What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

An idea to N64 games enhacement: TruForm

OP
A

Archnemon

Ok.

About the effect:

Orkin said:
Now before you all get too excited, there are still a few issues:
"Fat" Models: Makes models look "fat". May be able to add a slider to adjust amount of TRUFORMing.

Models are not really "fat".They are just "smoothed", and probably TruForm add polys in middle...I dont think that it is a problem.

Next step: Bump Mapping :icecream:

IM0001

yoyoyo

when will we get a little something to mess with ourselves :) Im dying to try this out with my 9800PRO

ragnor

hmm... Now all I need is an upgrade to my PC, so I can use the plugin once TRUFORM is enabled. An upgrade so I can play outdated games? Haha, oh well.

Mireneye

Be patient he will work it out in time!... Also, any kind of additional shaderfeature would be cool. As in Bumpmapping or even the more advanced ones as in Normal or Displacement. But I don understand the hardships of those, I tried writing a NormalMap shader myself, for 3dsmax... I was fairly.. BArely sucsessful.. And it does'nt work to well.. It has to make one pass for every light present EEK. Which will beacome heavy and intensive for CPU as you know...

Keep goin at it, I hope it will come around soon!

ryanraab

Mireneye patients very good. Without it I would be hunting down Orkin. Those shaderfeatures in n64 games would be awesome. Automatically would make the n64 beat any console out there with the help of modern computers ofcourse.

P.S Orkin are you sharing the code to Rice so he can have a look at it? :)

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
I hope I'm not being too forward but, I'm really suprised no one has asked this.
Would you be able to post some screenshots? Just for curiosity's sake.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
CoffeeandTV said:
Sorry, they were not loading for me :/

I sometimes get that problem too. Though very rarley, like when my computer decides to be an a$$. I just can't wait fo the final thing to be finished and released.

Nin_10_Dough

I like avi recording features. Avi recording relies on savestate recording and then the following keystrokes afterwards which is then later converted to avi ( not done through video plugin I don't think ). Any chance of a feature like that appearing in either 1964 or pj?

I thought the free camera movement feature in nemu was pretty neat. In conjunction with a movie record feature some amazing clips could be made. Imagine recording yourself playing through a level or area and then going back and setting the camera path to follow you in a certain way. Sort of a enhanced replay mode :D

IM0001

yes

that kind of camera replay setup would be awsome. As does the sound of what orkin has been doing. Pretty sweet that we can breath new life into an old console. Now I just wonder is orkin making it Software only or will it take advantage of us ATI users that have the hardware. Either way my 3.0 ~3.15 should be able to take it if the GPU gets to be lazy.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Nin_10_Dough said:
I like avi recording features. Avi recording relies on savestate recording and then the following keystrokes afterwards which is then later converted to avi ( not done through video plugin I don't think ). Any chance of a feature like that appearing in either 1964 or pj?

I thought the free camera movement feature in nemu was pretty neat. In conjunction with a movie record feature some amazing clips could be made. Imagine recording yourself playing through a level or area and then going back and setting the camera path to follow you in a certain way. Sort of a enhanced replay mode :D
Hmm... I think I recall mupen has something similar. Might be unreleased, though.

Nin_10_Dough

Yes mupen can record avi, but mupen won't run for me at all. I know others that mupen just refuses to work for also :yucky:. Crashes whenever I try to choose the rom directory, directly load a game, change a setting, ect. It doesn't have the free camera movement thing or the idea of being able to define a path for the camera during a replay.

jdsony

Anyone interested in manufacturing an updated N64 console that will take advantage of all these features? The system will offer full HDTV resolution support with hi-res textures, smoothed models, shader options such as cell-shading, up to 7.1 surround sound, game save anywhere, wireless controllers, and some other unique features. We will also have a very simple SDK to entice developers, possibly even Rare.

:p