What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
elitejavi said:
can't you simply put some textures on it?
How? :happy:
A hires texture is in fact a replacement texture, not a new one. If a surface or 3D model doesn't use a texture, I think there is no way to add a new one without hacking the emu, the video plugin and/or the ROM itself.

Last edited:

optimus$prime

32bit png for ci textures

nice feature :happy:

here my crate in the 32bit png version

delete the 2 original ci textures (they are bmp)
from our pack

save them in the super smash brothers folder

currently i'm working on some 32bit zebes textures, but not all because of palette

important:
if u want to create new 32bit png for ci textures, be shure that the original ci is not changing the palette during the game (example: switch between colors on characters in the menu; some level textures that are blinking... )

Last edited:

optimus$prime

ok now try the new 32bit lava texture for planet zebes:

i know that it doesn't look like the original, but it works very nice with the stage.

installation ->as above
yes you need all three; they are different ;)

comments please! :devil:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
optimus$prime said:
ok now try the new 32bit lava texture for planet zebes:

i know that it doesn't look like the original, but it works very nice with the stage.

installation ->as above
yes you need all three; they are different ;)

comments please! :devil:

Uhm, it could be Lava or Acid. It looked much like acid before the high texture updates, as Metroid 2 used acid to block you out of areas ahead of where you should be going.

Looks very nice though! Gonna have to try it later tonight.

optimus$prime

Vile324 said:
Uhm, it could be Lava or Acid. It looked much like acid before the high texture updates, as Metroid 2 used acid to block you out of areas ahead of where you should be going.

Looks very nice though! Gonna have to try it later tonight.

i can remember that there was lava in some levels in super metroid,zm....
but there was also some kind of acid on some areas

METROID RULES :happy:

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Well, nice to know that the ci textures can be replaced with RGBA versions! :)
I was playing with Hyrule Castle's textures and seem to work fine!
Optimus, the lava/acid/whatever it is looks very good. Anyways, try replacing the black areas with yellow, to make it look like the original.

I see if I can make major improvements to the Hyrule, Kirby and Bonus stages textures I've made before, to take advantage of this new feature (without ruining the game, lol). :happy:

Last edited:

bestbiz

My yoshi's version

With the original it is different in small quantity.
My English capability very is insufficient.
There is not a possibility of writing the writing long.
The lower part portion screen syas refer.

-It receives a Web-Translation help-

Last edited:

bigank

bestbiz: i like the yoshi background that you have but the fruits have to comic to blend in with the heart
keep up the great job :evil:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Well, looks like the simulated palette changes are working perfectly here. :bouncy: Take a look at Mario's life icon to figure what I'm talking about. Good job, Rice! :)

bestbiz: I like what you did, it looks very nice. The background is a bit out for me, but good work anyways. :happy:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
btw, when the next packet coming out? like the one on the front? thats supposed to all be one nice convienient package? its just kind of inconvenient digging through all the pages of the thread picking out random ones...

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
look at this with the yoshi level. the clouds dont work, neither does the new heart. which were ironically the two things i was most looking forward to in that pack. the new vanishing effect works though.

Last edited:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
also, i remember someone saying about wanting to update links shield. is it possible to upgrade it to the mirror shield? that would be awesome.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kerber2k said:
Ideas? When switched to direct3D I get these babbies in black.
wtf??? This is really strange. :bye3: Are you using the textures from the big pack or from the latest update? (previous page) Which version of Rice's Video are you using? Are there other areas and/or stages with the same bug? :huh:

Considering the major changes done in the latest Rices betas, I think the big pack is very outdated, so I'll see if I can upload a minor update soon with all the fixes and ci replacements. Also, I think I'll remove my old attachments to avoid confusion. Bestbiz, can I add your textures into the pack? It would be nice to have everything in a single file. :plain:

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
No offense, but what's up with the intense grain filter in your textures? I don't think it makes them look good at all.

ferbe

cooliscool said:
No offense, but what's up with the intense grain filter in your textures? I don't think it makes them look good at all.

What is the problem with that? Everyone make the textures the way they want, if you don't like them don't use them!! Or even better, make your own!! Why didn't you complain when he showed the textures for first time? Also, _pm_ said in the latest messages that he would make major improvements to the textures, so I don't think these are final.