What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

An idea to N64 games enhacement: TruForm

Trotterwatch

Great work :) Damn shame this couldn't have been done in hardware (though you did explain the reasons why earlier - ie uberbloating of things).

Does look mighty fine though.

neo64

ähm... Orkin, how did you do that? Have you programmed another plugin or how does it work? Where is it available and how can I get it running?

Kolano

To the folks above with NVidias, you'll note Orkin specifically says "TRUFORM enabled" (i.e. this will be ATI only).

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Kolano said:
To the folks above with NVidias, you'll note Orkin specifically says "TRUFORM enabled" (i.e. this will be ATI only).

Actually, even though it uses ATI's algorithm (based off an example program they put out), it's all done in software so it'll work on anything. Assuming you have a fast enough CPU to handle what was originally intended to be done on a GPU...

Last edited:

xenSity

20X6
That is a pretty cool feature.
It is too bad that the geometry is so strange that it can't be done in GPU.
If there was a way to convert the data to something that the GPU could handle to sort of stage or spread the load a bit... Not sure if it would be any faster or even possible.

It's at least something worth wondering about. As it is now, it looks nice.

Talbain

Moo.
I know I splurged. It looks good. The geometry of the N64 must be very strange though... of course, we're trying to work at it from an emulation standpoint... so it may just be that the architecture is still misunderstood, although... that would seem pretty far-fetched considering what emulation is currently doing with the N64 wouldn't it? Yeah, I like ellipses. That Mario pic's very impressive though, not to mention promising.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I've heavily modified and optimized ATI's original code and the speed is much better now. Unfortunately to get decent speed I had to lock it at only quadrupling the triangle count, where ATI's implementation could do different "levels" of tesselization, but it's still a decent quality boost.

I also fixed the gap problem, so now I just need to figure out how to keep it from bloating things like terrain, boxes, bridges, and the like. Looks like this may turn into a usable option afterall!

ryanraab

I just want to say this is awesome but I use Rices plugin. So I hope Rice and you work together to get this on Rices plugin too. :happy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Nooo... that's azimer's job =)
Azimer is the most sound experienced developer 'round here... I suppose.

OP
A

Archnemon

Good work!Awesome! And it is based on my idea :happy:

I dont know about Nvidia N-Patches, but TruForm is designed to draw the maps and textures correctly...is logical.

I hope that this can be use in all games, or at less, in most N64 games...

NT: My english is really "good"? :blush: