What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
cooliscool said:
No offense, but what's up with the intense grain filter in your textures? I don't think it makes them look good at all.
yea, i know what u mean. some look good with the grain and some just, well... dont.

Kerber2k

_pm_ said:
wtf??? This is really strange. :bye3: Are you using the textures from the big pack or from the latest update? (previous page) Which version of Rice's Video are you using? Are there other areas and/or stages with the same bug? :huh:

Considering the major changes done in the latest Rices betas, I think the big pack is very outdated, so I'll see if I can upload a minor update soon with all the fixes and ci replacements. Also, I think I'll remove my old attachments to avoid confusion. Bestbiz, can I add your textures into the pack? It would be nice to have everything in a single file. :plain:

Im using the beta 5 of rice. I have other texture problems, and have had them since I got Rices plugin, but not with SSB64 that I know of. The newest texture pack for SSB64 just got it. Rice's plugin also does nice little bugs for me in Zelda OOT with not showing heart animations <-- I have used other emulators to make sure it wasnt the rom, but sure enough they worked fine. I have messed with almost every option on 1964 to eliminate these problems all my attempts have failed.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
ferbe said:
What is the problem with that? Everyone make the textures the way they want, if you don't like them don't use them!! Or even better, make your own!! Why didn't you complain when he showed the textures for first time? Also, _pm_ said in the latest messages that he would make major improvements to the textures, so I don't think these are final.

.... Did you notice the part in my post which stated "no offense" ?

Stating my opinion. I never said he couldn't do what he wants with them, FFS.

It's called FEEDBACK. Need me to spell it out to you? F . E . E . D . B . A . C . K . :)

Feed.back n. - The return of information about the result of a process or activity; an evaluative response.

Last edited:

optimus$prime

Kerber2k said:
Im using the beta 5 of rice. I have other texture problems, and have had them since I got Rices plugin, but not with SSB64 that I know of. The newest texture pack for SSB64 just got it. Rice's plugin also does nice little bugs for me in Zelda OOT with not showing heart animations <-- I have used other emulators to make sure it wasnt the rom, but sure enough they worked fine. I have messed with almost every option on 1964 to eliminate these problems all my attempts have failed.

maybe your problem is your geforce 4 Ti MX (is it MX or Ti???)
i suggest you to switch to a dx9 radeon ;)
there are also some gfx bugs when using fulscreen because of the beta...

yeah feedback is welcome :p

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
cooliscool said:
No offense, but what's up with the intense grain filter in your textures? I don't think it makes them look good at all.
For some reason, the castle's bricks don't look very good even with little grains. The attached textures are totally opposite, with no grains. I'll probably use them as a base and add some details later.

Kerber2K said:
Not totally sure, but it seems that your video card is causing some problems (drivers?). About the texture pack, if you installed some of the updates I posted yesterday, I think it may be related to the way I'm saving the CI replacement PNGs (your missing texture is a CI indeed). If that's the case, please confirm and I see what can I do.
On the other hand, if you installed only the pack (first page, including the miniupdate), I have no idea about what could be happening, since nobody mentioned this before. It would be nice to know if some other people had similar problems with it.
Btw, if you had problems with other games, I think you should ask in Rice's Video plugin topic for a decent response.

Last edited:

Kerber2k

optimus$prime said:
maybe your problem is your geforce 4 Ti MX (is it MX or Ti???)
i suggest you to switch to a dx9 radeon ;)
there are also some gfx bugs when using fulscreen because of the beta...

yeah feedback is welcome :p

Its a MX not a Ti I dont know what crack I was smoking when I did my computer specs, probably some good crack :). pm I'm re-downloading the texturepack and doing a clean install. I suspect its my videocard because alot of roms are buggy in fullscreen I notice
-update Same results so it must be the conflictions between my card and the plugin....bummer.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Since there were many changes due to the latest Rice's betas progress, I uploaded a new version of the SSB Texture Pack, which you can download here.
Note that this is a minor update, which apart from being a single file, includes the textures corrections made after 6.1.1beta3 and some new textures as well. Look at the first page of this thread for more information.

Also, considering that bestbiz did a great work with the Yoshi Stage textures, I included them into the pack. There are no major improvements in Hyrule Castle yet, please be patient.

About the backgrounds, I don't think it's a good idea to include them in the pack with the current state of the plugin, the Hyrule background is still buggy here (although the Yoshi's training background seems to work fine). Anyways, if you want to give them a try, you can download them here.

NOTE #1: Rice Video 6.1.1beta8 or later required.
NOTE #2: It's highly recommended (for every new release) to delete the previous SSB hires textures before installing this one.

Last edited:

anders339

....OMG this ownz!
One thing, because of my bad english i deleted all of the Textures :blush: , and there doesn't seem that you can redownload them. And the newest update doesn't have these ones, like the Hi-GO pic.

Is that going to be in a new update, or what I'm goin to do?

Anyway, keep up the pwnage work !

_pm_

Pathetic Member
anders339 said:
....OMG this ownz!
One thing, because of my bad english i deleted all of the Textures , and there doesn't seem that you can redownload them. And the newest update doesn't have these ones, like the Hi-GO pic.

Is that going to be in a new update, or what I'm goin to do?

You can get the (current) full texture pack from the first page (message #2), which includes all the textures we were working on. You don't need the update for the current pack.

Last edited:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
not to push anyone, but when will anyone be working on sector z? i ask because i finally convinced one of my friends that these were worth downloading, but he was really disappointed that there was no updated background for sector z.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Guys, I've made all the corrections to the texture pack to cover all the changes included in 6.1.1beta8. Feel free to download the new pack at the first page of the thread. You can also get an update for 0.21 and 0.211 there, so you don't need to download the full pack again. You don't need the update for 0.212.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
C0bra said:
problem with the snorlax pokemon: theres two...
Pokémon were removed in the latest packs. I'll see if I can make/get some decent ones (with the RGBA advantage) and readd them. If someone wants to help, feel free to post possible Pokémon replacements.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
A first attempt to improve Link's shield.
I'll fine detail it later (correct the wings, etc.)
Consider it a draft :p

NOTE: 6.1.1beta8 required

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
A first attempt to improve Link's shield.
I'll fine detail it later (correct the wings, etc.)
Consider it a draft :p

NOTE: 6.1.1beta8 required

wow looking good :happy:
try to smoothen the edges of the inner texture of the shield

don't forget that some chararcter textures change their palette when selecting an alternate player color in the menu; i think the shield doesn't change

nice for first attempt!

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
wow looking good :happy:
try to smoothen the edges of the inner texture of the shield

don't forget that some chararcter textures change their palette when selecting an alternate player color in the menu; i think the shield doesn't change

nice for first attempt!
thx. About the inner texture, if you mean the eagle, I'm working on it (I love vector editing!!).

Yeah, I also think the shield doesn't change, but I'll need to take a look to confirm it. Btw, DK's fur looks a bit bad with the palette changes, so I think I'll need to remake it, and convert to RGBA format, and consider all the different colors it may have (maybe 5 or 6).

Any progress with stages textures?

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
thx. About the inner texture, if you mean the eagle, I'm working on it (I love vector editing!!).

no, i mean the backside of the shild (with the wood)

_pm_ said:
Yeah, I also think the shield doesn't change, but I'll need to take a look to confirm it. Btw, DK's fur looks a bit bad with the palette changes, so I think I'll need to remake it, and convert to RGBA format, and consider all the different colors it may have (maybe 5 or 6).

Any progress with stages textures?

yes; first attempt of the congo jungle floor textures:

i'm also working on some improved zebes textures in 32bit png format; but there are some which thange their palette