What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
I just got done making the platform icon, hope you like it, Im bored outta my mind :x It changes both the in-game and the aftergame icons in bonus round 2.
1- new icon
2-old icon

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
Ok... lets see...I'd really really appreciate it if you stoped using .rar files,I'd say only about 1/4 the people that own computers with an n64 emulator actually have a program that will let them archive .rar files, so please everybody,if your going to put any files on the forum please make them zips. :plain: thanx

Trotterwatch

MP3, why don't you actually download Winrar or another archiver that deals with one of the de facto web archive technologies. .zip is old and in many ways obselete.... so instead of whining UPDATE.

Thanx.

Oh and I'd really appreciate if you didn't try to dictate how people should attach files, you are not the one paying for the extra bandwith. Oh and you realise that some people use 56k modems still which means a little bit extra download time ;)

Edit//
Ah AOL user I see, that certainly figures

Last edited:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
_pm_ said:
I'm working on new Hyrule textures, please be patient. :)

Using some textures from SSBM would be a great idea, but I don't have SSBM. If somebody wants to help dumping some SSBM textures, please let me know.

Btw, isn't that Snorlax a 3D Model? SSB doesn't use 3d models for those Pokémon, just a plain texture. Anyways, if the GC emus are able to export 3d models, this shouldn't be a major problem (except from the rendering process to make them 2D).

allright,thats cool, then i think that u guys should put the ones that look like theyre from the card games back in because it gives them a more pokemon feel since all the pokemon 3d games had been a flop. (i havent play them, i just have a subscription to gaming mags which unfortunately cover god-awful games like that one)

Trotterwatch

Most? Well perhaps most other people should contribute towards the bandwith wasted with bad compression. Maybe they should be the one adjusting to new standards, and not everyone else bending over backwards for them....

Perhaps support for Win 3.1 should be added into all emulators too, or maybe just make them DOS only ;)

/Back on topic

Great work _PM_ you're doing a great job, can't wait for the next .rar of your work :)

Nin_10_Dough

Actually neither zip or rar are really meant for media files. Picture files are compressed generally by their format ( jpeg, bmp, png ). Same for video files , except with avi, codecs determine the compression.
read about it here: http://www.winzip.com/xgifcomp.htm

Zip: 10.5mb
Rar: 10.1mb
The main reason it was able to compress as much as it did is because there are duplicate files and only minor differences between each file.

Here's another test with completely different files ( no duplicates, no similarities ) totaling @ 17.3mb.
Zip:16.9
Rar:16.9
Anyone downloaded a file with a .7z extension? I downloaded the Mario Kart 64 rom ( no , I'm not posting the site ) in that format. Compressed it was about 10mb, uncompressed it was 300+ mb. It had every known dump of the game! It compressed so well because the differences between each file where minor , and although the game(s) have media files in them (sounds, textures) , it is mostly code.

Don't get me wrong, I have winrar. But I remember when I didn't, and I hated .rar because of that ( dial-upper back then ). :bouncy:

Last edited:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
i have winrar, and i really dont like using it that much. mostly because of a simple convenience: winzip opens the file directory it uncompressed to. with winrar, i have to search for where i put it, which i have to specify each time unless i want it stored in the temporary internet files folder, which i clean out a lot...

.7z files, since they re-write everything in code like u said, nin_10_dough, should be able to compress everything much easier. i guess if written in code, mario kart might be able to be compressed that much, idk.

id rather have it in zip than rar, but thats just me... and mp3 e o... and probably a few others...

Nin_10_Dough

I have winrar integrated into Windows, all I have to do is right click and hit "extract here." About .7z, I meant the rom image is mostly code. It was still able to compress so well because the majority of the 300mb+ files was duplicate code.

Nice work _pm_ , but you forgot about the double outline ( you got one of them , but forgot the white ). I knew something seemed different about them, but had to run the game to see.

MP3 e o , I like your icons even though they are different from the original ones. They look more like the ingame platfroms than the real icons do.

Last edited:

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
Thanx

-pm- ill help you with the texture dumping thing just give me your email

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Getting back to .7z format, is it feasible to compress files that I have using Winzip/Winrar (into .7z)? I like this type of compression, mostly because how it can make an insanely huge file into less than 1/10th of its original size. Any feedback is appreciated. As I said before, how can I do this w/Winzip?