What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
MP3 e o said:
Ok... lets see...I'd really really appreciate it if you stoped using .rar files,I'd say only about 1/4 the people that own computers with an n64 emulator actually have a program that will let them archive .rar files, so please everybody,if your going to put any files on the forum please make them zips. :plain: thanx
Sorry, but that won't happen :plain:

No offense, but I think your discussion is really out of place here. If you're using texture packs is because you're using Rice's plugin, and guess what... Rice uploads his plugins in RAR format!! So, following your "theory", only 1/4 people that owns computers with a n64 emu are using Rice's plugin. So why don't you convince him to upload zips instead of rars before complaining here? :)

Also, I think that the file format preference should be discussed in another thread, it's off-topic in this thread, so my discussion ends here.

Trotterwatch said:
Great work _PM_ you're doing a great job, can't wait for the next .rar of your work :)
Thx for your comments Trotterwatch, the next RAR will come soon :)

Clements

dragon_rider said:
Getting back to .7z format, is it feasible to compress files that I have using Winzip/Winrar (into .7z)? I like this type of compression, mostly because how it can make an insanely huge file into less than 1/10th of its original size. Any feedback is appreciated. As I said before, how can I do this w/Winzip?

To compress with 7zip you need the 7zip application:

http://www.7-zip.org/

BTW: Newer versions of WinRAR support decompression of 7zip.

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
Rar, zip .7z and all others

This is my last off topic reply. But this program will let you use almost every kind of compression files for free including .rar, have fun you little girls :happy:

bigank

this is kind of pointless argument... anyways i use .rar

_PM_ nice job with the text. i like it alot

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Nin_10_Dough said:
Nice work _pm_ , but you forgot about the double outline ( you got one of them , but forgot the white ).
I didn't forget, I just ignored both outlines and replaced them with a bevel effect to make it look more "3d".

bigank said:
_PM_ nice job with the text. i like it alot
Thanks! :happy:

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
TheKirby said:
what else could i do?

You need to go to your plugin folder, right click and create a folder named hires_texture, then go into that folder and create another folder called SMASH BROTHERS and then put the files into the folder(if it doesnt work you might want to change the hires_texture folder name to hires texture, but im not sure and im to lazy to look, but try hires_texture first)
i hope this helps :sleeping: :sombrero:

ps: dont forget to turn on search for hires textures

_pm_

Pathetic Member
C0bra said:
can u update the press start text and the ready to fight thing?
The 'Press Start' is updated since v0.02.
I had problems with the Ready to fight (Ignored texture) some weeks ago. I'll check if the same happens with the new betas.

Last edited:

MP3 e o

Turn Head & Cough Member
TheKirby said:
how do you turn on the load hi res???

You have to have rices plugin 6.1.1 (perferably Beta 8) as your main plugin. go to video settings, and i think the tab is called textures(you might have to look) look for the "load hi res textures" and check the box. Oh and the textures won't work if you didn't archive the .rar files and get all of the textures and put them into Smash Brothers and it'll all work out. :D