What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
SaGe said:
lol, found an annoying glitch in lord jabu's jabu's belly, theres 1 room at back with skulltulia, but u ant get it, and there r also to bats at back with it, but i cant c the bats, there invisable , not sure if its a glitch or just a new monster.. i could target it up close, thats how i know its there.:getlost:

These are not glitches, it's part of the game. Especially at the higher levels. You should be able to Z target the bats. The Skulls are sometimes hidden or behind walls.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
SaGe said:
no , coz the bats attack me but i cant c them, and i can z target them

I think were missing a line of communication here. The bats are supposed to be invisible in certain parts of Master Quest. Check out gamefaqs.com and look in the Gamecube FAQ's section for the game. In the walkthrough I was using (oh sue me), it explains that a few enemies will be invisible. The key for me was to eliminate the visible enemies and then go to a doorway and wait for the bat to come to me so that Navi could tell me about it. Certain Skulls were hidden behind (or inside, if you will) the walls, so you had to creep up to it to get Navi to target it.

In the final level I had to get kinda close to it (it was perched on a rock) and Navi targeted it for me - WHAM! Bat go bye bye.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Smiff said:
sneaky.. unless the person writing the FAQ was also using PJ64 and had the same "bug" ;)

No, it said pretty clearly it was the Gamecube version. I'll try to dig up a link later.

Sneaky, for sure. The game is hella more challenging now...

Dig up a Link. HA! :)

jjarmis

Another problem with URA Zelda....

Ok, I was playing through the game and got up to the part where u pull the master sword out for the first time. right after I pull it out the game starts acting wierd... I can still see all text and everything that is supposed to be in the foreground, but all the background stuff, including link are just black. The game ran fine up until this point.... so I think I have a bad rom. the rom I have shows up with this CRC [1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45] in the project64.rdb file. If anyone knows the CRC for the good dump of this rom please tell me if this is the right one or not. In the meantime I'm going to play through Zelda:OOT (1.2) and see if the same thing happens. :emutalk:

ShadowFX

Guardian
Damn message!

I recently saved inside the fishing pond in Master Quest. But each time I want to enter the pond I'm getting the following error message which really sux because so far this game has been running perfectly.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Cheats from Project64 Cheats Board.

I don't know about any specific MQ problems but those dungeon "problems" you listed aren't problems at all.

I think the settings will need a bit of tweaking to run this one 100% properly. Certain speed-hacks might need to be disabled...

As for the GFX, they should work exactly the same as the OoT GFX. There is no difference in this regard. It's still an N64 ROM - any porting issues have not yet arisen and it should still be the standard OoT GFX engine (and I don't believe there are any new GFX for MQ)

Legend of Zelda: OoT Master Quest

Also, here's the one of the original RDB entries for experienced users to take a look at:

[1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45]
Good Name=Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (U)
Internal Name=ZELDA MASTER QUEST
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=1
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory Advance
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global
Status=Playable!
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=1
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Guardian
I've beaten the game, but...

Just a few minutes ago I finished this great game. Unfortunately, the game hanged (screen went black) when Zelda was going to sent Link back to his own time (with her Ocarina).

Lucky for me, PJ64 created an error-log just before it happened and this was written inside the DirectDraw6 Error.log:

[10:58:55 PM 21/5/2003] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment

Bah, now I couldn't see the ending! :cry:

ShadowFX

Guardian
Today I tried to beat the game in Windowed mode, but this time I go another error message.

BTW, this will be my last try finishing this game. If anyone know what's going on you can reply. And, this error message kinda looks like the previous one I had.