What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Another idea to N64 games enhacement

This is a god idea?

• YES, even with the separation

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • NO, I prefer the huge ones

Votes: 54 68.4%

• Total voters
OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
27226-another-idea-n64-games-enhacement-clipboard04.jpg

I'm thinking move the "sparkle" to the left and down, to in this way can looks centered in the arrow end. Also I'm trying to make some screens ((acording to mi own "big notes" -the grey ones- and the background-selected items, between others)) based in The Minish Cap status-screen ...all because I haven't images to make it similar to the WindWaker one!! There's any web-site you can recomend me??

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Okay… like I was saying before, I want make screens in The Minish Cap’s style because I think that match very well to the small items and the Wind Waker Style. I attach one image like WIP and the other only to discharge angry (because I have to do something special to affront this damn-shared situation).

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
..::Blage::.. said:
err... could you post a coppy of that for the public?? :D
Humn... still is only one screen and I think that need to be improved (for example, match the size of the triangles and made some editions by hand) …but... any way, maybe in this approach you can help me to find defects.

SALUDOS.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Only have it so the item boxes appear outside of the middle tiles from the save menu, and us the same backing, that way you wont get the errors.

I do think the shadow is too strong around the screen box, also, the icons need to be BIGGER it looks silly and wrong at the moment, use images that are 3 times the size of the original and not 4x, and have a little bit of border, that way its a little smaller, but not too small...

The_Z

"The_A"
I have tried your pack, and I think the select item screen looks good. :) However, I do not like the idea of small icons. Sorry. :(

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
Only have it so the item boxes appear outside of the middle tiles from the save menu, and us the same backing, that way you wont get the errors --- I do think the shadow is too strong around the screen box, also, the icons need to be BIGGER it looks silly and wrong at the moment, use images that are 3 times the size of the original and not 4x, and have a little bit of border, that way its a little smaller, but not too small...
NOp, because then the center item boxes doesn't will have his own space. Also, the strong shadow is there to make some similitude with the original one (see the screen-shot) without loosing the impression of one floating block. Don’t worry; I have already a couple of acceptable ideas.

About the icons, I don’t want to resample the images (if you see with attention could realize that the canvas size was sampled to not tree or four, but only two times the original size) because between filter and filter, the original texture could go the hell! I know that certainly looks small but when Im Bored -or any other- actually knows how to do this relocate thing, the principal part of the project will be finished: the small icons equals cleaner screen than before.

SALUDOS!

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
the small icons ruin the proportion of the whole thing. It is a very poor decision. If you could rearrange the position of things, it would work, but these things are in a fixed position, so you need to make the items bigger.

Making them a little smaller is not a bad idea, its just you made them too small.

I can see why you've done it, you dont want to have to remake the images, but too make something that looks good, you MUST remake them, and they are TOO small at the moment.

Minish Cap has a very small resolution, so it has a good balance, you need to tweak it

Try to ensure that when you compare a screenshot of your pack to minish cap, that you make sure your items are the same size.
Your items are much smaller, and dont look clear, make sure your items are the same as minish caps at that size...

Last edited:
OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
...If you could rearrange the position of things, it would work, but these things are in a fixed position, so you need to make the items bigger.
Hmn... hmn... -->
MOYcano 0.23 said:
... I know that certainly looks small but when Im Bored -or any other- actually knows how to do this relocate thing, the principal part of the project will be finished: the small icons equals cleaner screen than before...
:icecream:

mdtauk said:
...Your items are much smaller, and dont look clear, make sure your items are the same as minish caps at that size...
But I don't think that anyone play in a lower res' than 640x480!!

Since I don't want to match the aspect of The Minish Cap (I only are using these because I don't have enought shots from The Wind Waker) :saint: ...anyway, is a good idea the relation of size between the two screen shots... let me try it.

SALUDOS!

P.S.: You can delete anything that you don't like and see the result:

..::Blage::..

If you'd like any help remaking/ redoing ect. the items just send the dumps to me and I'd be more than happy to help out.... (

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
could you send me the files and I will show you what I mean. I like the way you are making the items smaller, I just think its a little too small... Also you need to change the backing slightly to remove the small boxes, because those tiles are reused for the save screen...

zeldafan970

This is really really cool!! The only thing that I don't like is the wind cursor thing. I think it over does it, it'd be better if it was just left alone. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
could you send me the files and I will show you what I mean. I like the way you are making the items smaller, I just think its a little too small... Also you need to change the backing slightly to remove the small boxes, because those tiles are reused for the save screen...
Actually, I think, the files already are on-line (unpack the ZIP and you’ll find any item you want to play with).

Again, about the items, I wasn’t planning make any edit additional to the modification of the canvas size since I wanted a cleaner screen using the same texture …certainly look funny the separation between them, but are only issues of habits.

SALUDOS!

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
im loving the status screen , cant wait for you to start on the others :D

as for the buttons, and spacing them, im dead sure iv seen a icon that would do the trick and still look small

its a circle inside a ring for the action buttons

ill see if i can make one........right this is an example just to show the idea, the white area is the transparent part of the icon also will need to be made in your preferred choice of art program (photo shop 7 or other)

other than that, keep up the good work, ( i realy need to install photoshop again lol)

:party:

Last edited:
OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Mini WIP ...what do you think, Zeldafan970?

I acept opinions and sugestions: The_Agent, I'll goin to try that, but some day latter, I have a couple of exams this week.

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
The_Agent said:
im loving the status screen , cant wait for you to start on the others :D ... as for the buttons, and spacing them, im dead sure iv seen a icon that would do the trick and still look small: its a circle inside a ring for the action buttons...
First at all, tnks...

I made an action button like you say, and I have to say that not convince me at all because the idea of the mini icos get lots. Anyway, look this FAKE shot and maybe you'll get it.

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
MOYcano 0.23 said:
...look at this FAKE shot...

27504-another-idea-n64-games-enhacement-legend-zelda-9.jpg

Oh, I’ve forgot: the buttons seems fuzzy because the editions I made at the image to relocate… during game, in at least 640x480, they seem absolutely clear/well defined.

SALUDOS!

Zeytok

only way to relocate buttons (ingame) it's hack...

if you think the original hud take too big place on screen, why don't try to do a transparent hud... like that you can see behind the hud...

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Zeytok said:
only way to relocate buttons (ingame) it's hack... if you think the original hud take too big place on screen, why don't try to do a transparent hud... like that you can see behind the hud?...
Because then will become transparent during the items selection as well.

I think is better in this way and I’m planning to do everything that’s necessary to the icons in this size could make a cleaner screen during play …unlucky, I haven’t any idea of how make the relocation… Im_bored say that’s through GameShark (I think), but nothing more.

SALUDOS!