What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kyo said:
...Although i already experienced them with version 0.3...
Hmmm, if the big slowdown is only on Zebes Stage, try removing the textures starting with:
SMASH BROTHERS#4BD50EC4...
SMASH BROTHERS#445E0667...
SMASH BROTHERS#8819C8E6...
SMASH BROTHERS#A8EE7A96...
(in Stages/Planet Zebes folder)
And please report if that helped or not. If the slowdown is gone after deleting these files, the problem is probably the same than with the new textures. I hope Rice can fix/optimize/hack this someday.

peoman69 said:
I also found item pics and some closeup character pics.
Use them wisely.
Thanks for the artwork, although I already have all the items, except for that Pokéball, I didn't have too much luck looking for a decent one, so thanks for providing it, I'll improve the PokéBall for the next release. And I think the StarRod can be improved too. :)
Btw, I used exactly the same MaximTomato in 0.30.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
A little progress in Fighting Polygon Team Stage. :)
I didn't finish with all its textures yet. But if you want to give them a try, download and extract the file below in the game folder (EDIT: Now available since 0.31). Although they're working fine here, please report if they cause big slowdowns on your comps.
Some textures are in Master Hand too.

Last edited:

Kyo

Yeah..
Confirmed, the slowdowns are definitely those textures fault. It's a shame...let's hope Rice fixes it. I'm glad to see the lava is not one of those, i love that lava! :)

Oh, and :bounce: at those new ones...awesome.

Last edited:

optimus$prime

hi there!

now i also encountered some minor gfx and sound stuttering with these textures. i'm now looking for the old ci's. That should solve the problem.

thx to _pm_ for providing the file list :happy:
congratulations to the bonus stage

i have created an alternate version of the lava; try it!
for installation overwrite the old files in the planet zebes folder

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
hi there!

now i also encountered some minor gfx and sound stuttering with these textures. i'm now looking for the old ci's. That should solve the problem.

thx to _pm_ for providing the file list :happy:
congratulations to the bonus stage

i have created an alternate version of the lava; try it!
for installation overwrite the old files in the planet zebes folder
Awesome work!! Although it should be acid :D (remember the 'Acid Clear' bonus?)
Well, back to the textures slowdown problems, I don't think that using the regular ci's instead of the rgba would be much help, Kyo reported that the slowdowns were in 0.30 too (btw, thanks Kyo for the report!).

RodimusDML

Ummm...what does this do again
i have a question, how do i do this, i mean, i have the textures, but where am i suppose to put the rom?

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
Congo Jungle progress:

i still have problems with the white borders :plain:
Great work, Optimus!!! Especially the wood, it looks awesome!! :bouncy: And with no slowdowns here :)
Yes, those white pixels are really annoying. Btw, I was working on the MotionSensor Bomb today, and came into the same problem.

Anyways, I managed to remove almost every odd pixel applying an erode filter on the alpha channel (Don't expect smooth edges). But I think a better idea is to manually edit the alpha, or find another way to remove them.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
RodimusDML said:
i have a question, how do i do this, i mean, i have the textures, but where am i suppose to put the rom?
AFAIK, there are no restrictions about where to put the rom.

RodimusDML said:
i also have another question, i get Rice 6.0, but it doesnt show up in the plugins selection, why?
1) Make sure that the plugin is in the plugin folder (inside the main emu folder by default).
2) You need to put the BMLib* files in the emu folder.
Btw, remember that you need 6.1.1beta10 for the SSB texture pack.

optimus$prime

question:

why there are white borders on texture in the front and the one in the back is looking correct? it's the same texture

what do you think?

EDIT:maybe when it's stretched?

96SL2er

Has anybody else had this problem with a "TEAR" in the background of the hyrule castle level?

Here is a screenshot of the problem.

Can somebody please fix this?

Thanks,
Chad

smash.jpg

Kolano

optimus$prime said:
question:

why there are white borders on texture in the front and the one in the back is looking correct? it's the same texture

what do you think?

EDIT:maybe when it's stretched?

Yes, I'd say that the background image is not stretched, but shrunk. Since the white is only 1px wide when it shrinks it disapears.

Are you using a white matte when you save these? Using a transparent matte might resolve the problem.

GaryCXJk

Okay, did my try at the SMASH logo. Failed miserably.

That's how it supposed to look.

In case you didn't noticed, the image is also a hyperlink, if you haven't figured it out, go here:

http://www.multiverseworks.com/Smash.zip

Okay, now, to make it actually work WELL, there's something you need to know. The logo, along with some other graphics, uses overlapping, meaning there is at least one pixel which gets overlapped by the top / bottom graphics.

As an example here's a text:

I eat ba

bies

If the two pieces of text were to be combined with overlapping, this would happen:

I eat bbies

What happened to the a? It got overlapped by the b of bies. So how to solve this?

I eat ba

abies

This sentence will turn into this:

I eat babies

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Yes, many tiled images use overlapping, including the big texts and the characters pictures in the character selection screen.

About the title, I think you could take it from the original case, and try to enhance or vectorize it. I was planning to redo the title, but I'm busy studying now, so if you want to help, you're welcome. If you want to give it a try, the image below is a portion of the original case (not a texture), it may be some help :) I think I'm going to work on the copyright text on the title screen.

Last edited:

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Here is a texture pack for some of the life counters in SSB.
NOTE: this doesn't not replace luigi or Jigglypuff because they are secret charactures is SSBM and I can't get to them.
Edit: Go to the first Post to get this pack.

Last edited:

Exodia11

Forbidden one
Mojo Man!!! said:
Here is a texture pack for some of the life counters in SSB.
NOTE: this doesn't not replace luigi or Jigglypuff because they are secret charactures is SSBM and I can't get to them.
wait u can;t unlock luigi and jigglypuff in melee?!?!?!?!?!? there like the easiest to get