What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

Iconoclast

Yep, I confirmed the sound issue. Indeed, those graphics errors should be noted as they are fairly noticable and that they are real issues pertaining to the video plugin.
No! Just use Glide64; it supports Depth Buffer Render and all that. As stated in BigHead"s configuration list:
Recommended Emulators: Project64 and 1964
Recommended Graphics Plugins: Jabo"s Direct3D 8 1.6, Rice"s Video 6.1.1, Glide64 WonderPlus, and Direct64 v0.5.03.25
Recommended Sound Plugins: Jabo"s DirectSound 1.6, Azimer"s HLE v0.56 WIP 2, and schibo"s Audio Plugin 1.2
Recommended RSP Plugin: RSP Emulation Plugin by Jabo and zilmar

Issue Information:

- (Minor) Slowdown may occur using Glide64. Check “Hardware frame buffer emulation” to prevent drop in emulation speed.

- (Minor) Subscreen delay in 1964. Use a cheat code below depending on your ROM version:

Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)
801DA5CB 0002

Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
801DA78B 0002

Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
801DAE8B 0002

Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)
801D860B 0002

Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1)
801D864B 0002

Note: Some ingame effects can only be viewed with Glide64. Use Glide64 and check “Depth buffer render” to see flame coronas. “Hardware frame buffer emulation” is reccommended by author.
So, use Glide64, follow the above instructions, and the issues should be all fixed except for that sound issue. That might be the emulator, IMO. Could be the Counter Factor setting or you need to use a different emulator to fix the issue. The only other working emulator is 1964, which crashes any given game on my PC. Could somebody upload a save state with the sound issue you're talking about so I can screw around with the RDB (you never know what'll happen) and see if I can fix it?

X-Fi6

Glide64 has always been my favorite graphics plugin. Be aware that the configuration list is slightly wrong.

Recommended Graphics Plugins: Glide64 WonderPlus, Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.6, Rice's Video 6.1.1, and Direct64 v0.5.03.25
Recommended Sound Plugins: Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, and schibo"s Audio Plugin 1.2
Recommended RSP Plugin: RSP Emulation Plugin by Hacktarux, Jabo and zilmar

Also, the Hardware Frame Buffer emulation is only recommended on when (a) you have a voodoo card or (b) you use Hacktarux's updated glide wrapper. And disabling hardware frame buffer emulation does NOT slow down the game much (what, like 1 FPS less?). The only thing it does is make the frames a little fuzzy and a little corrupt.

Iconoclast

Glide64 has always been my favorite graphics plugin. Be aware that the configuration list is slightly wrong.

Recommended Graphics Plugins: Glide64 WonderPlus, Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.6, Rice's Video 6.1.1, and Direct64 v0.5.03.25
Recommended Sound Plugins: Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, and schibo"s Audio Plugin 1.2
Recommended RSP Plugin: RSP Emulation Plugin by Hacktarux, Jabo and zilmar

Also, the Hardware Frame Buffer emulation is only recommended on when (a) you have a voodoo card or (b) you use Hacktarux's updated glide wrapper. And disabling hardware frame buffer emulation does NOT slow down the game much (what, like 1 FPS less?). The only thing it does is make the frames a little fuzzy and a little corrupt.
But if you have hardware framebuffer emulation enabled, the framebuffer emulation used when you press Start to bring up the subscreen improves. 1 FPS makes a rough difference, anyway, so I just leave it on, especially since it was recommended by the author, though we never know if the author may have been on crack.

As for the RSP plugin, bah, hardly any difference if any at all. The RSP plugin made by Jabo and zilmar is said to have an edge in sound quality over Hacktarux"s, but this is only what I've read.

But you're right: BigHead"s list does have some false data. For example, the recommended graphics plugin for Gauntlet Legends should be Rice"s Video Plugin, not Glide64. Glide64 does good, but with the proper configuration in Rice"s INI configuration file, Rice"s Video Plugin becomes the only graphics plugin to make the HUD health bar show up at the bottom of the screen.

{325e9b7280d928b7-45}
Name=GAUNTLET LEGENDS
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=1
RenderToTexture=5

mudlord

Banned
No! Just use Glide64; it supports Depth Buffer Render and all that.
I know it does! Sheesh..That above comment I made was for Jabo's D3d8 plugin....I know perfectly well what Glide64 can and can't do..I'm not stupid.

Also, you forgot to add that HWFBE in the wrapper ONLY works on video cards that support GL_EXT_framebuffer_object and GLSL (shaders). But then again, try explaining that to people who are normal users.

1 FPS makes a rough difference, anyway, so I just leave it on, especially since it was recommended by the author, though we never know if the author may have been on crack.

Havent you's people considered that HWFBE works well and makes a MUCH bigger difference IF your video card and other related hardware is up to scratch? As for the drug comment, well I'm sure we don't appreciate that sort of tone. Oh well, at least now I see there is zero point in me adding custom shader support to the wrapper,to support cel shading, to service the impatient as they wait for the next build of Direct64.

Iconoclast

But why would you want to suggest optimal configuration on Jabo"s Direct3D 8 when, clearly, Glide64 does a better job of emulating Ocarina of Time? I mean, excuse me for assuming that the plugin you were trying to tell him how to configure to work optimally in emulating the game, Jabo"s Direct3D 8 in this case, was the same plugin you thought was the best choice for emulating the game.

Your lack of drug humor doesn't indicate that everyone else was offended by it.

mudlord

Banned
Well, because its a plugin that doesnt require much fiddling around for it to work. You just select the plugin and go. While with Glide64, you need to select "depth buffer clear" and "depth buffer render". Thats why, and I apologise for not been clear and explicit in what I meant. However, I do admit that Glide64 is much more accurate with LoZ - OoT than Jabo's DirectX-based plugins. And, I was just suggesting that the issues be noted in the GameFAQ for Jabo's plugin, thats all.

And for the comment, yeah, I was pretty offended, but I'm sure the other devs have a good sense of humour. I'm probably going to still add the custom shader code, as I already wrote it. The only thing to do now is to add the relevant code to load the *. frag/*.vert shader files.

X-Fi6

OK, just to settle everything, hardware frame buffer emulation will only work with a voodoo card or with Hacktarux's updated glide wrapper. And hardware frame buffer emulation fixes a lot more things than just the subscreens. ;)

Glide64 WonderPlus is my favorite plugin because it's the most-compatible plugin, and is also the fastest plugin on my computer. I don't care about yours and about arguing, so what's the point of doing it?

*lets out deep breath*

Great! Now that that's settled, let's get back on topic.

Clay Fighter 64 won't seem to work at all even though it says compatible, i can't even get the title screen to come onscreen.

Either you guys didn't notice or it's just a problem i have. Just testing and thought you might want to know.

He said he has had no problems with the plugin, i can't play gauntlet or rogue squadron and you cannot either, if he had tried these games he could not have said he had no problem with the plugin.

I know you like to post and think you're a senior 1,000 big wanna-be mod but don't make a fool of yourself here please.

If my direct and sometimes nasty seeming comments come across as offensive it's not ment to, i just don't hold back feelings.

Borisz

Thats impossible. Many games have many problems that are not due to user error but games not emulated well yet. Either you just happend to play good roms or you don't know a whole lot yet.

Actually it's true. I played Conker in 2003 or so with default settings, and didnt have problems ever since - because I didnt use PJ64.

The one time I actually messed with the plugins I noticed that every game has a different effect missing in it for every different plugin.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
He said he has had no problems with the plugin, i can't play gauntlet or rogue squadron and you cannot either, if he had tried these games he could not have said he had no problem with the plugin.

I know you like to post and think you're a senior 1,000 big wanna-be mod but don't make a fool of yourself here please.

If my direct and sometimes nasty seeming comments come across as offensive it's not ment to, i just don't hold back feelings.

if you wish to be correct, there are no plugins which can properly play gaunlet legends as the game suffers from the core not working right with it,.. turning off Audio and the recompiler type to none, allows for full speed, but this prevents the game starting properly, so you have to load it from a save state.

as i said, i can run ALL the games i have, excluding the couple of games WHICH HAVE KNOWN ISSUES.

SS Starscream. go jump. the moment you got here you started picking fights in threads. it is my right as a member here, so say that the built in plugins work fine, for everything i use.... simply BECAUSE THEY DO.

Iconoclast

if you wish to be correct, there are no plugins which can properly play gaunlet legends as the game suffers from the core not working right with it,.. turning off Audio and the recompiler type to none, allows for full speed, but this prevents the game starting properly, so you have to load it from a save state.

as i said, i can run ALL the games i have, excluding the couple of games WHICH HAVE KNOWN ISSUES.

SS Starscream. go jump. the moment you got here you started picking fights in threads. it is my right as a member here, so say that the built in plugins work fine, for everything i use.... simply BECAUSE THEY DO.
That ain't true. Gauntlet Legends works pretty good on the Project64 AudioFix Edition with Rice"s Video Plugin. Normally, Glide64 emulates the game better than Rice"s Video Plugin, but that"s only before you use the below configuration for Rice"s:

{325e9b7280d928b7-45}
Name=GAUNTLET LEGENDS
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=1
RenderToTexture=5

This even makes the missing HUD and health bar show up unlike all other plugins.

Iconoclast

Hey, I just wanted to add a little something to the RDB. It's nothing special at all, but it's an information correction. While testing one of the said-to-be unplayable Nintendo 64 ROMs, Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Juku, I saw that Project64's core indentified its status as "Needs video plugin." This is incorrect. I fucked around with 1964's INI configuration, and found that, by enabling the DMA In Segments core option, the game's graphics would load on ANY video plugin. So, instead, I would say this ROM's graphics just can't be displayed by Project64's core, until Project64 has a similar implementation.

So, I would change it to either "Unsupported" or "Issues (core)."

Firewave

I tried "Virtual Pro Wrestling (J)" (which should actually be named "Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (J)") and it has the note "issues (core)". I see no core problems at all. With Glide64 it shows no flicker at all and only has a thin line of garbage on the right side of the screen during the intro.

Iconoclast

Found another RDB technical 'fix'. It fixes emulation of wireframe rasterization for Super Mario 64. Screen update should be set to Only per frame instead of Always. This will fix the glitchy after images of Super Mario 64 when you have Wireframe Rasterizatino option checked in plugin configuration. Minor, but worth it to the experiementalists.

While I'm at it: Wow, you guys are amazing. You ever read this thing called the first post of a thread, before? I wonder if it tells you anything about what to post...trolls.