What's new

Maxtrix Revolutions: For us that have seen it ;-)

Macca

well they all chose the other door and the system restarted, not much of a movie in that :p

OP
Remote

Remote

The second choice isn't that good either.. :p The 1st movie had a kick ass lobby scene the 2nd a kick ass car & motorcycle scene and the 3rd a kick ass fight in the rain...

Is it just me or was the CG a little bit to much, the "face" was cool but the setinels could have been done much more realistic... Or less futuristic...

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Actually they made a mistake in the last scene, the raindrops were shown as being large streaks when Neo achieved 'light-speed movement' - this is incorrect, raindrops are perfect spheres while falling. They look like streaks to humans because of motion blur.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the entire trilogy. :flowers:

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
I just came back from Revolutions. It wasn't terrible, but it had big shoes to fill and no matter how much CGI they laid on, it wasn't going to ever come close with a script like it had. The entire theater was snickering at one time or another. At the death of ______ there were random curses (aww, crap) from most guys, then a small chorus of laughter when everyone figured out no one cared.
I'm somewhat disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was worth the 5 bucks just to see the battles :robot: in theaters, but I guess I expected more. T3 was the better third movie IMO.

2fast4u

well i saw it yesterday nite. i didnt think they could lower the "plot" content down any more after reloaded but, fuck they did :p its entertaining, no more no less. that was about what i expected of it :)

actually more disturbing than the movie was the flock of 15 year olds in front of me who couldnt keep their head still and/or shut the hell up during the movie.

i think theres so much most people miss in this movie.. theres a lot mroe depth than many will see, which is unfortunate

Allnatural

2fast4u said:
actually more disturbing than the movie was the flock of 15 year olds in front of me who couldnt keep their head still and/or shut the hell up during the movie.
That's why I only go to the afternoon matinée; usually a week after a film's release. Any more than a handful of people in the theater is too crowded for me. :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
sytaylor said:
i think theres so much most people miss in this movie.. theres a lot mroe depth than many will see, which is unfortunate

Aye.

At Beyond3D, all of the people who said it sucked (or that Reloaded sucked) made lots of flaws in their reasoning, all of which could be explained through some chunk of dialogue or extrapolated with ease from some scene in one of the movies.

Gigahurtz

Feel the speed
IMO, I thought the movie was very good, expecially during the "war time". The movie kept me anticiapted for how the humans could win the war and there were some other small surprises in the movie that I wouldn't have predicted as well (like the death of _____). Yeah, it got slow in the beginning but the futuristic human-controlled goliath machines were pretty cool, then Neo vs. Agent Smith with the "Dragon Ball Z" style fighting was I thought pretty cool too. Some scenes I would skip through but some scenes I'd like to watch again.

aprentice

2fast4u said:

Thats why you go late night, DUH :p
I went at 8:30 and the movie finished around ~10:30.
When i went to see reloaded, i went at 10
and the movie finished after 12. No kids
at these times, just us adults :)
Was worth the $9 i paid (costs more at night)

And to the people who complained about this thread
being a spoiler, you deserve it for being so dumb :p
I havent even opened this thread all week until now,
after i've seen the movie. Noone has spoiled it for me,
I enjoyed the movie, and its all good :p

I think the movie was rather good, and the action
scenes keep getting more intense with every sequel.

If you haven't seen it, you should still go, even
if its just for the action scenes or to say you've
seen it :p

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
just watched the movie, I thought it was great.

Macca said:
Alright here's a big one... you have to think in terms of computers and programming for this one (and for lots of this movie that involves the machines especially). Programs don't die, number one. Everytime smith copied himself he simply inserted his code into another program and controlled that program.... but the ORIGIONAL still exists. This is why the oracle came back.. she wasn't dead or destroyed, just her code was buried in that of Smiths. SOOOO neo let his program (the program of the one remember from Matrix reloaded) be taken over by Smith... then he, the deux ex Machina (the talking machine dude who represents the voice of the machines - which is the architect talking, did anyone notice?? ) and the oracle all combined their energy to destroy Smith from the inside out .. just like in Matrix orig. Is neo dead? Well personally I think he was sacraficed as a savior -- very Christlike. Like Christ, being reborn is certainly a possibilitiy (after all he came back to life in the first movie didn't he???) so whether he's dead or not dead is rather irrelevant becuase even if he IS the movie has shown that it is possible for him to come back to life... so that is certainly a possibility if he died. Also keep in mind that Neo is THE ONE and the one is only a program (of which there have been 6 different verisions). THerefore, if Neo the human dies, the program for the one certainly may still exist in the machine databases. Sequel anyone???

WHY was it impossible for Smith to win in the end?

Remember when the oracle told Neo that he couldn't see past the choices that he didn't understand? Smith kept asking Neo WHY this Why that... he didn't understand Neo or his choice or what he had to do.... Neo did. Becuase he understood, he was able to make his choices, proceed (with the alliances of the machines to destroy Smith who was only interested in The INevitable... who did not believe in choice, only purpose.

This guy obviously didn't pay any attention to when the oracle said that neo and smith are exact negatives of each other, and that eventually they will cancel each other out; in other words both of them will be gone, deceased, nada. Funny because I felt I didn't understand the whole thing, yet I cought that one just fine.

Gigahurtz said:
IMO, I thought the movie was very good, expecially during the "war time". The movie kept me anticiapted for how the humans could win the war and there were some other small surprises in the movie that I wouldn't have predicted as well

Right on! I thought the entire war between zion and the machines was awesome, and I think they did the CG effects very well. I especially liked the effects near the end where the machine city had those huge defensive cannons powering up, was a nice icing on the cake :D

aprentice said:
And to the people who complained about this thread
being a spoiler, you deserve it for being so dumb :p
I havent even opened this thread all week until now,
after i've seen the movie. Noone has spoiled it for me,
I enjoyed the movie, and its all good :p

I think the movie was rather good, and the action
scenes keep getting more intense with every sequel.

If you haven't seen it, you should still go, even
if its just for the action scenes or to say you've
seen it :p

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said here. The thread plainly states: "for those who have seen it", so I didn't open it until just after I saw it. Gee, interesting concept eh? Too bad some impatients couldn't figure that one out :p

I'll be honest, the second matrix left me very confused and I didn't like it as well as the first one, but the third one ended it quite well. I think the reason the critics hated it is because they didn't understand it; the ending didn't leave enough for them. To them I say to pay more attention, and it might help you to pay more attention when the 15 year olds aren't crowding you out :p

Macca

AlphaWolf said:
just watched the movie, I thought it was great.
This guy obviously didn't pay any attention to when the oracle said that neo and smith are exact negatives of each other, and that eventually they will cancel each other out; in other words both of them will be gone, deceased, nada. Funny because I felt I didn't understand the whole thing, yet I cought that one just fine.

im just guessing that that whole thing was assumed, it wasnt very hard to figure that bit out as they clearly said it.

and critics, who cares what they say, its not gonna change my opinion of the film, and its not going to influence the amount of money which they make. its hip to bag the matrix.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Maybe somebody has already pointed out this, rather massive, flaw, but... I can't be bothered to read on.

Simply put, machines have no conscience. Thus, upon our hero's valiant victory over Agent Smith, saving them from the virus, I'm pretty sure that they would have no qualms with destroying the human race there and then. A done deed, the machines live on without any further 'resistance'. The end.

Peace between humans and machines? Riiiiight, and I suppose the machines haven't spent the past few hundred years trying to get rid of the humans in question, have they?

A lot of people have shouted at me for spoiling the film for them with that one, after they've seen it, but it's just too big a story problem to simply ignore.

Dear oh dear.

Last edited:

Macca

um...thats not a story problem at all, thats you not understanding the film.

whats stopping the same thing happening again if the machines whiped out zion, and if they destroyed the human race, then they are back to square one concerneing power.

the whole time, the machines just wanted to live with the humans peacefully (animatrix second renassonce anyone?) they finally got what they wanted.

Xade said:
Maybe somebody has already pointed out this, rather massive, flaw, but... I can't be bothered to read on.

Simply put, machines have no conscience. Thus, upon our hero's valiant victory over Agent Smith, saving them from the virus, I'm pretty sure that they would have no qualms with destroying the human race there and then. A done deed, the machines live on without any further 'resistance'. The end.

Peace between humans and machines? Riiiiight, and I suppose the machines haven't spent the past few hundred years trying to get rid of the humans in question, have they?

A lot of people have shouted at me for spoiling the film for them with that one, after they've seen it, but it's just too big a story problem to simply ignore.

Dear oh dear.

Dude go watch the animatrix.. theyre not just machines theyre AI, every bit as emotional as us if not more, it was us that cast them out, not the other way around. Their currency got bigger than ours, we didnt like and tried to starve them of sunlight. They needed an alternate energy source, and the most abundant they could fine (since all other animals had died), was us. In the hope of stopping war the machines enslaved us into a time our minds would be content with.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I'd best see this 'Animatrix' series before making any further comments, then, although the whole thing is still questionable.

Again, maybe I've missed something here too, but why not simply build fields of nuclear power plants and/or fusion power sources? The human part of the equation would simply disappear.

If they built nuclear power plants they wouldnt control their human "problem" whereby we kept trying to rid the world of AI.. Like i said we started the war. Or "We struck first"

Burnpro

Supar ***
i didnt like it .. too much talk and few action..

i agree with someone on this thread
the matrix 10/10
reloaded 8/10
revolutions 6/10