What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
MikeEx said:
doesnt project64 come with a built in game geni? just use that, it already has the cheats
I think Mojo Man was talking about the characters in SSBM, not in SSB. Anyways, for both cases, he could cheat and get the secret characters without needing to spend time on trying to get them.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Exodia11 said:
wait u can;t unlock luigi and jigglypuff in melee?!?!?!?!?!? there like the easiest to get
Well, it's rather hard at like 2fps with no mempack support to play through a couple of single player games is one sitting just for some textures and the chances of it not hanging during that time are slim to none.

Exodia11

Forbidden one
Mojo Man!!! said:
Well, it's rather hard at like 2fps with no mempack support to play through a couple of single player games is one sitting just for some textures and the chances of it not hanging during that time are slim to none.
o the gamecube emu i though he was ripping them from the actual game(on console) lol

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
Has anybody tried to use .gif files for the character animations?It could give the characters more natural expressions.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
MP3 e o said:
Has anybody tried to use .gif files for the character animations?It could give the characters more natural expressions.

Rice's plugin only reads .png and .bmp

Trust me, I've tried :plain:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
peoman69 said:
Can anyone fix these?
Wow, I didn't know about those missing letters. Thx for the report! I'll try to fix it soon :)
I'll see if I can make the missing "Bonus" and "Final" texts too. :)

Amon_Knives said:
Rice's plugin only reads .png and .bmp
Yes, GIFs are not supported by the plugin. Btw, it also reads .jpg for "non-ci" textures.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
The missing 'G' and 'V' from the "GAME OVER" text are done now :)
Btw, I updated the 'M' and 'R' too.
EDIT: They're available in 0.31 and later.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
peoman69 (Message #346) said:
I found some bugs and i fixed them
peoman69 said:
Another bug found and fixed
Those aren't texture bugs. It looks like you have "Fine texture mapping" enabled.
Texture aligning is not perfect for tiled images, for example, you may (or may not) notice a "missing" line in the "Go!" text.
Enabling fine texture mapping helps sometimes, but it causes alignment bugs in other areas, and it also adds a strange effect to scrolling backgrounds (when scrolling).
I highly recommend you disable it.

Kolano

Do you mean "Accurate Texture Mapping" _PM_? I have that enabled too, as I figured I'd go with acuracy.

I found this expaination in Rice's 5.0.0 release readme...

" A new option - Fine texture mapping - to give better texture mapping coordinates"

"- Texture mapping coordinates computation. Texture mapping is more accurate,
block thin lines are almost gone, and text fonts are cleaner for most games"

I'm not sure if Rice patrols these threads, but could he or someone in the know provide an explaination of that option?

DeathFox007

Has anyone actually made the characters yet or are they too busy rushing to make the little details in the environments w/c are barely noticable. I mean, where the cel-shaed link, or a new Samus w/ the shiny armor. Hasnt anyone have plans on the characters

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kolano said:
Do you mean "Accurate Texture Mapping" _PM_? I have that enabled too, as I figured I'd go with acuracy.

I found this expaination in Rice's 5.0.0 release readme...

" A new option - Fine texture mapping - to give better texture mapping coordinates"

"- Texture mapping coordinates computation. Texture mapping is more accurate,
block thin lines are almost gone, and text fonts are cleaner for most games"

I'm not sure if Rice patrols these threads, but could he or someone in the know provide an explaination of that option?
Yes, I think it goes for accuracy, but for some reason when you enable "Fine texture mapping", some textures are not aligned properly in SSB.
For example, take a look at the pics below. The first has "Fine texture mapping" enabled, and the second doesn't. I disabled hi-res textures for convenience.
I left "Accurate texture mapping" enabled (btw, which is the relation between them?)

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
No, I'm very busy, and I think optimus$prime is busy too. :(
Sorry for the delay. I'll try to make another update asap :)

Kyo

Yeah..
Don't worry, i wasn't trying to be pushy or anything, i just wanted to know. Obviously, take all the time you need. :)

96SL2er

Is there just a SINGLE file to download that has all the updated textures currently in this entire thread?!? I think it would be very helpful instead of scrolling through each page....

Thanks,
-Chad