What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

Clements

The GC does not have an emulator yet, and is probably the hardest to emulate of the three next gen consoles, but give it time, it will happen at one point.

OP
M

My95ZR2

SaGe said:
is there a Gamcube emulater so i can play it?

Yes, there actually is, but right now you have to pay for it. It can be found at most electronics stores, and cost somewhere around $200--IT'S CALLED A GAMECUBE! :doh:

Seriously, though. Yeah, I'll admit, I love to play N64 on the computer, and yes its illegal and all that, but I don't do it cause I'm so cheap I won't buy a N64.

The guys who write these emulators do it FOR FREE! There is no money involved (unless you donate to them). If you look at N64 emulation, its taken 8 years, and we still don't have to PC power or the code to LLE N64 games. I say it'll be 15 years before we even will see games that are 1/2 way playable. That doesn't even bring in to the picture that the games are on miniDVDs that no one has ripped yet. Even when they get ripped, unless you have Cable, DSL, or T1, you're going to have a fun time downloading them.

Adam
(yeah, this was a ranting post, but just remember, you can't fired volunteers...)

SaGe

well i hav a GC and N64 but i'm letting my mate borrow my Gamcube, and also he said i could borrow wind waker wen he's finnished, but i wanna play it now, and i prefer to play it on pc, i aslo got OOT on n64

Last edited:

SaGe

no, it was bmp:D
made it jpd now and it does get a lot worse than this, normally its all that creamy colour

Clements

Are you using the RDB I posted? (Second post in this thread, just copy it to your PJ64 directory if you're not) Your graphics card should be advanced enough to show that, it must be something to do with the settings.

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
Ahn, just a quick question:

Since the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest Gamecube disc was freely distributed, is it illegal to have a rom from a free disc?

I guess it is teorically legal...

But...

Clements

No it isn't legal as the rom image is not a back-up of a GC disk you own. But I can't see you being arrested for it...

viewaskew2k3

Hey, ura zelda runs OK, but i n otice some little glitches, especially with the sound, its like its all cutu p, and 'clicky' has this happend to anyone else?? or am i usin g a bad rom, cause ever so und plugin i use, sounds the same

Ganonboy

URA Zelda (Master quest)... Beta quest code

It must be present, since the original Ocarina had one when it was released on the N64... But I'm thinking that URA Zelda (Master quest) will have much more to offer from its Beta parts...
Has anyone managed to "port" the code from the Ocarina of Time beta quest code? :saint:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hmm I wonder if the sound problems are because the release group hacked the rom to make PJ run it at 60 when it should be 50? i don't know yet.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:
hmm I wonder if the sound problems are because the release group hacked the rom to make PJ run it at 60 when it should be 50? i don't know yet.

In the normal zelda there is a nintendo64 logo turning over after the console has boot. When you run this version in pj64, there isn't any logo at the beginning, but when i have run it on mupen64 using tr64 plugin, i can see the last frame of the logo part during a very brief instant and then the game start. In the normal zelda the sound frequency is initialized to 32000 while in this version it seems to not be initialized at all.. (it totally messed up my sound plugin). I guess the n64 logo has been cut manually by hacking the rom or something similar and now it skips the initialization part.. Well it's a guess like another.

I don't know how the cheats in pj64 are working, maybe you're able to use them to set the frequency ?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Hacktarux said:
In the normal zelda there is a nintendo64 logo turning over after the console has boot. When you run this version in pj64, there isn't any logo at the beginning, but when i have run it on mupen64 using tr64 plugin, i can see the last frame of the logo part during a very brief instant and then the game start. In the normal zelda the sound frequency is initialized to 32000 while in this version it seems to not be initialized at all.. (it totally messed up my sound plugin). I guess the n64 logo has been cut manually by hacking the rom or something similar and now it skips the initialization part.. Well it's a guess like another.

I don't know how the cheats in pj64 are working, maybe you're able to use them to set the frequency ?

Would that may be the cause of other sound problems in the game? For example, at the beggining the sound of link steps when he walks it's incorrect.

Is it possible to know what frequency the sound has? Just to know...

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
My95ZR2 said:
I think I found another mistake... I was running 2 PJ64s side by side, almost in sync, and I noticed this:

(Left: Master Quest has no lens glare Right: OoT has a lens glare)

I know the GC can handle this, so why was it left out??? Probably some programmer was up ~72 hours and figured no one would miss it. :baaa:

Adam

Hummm

What about this? :)

zelda2.jpg

Last edited: