What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Another idea to N64 games enhacement

This is a god idea?

• YES, even with the separation

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • NO, I prefer the huge ones

Votes: 54 68.4%

• Total voters

Im Bored

lol@censors
Yeah I figured by gameshark hacking you could move them, and I still reckon that, but I cant help out any more as Nemu (the emu I use for hacking) refuses to run any Zelda game, and I have lost my Gameshark so I cant even hack it with the hardware, sorry.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I dont think you can move on-screen elements through gameshark, as the code values dont change...

Im Bored

lol@censors
You should be able to. Logic being that those display items turn on and off, say, when you play the ocarina, right? That means theres a visibility mod. In my experience that means there are lines that modify size, and position, and so on. It depends on the code its running on, but yeah...failing that, they would at least trace back to the geometry of the buttons, which you could edit manually to shrink.

Of course this is all theory as theres no way I can test it out.

Zeytok

mdtauk said:
I dont think you can move on-screen elements through gameshark, as the code values dont change...
yes, it's a static value and static value is all time in the program and the program is in the rom.
That's why i said "a rom hacking" is need
unfortunely, N64 emulators haven't a "patch on the fly" feature (like ZSnes,...)

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Zeytok said:
yes, it's a static value and static value is all time in the program and the program is in the rom.
That's why i said "a rom hacking" is need
unfortunely, N64 emulators haven't a "patch on the fly" feature (like ZSnes,...)
:( Sniff...

Anyway... SaVe SCReeN is ready and this time I made manually most of the draw so I hope doesn't take me to much make the missing ones because now I have this vectorially.

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
WIP: The color of the Quest Status Screen doesn't help me to give it the stone look... but at least I got already the correct names and format (is nearly the slower part of the retexture XD). Obviously isn't the final version... not even an alpha ...but I've take the following decision: base the size and location on the screen shots because the screens make it by mdtauk are cleaner/without many forms and make me get lost in some parts; for example, mdtauk take off the hexagon around the medallions and that confuses me because the screen look too empty when I draw it.

SALUDOS!

P.S.: Nothing personal, mdtauk… you know that I really love your work ^_^.

zeldafan970

MOYcano 0.23 said:
Mini WIP ...what do you think, Zeldafan970?

I acept opinions and sugestions: The_Agent, I'll goin to try that, but some day latter, I have a couple of exams this week.

SALUDOS!

sorry its taken me so long to respond. What I meant was the little yellow wind selector things.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
zeldafan970 said:
This is really really cool!! The only thing that I don't like is the wind cursor thing. I think it over does it, it'd be better if it was just left alone. But that's just my opinion.
Humn... I'll see what can I do since may look to minimalist but actually in this aspect I haven't any other idea but the wind/clouds ((ah, their color changes in the diferents screens... >_> I think someone say there are yellow or blue)).

SALUDOS!

P.S.: Humn... maybe 4 arrows like the L targeting... but I need shots ¬¬U

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
OKay, I'll going to change the background based in the screen shots
and maybe give it this kind of style (look the attachment) but,
of course, still I need to put it something to make it look like the others
(aka menus in Minish Cap).

The trouble is that the quest status screen in The Minish Cap haven’t resemblance
with the Ocarina of Time’s.

Maybe someone could paste some shot from the Four Swords Adventurers??

SALUDOS!

Last edited:

zeldafan970

MOYcano 0.23 said:
OKay, I'll going to change the background based in the screen shots
and maybe give it this kind of style (look the attachment) but,
of course, still I need to put it something to make it look like the others
(aka menus in Minish Cap).

The trouble is that the quest status screen in The Minish Cap haven’t resemblance
with the Ocarina of Time’s.

Maybe someone could paste some shot from the Four Swords Adventurers??

SALUDOS!

perfect, that's exactly what I meant! here is all I could find in terms of FSA subscreens....http://www.zeldalegends.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=177&pos=50

zeldafan970

Is it possible to change the color of the subscreen to make it look more like a stone, like in Minish Cap? Or can you not change the colors on the subscreen? Other than that I think it looks fine. My only other question is when the dump is coming out.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Changing colours requires alot of experimentation. Anything you would do white, must be done in a colour, and all the black can stay black or a very dark version of that colour. No white can be used.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Okay… since my girlfriend doesn’t want that I waste my time in videogames at cause of my class (Physics Enginery, it’s getting very difficult) and also, since every time I open the emulator I ended playing a lot, I wasn’t make major updates in long, long time.

But, here comes the mini WIPs!
-Major redraws in the Selection Item, Save and Quest Status Screen.
-Added the “L” and “R” for Ocarina of Time/The Master Quest.
-I retake some originals textures since look cleaner that the ones I draw n_nU

About the screens, I think this version is more or less the last one I made for this. Still… any or almost any change can be made. Please, fell free to make suggestions.

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Oh, ZeldaFan, I don’t forgot your request! Here are the files you want (between a few others) since I think these was not yet published here.

Maybe I’ll upload the screens until tomorrow when I have access to a relatively fast connection (compared to my Dial-up 56kb/s).

SALUDOS!