What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I like it, allthough it's hard to make the characters look better because of these low quality meshes. :(

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Well, finally I decided to dump all the stages backgrounds as I did with Hyrule Castle some weeks ago.
For all those people interested in remaking them, the link below includes the textures I dumped for now.
Remember, this is a texture dump, not hires textures.

Download SSB backgrounds texture dump (1315kb)

Some quick notes about them:

1) A Background in SSB isn't a simple texture. It's made of vertically-tiled textures (37 for Training Mode, 44 for Characters Stages).
2) 4X textures won't work properly in DirectX due to a 1024 pixel width limitation in the plugin. So I recommend using either OpenGL or 2X/3X textures to test your backgrounds.
3) Some backgrounds (like Mushroom Kingdom) use the same texture several times, so trying to replace them with a totally different one is not a good idea.
4) The dumps include only the characters stages and training mode backgrounds (Bonuses, Metal Mario, etc. not included).
5) I've already made training mode backgrounds. They will be available in the next pack.
6) Training Mode Backgrounds are not the same size than Character Stages Backgrounds.
7) I added leading numbers to the textures filenames, so you don't need to worry about which texture goes where. But don't forget to remove them before testing your backgrounds.

Also, considering that the stages pictures at the stage selection screen are just resized versions of the backgrounds themselves, I remade them, and corrected the Hyrule thumbnail I did before to add the lines it was missing.
The attachment includes all of them. These are hires textures. Put them anywhere in the SSB hires texture folder.

micronux

I need some help with the Smash Bros textures I add them to the right folder and i got them to work but they only worked for 30 mins of game play and now im seeing this

This is in the fighting mode the heath is gone and this is also a timed game and as you see there is no countdown

stage select

I also see 1/4 of the fireflower and the shield is messed

And one last thing every time i go to play the Mario Bros stage ONLY IN MULTIPLAYER 1964 crashes

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
micronux said:
I need some help with the Smash Bros textures I add them to the right folder and i got them to work but they only worked for 30 mins of game play and now im seeing this

This is in the fighting mode the heath is gone and this is also a timed game and as you see there is no countdown
Well, it looks like for some reason the textures stop loading/showing, I'm not having that kind of problem here, so I cannot give much help. Try switching to OpenGL/DirectX renderer.

micronux said:
I also see 1/4 of the fireflower and the shield is messed
Are you using 6.1.1beta10?

micronux

DarthDazDC said:
have a try of project 64 1.6, there should be no problem with that shield.
I used PJ64 1.6 with Rice plugin, is there a way i can use the Hi Rez texttures with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6?

The only thing i got working was the Mario Bros stage i can now play it in multiplayer :w00t:

*jigggggllllyyyyduffffff* *Ding* "GAME SET"

_pm_ said:
Well, it looks like for some reason the textures stop loading/showing, I'm not having that kind of problem here, so I cannot give much help. Try switching to OpenGL/DirectX renderer.

Are you using 6.1.1beta10?
No I am using beta 8 does it that matter alot ? I been told that 8 is better :unsure: I also tryed OpenGL and it doesn't run my games well I know this cuz i used it with half life and it ran like crap

_pm_

Pathetic Member
micronux said:
No I am using beta 8 does it that matter alot ? I been told that 8 is better :unsure: I also tryed OpenGL and it doesn't run my games well I know this cuz i used it with half life and it ran like crap
Yes, beta10 is a requirement for SSB, although I don't remember if the beta10 changes affected textures like the Shield and Fire Flower. Anyways, some textures won't load in beta8, so you still need beta10.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Version 0.30 available :)
Go to the first page to grab it.
The screenshots below show some of the changes introduced in this new release, although they're not enough to show all the improvements done these days :)

optimus, note that you've broken the palette changes in the Zebes' map. I modified it a bit to overcome this.

GaryCXJk, I included your Mushroom Kingdom textures. The Yoshi's textures are very nice, but I decided not to include them it due to the major slowdowns in Yoshi Stage. I had to remove my Yoshi icons from the pack for the same reason. :(

GaryCXJk

_pm_ said:
GaryCXJk, I included your Mushroom Kingdom textures. The Yoshi's textures are very nice, but I decided not to include them it due to the major slowdowns in Yoshi Stage. I had to remove my Yoshi icons from the pack for the same reason. :(
Meh, don't matter, I already warned about the slowdown, so I didn't expect it to be added. Even better, I thought it was best not to include it at all. It would really ruin the gameplay with slowdowns.

Poobah

Would you be able to upload a secondary copy to your own webspace? Emutalk's server is extremely slow...

peoman69

These are some artwork from ssbm for GC.
I hope that you can update the player selection screen with some of those.
Link and Pikachu for example.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
peoman69 said:
These are some artwork from ssbm for GC.
I hope that you can update the player selection screen with some of those.
Link and Pikachu for example.
Interesting. I wonder what optimus thinks about it :plain:

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
Interesting. I wonder what optimus thinks about it :plain:

i like them very much; the problem is that jigglypuff is not included and i have to replace him/she/it??? with another picture. then all caracters would look like the same except puffy.

i'm sorry but i have so much work to do at the moment and i don't have have enough time for texturing. so things are very slow. i also don't get alpha channels to work with adobe photoshop correctly. :angry: this is so unbeliveable because i love working with photoshop and i don't want to change the programm.

here is my planet zebes 32bit progress (for installation delete the old zebes folder):
for next release i want to make a new lava and improve some other textures

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
i like them very much; the problem is that jigglypuff is not included and i have to replace him/she/it??? with another picture. then all caracters would look like the same except puffy.

i'm sorry but i have so much work to do at the moment and i don't have have enough time for texturing. so things are very slow. i also don't get alpha channels to work with adobe photoshop correctly. :angry: this is so unbeliveable because i love working with photoshop and i don't want to change the programm.

here is my planet zebes 32bit progress (for installation delete the old zebes folder):
for next release i want to make a new lava and improve some other textures
Great work, Optimus!
Too bad that some of your new textures are causing severe slowdowns here (first screenshot). :(
It looks like the conflicting textures are 445E0667 and 4BD50EC4. Removing them solves this problem.
The same happens with my Yoshi icons and with GaryCXJk's Yoshi textures (in Yoshi's Stage), in which the same texture is being applied on different places, with different palettes, at the same time.
If that's the case, I don't think there's anything you can do about it. And it doesn't matter if they are ci or ci_byrgba, they will be slow anyways. I wonder if somebody else has these slowdowns. :huh:

About the alpha channel, I don't think the problem is with Photoshop. It looks like the game automatically forces the alpha channel to 1-bit for those textures.
If that's right, the only thing you can do to avoid those odd borders is to make sure your resulting image will have 0% (transparent) and 100% (opaque) alpha only.

Well, continuing with the Stages textures, I was working on Peach's Castle these days.

The only missing texture in this stage is the bumper.

Last edited:

Kyo

Yeah..
I compliment both of you for the progress, and confirm the slowdowns. Although i already experienced them with version 0.3, so if those textures _pm_ specified weren't updated there, it might be something else.

peoman69

Did someone asked for jigglypuff?
Well i found it but it isn't really good.
I also found item pics and some closeup character pics.
Use them wisely.