What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

Sparx

Thanks for the textures, gitech :) They look great

Unfortunately, nothing has changed, and I still can't get the high res textures to work properly without crashing. I've tried everything you guys have said, and my settings are identical. The only conclusion I can come to is that it has something to do with Vista.

Here's a funny screenshot I took at "GAME SET!"

Last edited:

_yo_wasup_

It seems your PC is "special". ;)

Damn straight!

10.jpg

1.jpg

updating my nvidia graphics drivers now, i'll see what that does.

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks for the textures, gitech :) They look great

Unfortunately, nothing has changed, and I still can't get the high res textures to work properly without crashing. I've tried everything you guys have said, and my settings are identical. The only conclusion I can come to is that it has something to do with Vista.

Here's a funny screenshot I took at "GAME SET!"

Your best option is to use Rice when we have a texture caching option. I have attracted some real interest that I cannot mention here... but, still, cast your vote...we need a fix for the bug in rice video AND (most importantly:) we need a texture caching option in RV.

Nuf said, right friends, :)

Jay

cerebus5

Gitech I can't agree enough. I am very sad that Rice has been cancelled. IMO Glide is still quite inferior. Rice 1.6.4 gives me perfect graphics for this game but the slowdown in some of the levels makes it unplayable. Napalm 1.1 works well but it crashes periodically, plus I get annoyed at how it forces the screen to expand no matter what the resolution.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
We need somebody to make a flawless Plugin for hires because the slowdowns and misplaced graphics are just plain embarassing!

krayziebone99

ive tried multiple plugins they all work different but im still not getting all textures loaded...mostly the characters title screen and backgrounds are the ones that arent loading idono bout the rest...text seems like it is tho...i like the screenshots tho hopefully i get this working

kewell_fever

it doesn't seem to work properly. Sometimes it crashes at start screen and when i manage to choose my characters, it kinda bugs up and nothing loads. :S

_yo_wasup_

I wish we could get more people to post their settings if they have this figured out. if you do, please include the exact version of the video plugin you're using.

joesbadday

it barely looks any different. seems like a whole load of work for very little payoff.

plus, people love this game b/c of amazing gameplay. not the graphics.

it barely looks any different. seems like a whole load of work for very little payoff.

So better graphics/textures make the game worse?!
Anyway in which resolution have you tried the textures? Most of the textures are four times as big as the original ones - some are even bigger - so I think you really can't tell me you wouldn't see a difference.
But if you prefer playing without the textures it's okay for us. We don't force you to use them.

_yo_wasup_

I wish we could get more people to post their settings if they have this figured out. if you do, please include the exact version of the video plugin you're using.

I'm just bumping my post in hopes that there are some people who can post their settings if they have this figured out.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic

Excuse my language: Are you fucking shitting me? Did you even try it? Does it work right? Doest thou computah sucketh?\:D/