What's new

Beta Input Plugin 1.76 released. *FeedBack*

Glurak

ummm could you maybe create a new windows form and display the rumbling stuff in that the "visual rumble" would only work in windowed mode bydoing it like that but at least it would work (I think)

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

ZakkWylde said:

That does fix sniping but the tradeoff is that movement becomes very difficult.

*sigh* then just switch it when needed ???
hint: RTFM, Modifier

wont work with the new version yet, just to avoid confusion

DiaBlo666

i use a modiffier to slow down the movement in the cursor keys..

but how i can set that modifier to only work with mouse instead of keys but only when needed? for example.. press A then aim with mouse then A to become normal playin with cursor?

moviecut

i own a psx-dual-shock-controller. am i allowed to use the right analog-stick for the c-buttons? i think in the last version i can`t get it to work. sorry i can`t test it with the new version, cause i`m not at home actually. so please tell me, if it is possible. maybe it`s because of the xp-build-in-drivers, that it doesn`t work right. how can i take just another driver instead of the build-in-drivers? i think they will come back and overwrite the new ones...ok, thanks for your answers...
moviecut

Hottoast

i own a psx-dual-shock-controller. am i allowed to use the right analog-stick for the c-buttons? i think in the last version i can`t get it to work. sorry i can`t test it with the new version, cause i`m not at home actually. so please tell me, if it is possible. maybe it`s because of the xp-build-in-drivers, that it doesn`t work right. how can i take just another driver instead of the build-in-drivers? i think they will come back and overwrite the new ones...ok, thanks for your answers...

I don't own a psx-dual-shock-controller, but do have a joypad with twin analog sticks. I have asigned the right stick as the c buttons and have had no problems at all. hope this helps.

Btw N-rage great plug-in, sry can't find any problems with it :cry: works just great for me:)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Diablo666, if u use version1.61, u can set keys to the primary controls and mouse to the alternate controls. then make a modifier to switch between the two. i did that for OoT to aim teh bow & arrow.

oh ya, Nrage r u going to put the alternate controls into the latest version? its not in the beta.

deekay2

Still doesn't work with both my genius gamepads, both the genuis g08 and maxfire digital force g-09d - they are not detected as gamepads

Works excellent with my logitech pads tho, any chance of fixing this?

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

for those having problems with their controllers, its 99% a driver issue. The plugin understands all Controlls of the DirectX-Interface. Check the Manufactorer(ugly word) for drivers.

And the new Version i just released (1.78) allows to make 2 different Analog-Stick setups.
Change between em with a Configuration Modifier .

Also u can change with that Modifier between Control Modes. For KeyBoard and Mouse are 2 Modes each. To tired to explain, best just try em. Absolute should be used for sniping in GE for example.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
absolute mouse modifier works great now, mouse movement %makes sense now. i think u hav the mouse just right!

for me, there is no difference between ramp and constant rumble. also, whats the rumble visualization for, i dont see any!

and finally how many modifiers are we allowed? infinite? 255? 8 (like before)?

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

pj64er said:
absolute mouse modifier works great now, mouse movement %makes sense now. i think u hav the mouse just right!

for me, there is no difference between ramp and constant rumble. also, whats the rumble visualization for, i dont see any!

and finally how many modifiers are we allowed? infinite? 255? 8 (like before)?

no difference while testing or no difference while gaming? It makes difference while gaming for me. With Ramp the Rumble is better for me, kinda hard to tell, with Constant the rumble is both too weak(short Impulse) and to strong(long Impulse). Ramp Effects blend better IMHO.
Rumble Visualisation will flash the Window Title when rumbling( only when windowed of course ), for those dont having a FFeedback Pad.

Oh and the Modifiers are a good Question, theres space for 256, but i dint limit em( will do in next version ), means if u have 256 Mods and add another one it will switch to 0 ;)
Hope 256 is enough for you

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya 256 is more than enough (i havent used more than 4!)

ill try the rumble somemore, btw im not using an adaptoid, im using a pc pad w/rumble.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
while i was testing the rumbling,i realized that the pad would stop responding if i switch rumble force (constant to ramp and vice-versa) in the middle of a game.

yes, visualize rumble works. but it seems to crash my pj64 1.4

what does 'real n64 range' do, set the range to 63%?

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Good Job NRage:

Ive always been a fan of your plugin, (although I had to stop using it for a while cuz it didnt work with 1964 until now). I really like the way you can switch from mempak to rumble with the push of a button, and I like the mini memcard manager you added. It makes N64 emulation a much funner and more realistic experience. I really dont have any complaints about the plugin so far, the only thing I would like to see is stronger rumble force if possible (I have mine set to 100% on constant force, but I feel it doesnt rumble hard enough.) Other than that, good job on the plugin it works great.

:thumbsup:

SirLuck

Logichtech Wingman Rumblepad USB

I seem to be having trouble getting your plug-in to work right with my system. Do I need to clear out older versions of PJ64 from my system and registry? Version 1.61 recognizes my rumblepad although I don't get the rumble effects. I can't get anywhere with 1.78

AMD 850
128 meg ram
Windows 98
Voodoo 3 3000
Soundblaster 128 PCI

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

pj64er said:
while i was testing the rumbling,i realized that the pad would stop responding if i switch rumble force (constant to ramp and vice-versa) in the middle of a game.

yes, visualize rumble works. but it seems to crash my pj64 1.4

what does 'real n64 range' do, set the range to 63%?

If u run the config dialog midgame the Packs get re-connected( prevents that mempaks get instantly corrupted ), some ROMs may not recognise the paks afterwards.

Visualisation wont crash PJ64 for me ?!?!

Real N64 Range is more complicated. A N64-Controller has a circle-shape limit, while PC(DirectX) have a square-shape limit. means a N64-Game will be more sensitive on diagonal movements, "Real N64 Range" counters this.

@Gamer123: sorry, 100% is the maximum strenght, u may try Ramp-Force though. thanx for the flowers :colgate:

Originally posted by SirLuck
I seem to be having trouble getting your plug-in to work right with my system. Do I need to clear out older versions of PJ64 from my system and registry? Version 1.61 recognizes my rumblepad although I don't get the rumble effects. I can't get anywhere with 1.78

What u mean u cant get anywhere? NO rumble or nothing at all? If ur PAd worked with 1.61 it will work wit 1.78 too. No need to clear registry since it has its own key.
For ur not working rumble u should check your drivers.