What's new

game-compatibility testing

5t4663r

I didn't see it in this thread, so if it matters I'll say too that Animal Forest (Dobutsu No Mori) is not (properly) playable in PJ64. I saw someone else post the same error, I forget who; after completing the initial tasks for Tom Nook you can't re-enter your house without the emu crashing (black screen, frame rate up to about 4 or 500). You can save (since this doesn't require you enter the house) but it's not much fun not being able to see whatever you've found/bought/received.

Oh, and I do now have a Cube and AC. :) 1964 doesn't work with it either (at least for me; you can't save with anything but savestates, so that sort of ruined it too). However, Apollo did; only it kept crashing every 20 seconds or so. 1 hand on the pad, one on F5... :)

After about a week of that I thought "hell with this" and went out and bought a Cube with all the trimmings. Highly recommended. Shame it doesn't work properly, though; AF is a nice way to see what the game's actually like...

Edit: Again, if it matters:
Athlon 1200
390MB RAM
GeForce 4 (the lowest model, but not one of the baby ones. I forget the number)
Windows ME (wish I had a new OS...)

Last edited:

Chip2279

Hi,

Blast Corps also doesn't work
Autodetect error:

Microcode ID: $426EA66D
Rom Name: Blast Corps

If u could fix it it would be great, since I love that game!
Thx..

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i've got something that might interest a lot of people - Tooie just gave me a code that appears to get rid of the ZeldaOoT subscreen delay. I tested it on v1.0 and it seemed to work. The code, which you can add yourself for now (either paste into CHT file in the Zelda U 1.0 section or enter via cheat window), Cheat55="Subscreen delay fix",801DA5CB 0002. Warning - there may be unwanted side effects from this, it hasn't been tested yet. Tooie just gave it to me, i have no idea how he got it, probably some clever digging about in the compiler :)

EDIT: full list of codes and details moved to this thread http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13878. thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I've deleted OT replies - no offense if yours are amoung them. When i release a new file, if you update you will of course lose any changes you made (unless you painstakingly work through the change log), so it's in every user's best interest to let me know about your changes, and get them into the release for everyone else!

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i have the following list of points remaining and would apprecite any help checking them:

Animal Forest (Dobutsu No Mori) emu crashes when re-entering house?
Goemons Great Adventure graphics problems in water level and cave areas?
Iggy's Reckin' Balls (game?emu?) freezes @ easy street tower 4
Ogre Battle 64 black backgrounds in battle scenes?
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2 freezes after a fight & @ game over screen?
Resident Evil 2 graphics flicker problem? needs unofficial RSP?
Super Smash Bros. graphics minor errors: grey stuff?
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1,2,3 graphics missing letter 'E's?
Wipeout 64 freezes @ challenge selection screen & @ end of last challenge, then can't save the game,so can't finish game?

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Orge Battle confirmed i think... I don't remeber there being any happy people about that. But Tony Hawk's, I have 'E's, here:
(I had to truncate it to make it small enough)

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Smiff said:
i've got something that might interest a lot of people - Tooie just gave me a code that appears to get rid of the ZeldaOoT subscreen delay. I tested it on v1.0 and it seemed to work.

It doesn't work (for me at least) in Master Quest.

Smiff said:
The code, which you can add yourself for now (either paste into RDB in the Zelda U 1.0 section or type in cheat window)

I think its the CHT file, not the RDB

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah typo sorry of course its the cheat file. gent is working on the other ROMs. Its hopefully just a matter of time (like hours) before we have them all listed.

conkerman

conkerman
with the e's in tony hawk, i find that sometimes switching between fullscreen and windowed mode a few times sometimes changes things
conkerman

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hmm ok thanks, how about we move onto more important things than missing letter 'E's :p

Smiff said:
i have the following list of points remaining and would apprecite any help checking them:

1)Animal Forest (Dobutsu No Mori) emu crashes when re-entering house?
2)Goemons Great Adventure graphics problems in water level and cave areas?
3)Iggy's Reckin' Balls (game?emu?) freezes @ easy street tower 4
4)Ogre Battle 64 black backgrounds in battle scenes?
5)Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2 freezes after a fight & @ game over screen?
6)Resident Evil 2 graphics flicker problem? needs unofficial RSP?
7)Super Smash Bros. graphics minor errors: grey stuff?
8)Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1,2,3 graphics missing letter 'E's?
9)Wipeout 64 freezes @ challenge selection screen (after a load) & @ end of last challenge, then can't save the game,so can't finish game?
1)which house? a specific one? i re-entering houses 1000 times with no prob.
2)a save would be nice for a poor guy like me in order to check it.
3)yes
4)yes
5)yes
6)yes
7)yes
8)yes
9)yes
only th s ? gimm som mor .

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
64ultramaniac, hi (you were always on my fav testy people eheh. nice to still have you around)

Does this mean you've just tried all those points once, or have you tried fiddling with core settings to fix the problem? please let me know. Also some idea of hour serious you think each problem is would be most helpfull. I will try some of those but it's dificult in e.g. Wipeout

Ready 2 Rumble2 - no wonder, i had it on Cache.. try Protect Memory.
Iggy's Reckin Balls - ditto, i would guess

Last edited:
hi Smiff
for wipeout64 here is a save for you to try it,load it in options and go to challenge or time trial,it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hmmm yea same for N-Rages_DI8_V2_1.80a :plain:

Dont matter if it is one Challenge race or all compleated

On save and reload its freezes.

That also applies to pj saves .....

but if you save when you are about to do the next challenge you can F7 (Quick Load) and press A and go & race on that yellow highlighted next race.
but if you try to go up to a previous race it will freeze.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Thanks guys. seems to be timing sensitive :/. Try CF1.

slight problem though. Wipeout (E) doesn't seem to want to load that mempak. Can someone try (E)? somehow.

edit#2: why am i getting an AV in the gfx plugin now.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Yea smiff i got the Av also in Time trial.

& lol you are gonna love this solve to the freeze prob :happy:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah gent i already noticed the CF thing, its a shag. Could you guys try running with CF1, SP Hack on and TLB off, see how that goes?

edit (again!) gent why the 8MB?