What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Another idea to N64 games enhacement

This is a god idea?

• YES, even with the separation

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • NO, I prefer the huge ones

Votes: 54 68.4%

• Total voters

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Well, I don't like that idea. The place of the note (or what is this called? ôo) changes, ans so does the meaning...

Tetsuijin

If there was ever a way to reposition the icons, it would be awesome. Even though you can't, I still think it's a decent idea. :)

Fool

Me
:yucky: I don't think it is good idea. They look preety stupid. I would look good if you will make all game smaller

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Fool said:
:yucky: I don't think it is good idea. They look preety stupid. I would look good if you will make all game smaller
Duh? ...I can understand if you don't like how it look but really surprise me the part about the "stupid look" when almost everyone say something about the separation and nothing about the idea in self ...maybe because virtually every game in hi-res uses this kind of screen indicators ¬¬U

SALUDOS!

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
WIP: The last time that I entered the site haven’t time enough to update what I’m playing-with right now (all because I lost the majority of the temps that have in a system fail down). Anyway, because nobody else use this mod, certainly I will goanna experiment with many other things. This time: the rupees… in cell shade mode (I can full edit the numbers... WHY!!!???)

SALUDOS!

Im Bored

lol@censors
I honestly think if youve got some spare time, you should try and gameshark hack these icons. Im almost sure they have positioners. They have a map that tells them to be stuck to the screen, at the very least, so logic suggests they move. And further evidence, in the fact that the C buttons use one graphic.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Im Bored said:
I honestly think if youve got some spare time, you should try and gameshark hack these icons. Im almost sure they have positioners. They have a map that tells them to be stuck to the screen, at the very least, so logic suggests they move. And further evidence, in the fact that the C buttons use one graphic.
Actually, I haven't idea of this… humn… well, I already learned how to use Freehand and Gimp to do the editions so, why not this gameshark!? ^_^

The only think that I don’t fully understand is why nobody tell me this before and… there’s nobody here that can make it??

SALUDOS!

[ROLO]

Your Boss
The musical notes look really cool. Can the pentagram be moved so the notes stay on the right place?

MOYcano yo también soy mexicano, de Guadalajara :)

Im Bored

lol@censors
I would help you on your magical zelda hacking quest, but for some reason Nemu crashes and closes every time I run Zelda. Nothing else, JUST Zelda. Which leads me to believe God hates me, and of course, it needs to run in nemu for access to the memory editor. If anyone can think of solutions, let me know, because Id like to try hacking this code.

Otherwise, if you have more success than me, youll have to manually go through each 3F80 segment of the memory and find which apply to the buttons....itll take a load of time, sorry, but the easier thing should be to search for something like 80 when the buttons arent visible, and 00 or 05 or something, when they are. Just use the ocarina/song playing thing to quickly change those states.

Naz99

The guy came up with an intresting idea and experiment why even knock it ??
Besides most of the posts are moaning about what it looks like in zelda but thats just an example of his idea that works and nobody has thought of...some of you ppl are way to critical of new ideas and most knock them rather than suggesting how it could be used to its best!!
Keeps reminding me why i dont really post on this board ...id kick off with too many ppl as im sick of seeing ppl bitch about petty things such as how luigis nose is slightly too big or this certain texture isnt close enough to the original etc etc when these ppl are attempting to enhance a whole game filled with artwork, who the hell says it has to be a certain way other than the bloody person who is attempting it!
Sorry ppl dont mean to flame anyone but rice is a legend for coming out with a fantasic idea like hires textures and the guys that use it are great for trying to take advantage of it and there is great work going on here but i really cant post too much as it angers me so much to see ppl bitching or complaining about the results without giving the person the time to perfect or even get started with the possibility of what they can or have attempted.
Now i do know the difference between constructive criticism and a negative comment so i aint generalising all the posts just the stupid amount of negative ones which are far too numerous to ignore.

Hehe now i do realise that the above sounds like a rant but i wouldnt have ever thought of an idea like this so i thought it was pretty cool yet instead of getting posts pointing out how it could improve (yes there are some i know)or what games could take advantage of it im looking at "i dont like it!" type of posts too much and this is directed at numerous topics not just this one.

This was just (to me at least) another thing that urged me to finally post this as i think there are far too many abandoned projects that probably have come about due to negativity and complaints that maybe the artwork isnt to their liking (not quality wise but style wise) like its their Fu**ing choice IMO.

Ok ya can cue the flames now if ya like but i honestly dont give a crap ill just continue to watch and appreciate ppls work without having to degrade it.

here have an example:

"Originally Posted by Fool
I don't think it is good idea. They look preety stupid. I would look good if you will make all game smaller"

Yeah mate ironically your name couldnt be more appropriate...sod the fact that the topic is to test an IDEA that may or may not work in this or other games lets post a crap comment like that for him attempting his idea and posting for feedback! like a comment like "stupid" is gonna motivate him to try more!

Someone had to say this cos if im the only one that has noticed this then frankly this aint much of a msg board is it?
So to all the ppl that come up with ideas like this keep it up i love it! ;)

And to all the muppets that will no doubt bitch you can have a "FU*K YOU" ;)

Sorry for going off topic and the long read i wont comment back to flames as it should stay on topic. THX (hehe even though ive just contradicted myself :p )

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Techman said:
And what's also ironic is that 81.82% who have seen it seems that it's stupid idea. Even me.
Yes… it’s absolutely ironic: the game industry was wrong, because saturate the screen with big action-buttons to remember during-game the configuration that in theory we already know always has bee the right decision! ¬¬U if all you see in that way… CERTAINLY is a stupid idea, je, je.

Im Bored, I start to read something about the things that should do to “hack” the position and I’m starting to think that I just can’t do it! T_T In fact, I already start my physics curses and obviously I must apply my time to them. Can you keep trying? PLEASE!! Maybe you could post a request in someplace …anyway, I’m sure you can find a better place to request for help ^_^

And, Naz99, is a shame that you won’t be near around here to do critics in a row XD

SALUDOS! :party:

[spanish]P.D.: Muy buena idea Rolo, media octava más abajo, cierto? Sólo que necesitaría también meter mano al Quest Status Screen... deja le escribo a mdtauk[/spanish]

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Hey, mdtauk… I have a request here!

Happens that I start my own project with some weird ideas like the reduction of the items size (to cleanup the screen during game), the inclusion of a full-body link image to locate him inside the dungeons (ripped from Four Swords XD), a fully cell-shade rupee… and (the one which justify this post) a set of notes to replace the “A” and N64 c-buttons that appears when Link plays any ocarina.

The trouble is I don’t want a complete different skin-set; I’m thinking in only the few textures necessaries to make a full alternative… and personally I was planning use all the others textures from the Dijipi’s mod (hope I don’t gave the wrong idea here) but results that you make the quest status screen to that project… and the notes I made, aren’t matching mostly because the original texture became al blurry when make a zoom. And also the position of this notes in the pentagram slightly chance so I should turn the lines a little lower than the actual ones.

Because all this, I request, if there’s no-bother, any medium to put it right (maybe, your quest file before putting the paper texture).

SALUDOS!

Last edited:
OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Two-in-one WIPs
(and I'm still waiting any answer from mdtauk).

Latter I'll goanna detail the actualization
but you may get an idea from the screenshots.

SALUDOS!

P.S.: Remember, is a full-set.

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
i'm sorry, I really dont like the idea of the smaller textures, it looks very poor
Hi there!, mdtauk …at least you answer XD

Okay, let me try to put it right -¡damn translations!- as confusions are becomes more and more frequent because my horrifying English-writing-abilities:

I want to put notes in the pentagram(even when have only four lines) instead of the A and the c-button icons. I already made the notes and this are around here in many of the full sets. But the place chances because the note are read in the location of the circular part so also change the meaning of these notes (simply there’s no way to put right the place if I don’t chance the pentagram lines). So I was considering the possibility in that you could send me the quest-status-screen file before you put it the paper texture and I that way I can relocate the lines according to my project…

Actually, in this precise moment I don’t know what for!, since already I realize how could I made it and then the notes will be also coincident with is shadows (or whatever you can call the predefined space) in the quest-status screen, and then I'll only have to change the color (obviously I draw it using vector graphics).

So, thanks for the reply, and don’t be sorry …keep the good work in the static scenarios because I’m sure to love it when it comes.

SALUDOS!

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
If I relocate the music score, it will end up throwing everything out of balance. The are not ment to be notes, but buttons.

Perhaps try to tweak your idea a bit, so the button is in the same place on the tile, but perhaps reshape it, or put the letter below the button

OP
MOYcano 0.23

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
If I relocate the music score, it will end up throwing everything out of balance. The are not ment to be notes, but buttons. Perhaps try to tweak your idea a bit, so the button is in the same place on the tile, but perhaps reshape it, or put the letter below the button
Great idea… I’m doing the experimentation and these could be a fast and good way …yet I’ll going to draw other status screens to the other notes (and the small items): I am stubborn.

SALUDOS!

P.S.: Mini - WIP!! JEJEJE.