What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
_pm_ said:
The 'Press Start' is updated since v0.02.
I had problems with the Ready to fight (Ignored texture) some weeks ago. I'll check if the same happens with the new betas.
o, i guess ill go re-download it then.

optimus$prime

planet zebes progress:

i'm back and i created a new map texture for the level. i'm using the map design of super metroid :happy: it's a allciByRGBA.png texture. in the game some colors appear wrong.

any suggestions?

Last edited:

optimus$prime

congo jungle progress:

i have another problem with a texture. it's from congo jungle and it's also allciByRGBA.png. there is a white boarder in the game. maybe it helps turning it into a real ci :(

please reply

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Two solutions to the white border:

1. Color the white background of your texture something that resembles the object more (like the same kind of brown)

or

2. Make the alpha channel 1-bit. That is, no blurring on the edges. And make sure that none of the white alpha pixels are on the whiteness of the texture background.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I'm retexturing the bonus texts now, trying to remake the original font (the m needs some tweaking). It's pretty hard working with them, since every Bonus Name is a texture, so I need to get the Bonus in the game only to dump the texture I want to replace :(

However, I had a lot of progress in finding those textures. :bouncy: The text file includes a list of all the bonuses I've found at this moment. If someone knows about the existance of other bonuses not included on the list, please let me know.

Also, I noticed that the font used in the Stages Names in the Stage Selection screen is the same than the Bonus font, so I started remaking all of them too with my new fonts (third screenshot) :)

Last edited:

Kolano

cloudscapes said:
Two solutions to the white border:

1. Color the white background of your texture something that resembles the object more (like the same kind of brown)

or

2. Make the alpha channel 1-bit. That is, no blurring on the edges. And make sure that none of the white alpha pixels are on the whiteness of the texture background.

3. Insure the PNG matte color is set as transparent, not white.

Kyo

Yeah..
_pm_, i checked your list, and the only one that seems to be missing (excepted the ones reported in the SSB Strategy Guide and not confirmed) is "Mew Catch".

Keep it up guys!

GaryCXJk

I think the problem is the actual alphaness of the image. I don't know if it can handle alpha blending. I'm going to try out myself, where to put this file, and recheck later.

In the time being, enjoy this Classic Mushroom Kingdom pack. It's not a big deal, I only pixel-resized most of it. Only the cloud I put in more effort. It's not complete, but I will update it later if I have the time.

I also uploaded it on my own server, since I don't trust attachments.

http://www.multiverseworks.com/ClassicMushroomKingdom.zip

EDIT:

Smash001A.jpg

Smash001B.jpg

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kyo said:
_pm_, i checked your list, and the only one that seems to be missing (excepted the ones reported in the SSB Strategy Guide and not confirmed) is "Mew Catch".
Thanks a lot, Kyo!! You won a place in the "Thanks" section of the README :p I wonder if there are more bonuses that weren't discovered yet, apart from the non-confirmed ones :huh:
Well, I need to catch Mew now, I got him lots of times in Training Mode, I'll see if I have the same luck in 1P Mode, or find a cheat for it. :plain:

GaryCXJk said:
In the time being, enjoy this Classic Mushroom Kingdom pack. It's not a big deal, I only pixel-resized most of it. Only the cloud I put in more effort. It's not complete, but I will update it later if I have the time.
Thanks, maybe it's not a big deal for you, but is perfect for me :)
What I mean, I was also thinking about pixel-resizing the Mushroom Kingdom textures. Personally, I don't think that improving the blocks would be a great idea, the original textures were designed to look like the original Super Mario Bros for the NES.
Btw, can I add them to the texture pack? If yes, I'll specify in the README that you did them. :)

optimus$prime said:
i have another problem with a texture. it's from congo jungle and it's also allciByRGBA.png. there is a white boarder in the game. maybe it helps turning it into a real ci
optimus, I think GaryCXJk is right, it looks that the game forces the alpha channel to 1-bit for this particular texture. Anyways, I modified the alpha channel to remove the white lines.

GaryCXJk

_pm_ said:
Thanks, maybe it's not a big deal for you, but is perfect for me :)
What I mean, I was also thinking about pixel-resizing the Mushroom Kingdom textures. Personally, I don't think that improving the blocks would be a great idea, the original textures were designed to look like the original Super Mario Bros for the NES.
Btw, can I add them to the texture pack? If yes, I'll specify in the README that you did them. :)
Sure, you can add them.

By the way, the poster in the intro, from what car was that? I was planning on improving that one as well, but all I can find on that poster is something written that looks like SRS-290.

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
Guys, does anybody know how to fix that weird lagging on the tree and the two pipes on mushroom kingdom? It kind of takes away from all of the textures.

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
optimus, I think GaryCXJk is right, it looks that the game forces the alpha channel to 1-bit for this particular texture. Anyways, I modified the alpha channel to remove the white lines.

thx for help!
do you know how the edit the aplha channel with photoshop?
this texture was posted only as an example :happy:

GaryCXJk: very nice work! for me i like it less pixelated

Last edited:

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
The alpha channel is usually located under the channels toolbar.

Although it may use an external alpha, a seperate file with _a which is just black & white.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
GaryCXJk said:
Sure, you can add them.

By the way, the poster in the intro, from what car was that? I was planning on improving that one as well, but all I can find on that poster is something written that looks like SRS-290.
Thanks! :)
About that car, looks like a cheap 3D Model for me, not based on a real one.
I wonder what the text below says. :huh:

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
Looks like from the screen shots, you guys have the problems with the "slanted" pipes in the Mushroom Kingdom as well. I hope this is fixed soon ^_^;

I love how this texture pack is coming along!...Good work everyone!