What's new

Maxtrix Revolutions: For us that have seen it ;-)

Remote

Saw it at the premiere earlier today. Pretty good, the last part of the movie was kick ass but the CG was a bit too much... A lot of this... :gunman:

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
dave_luther said:
i didnt like it.

You must be the only one. Everyone I've spoken to loves it.

I'm seeing it Friday though, so yeah, keep the plot to yourselves you lucky few, y'hear.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
IMHO the movie was cool until the final part that comes after _______ dies (______ could die, is fine for me) when Neo talks with the machine mainframe, and the Smith Vs Neo fight looked just like Dragon Ball Z. I didn't like it. And then the part with the sunshine and its dialog it's nonsense. Finally IMO the script was very bad, this movie losed all the philosophical dialogs that had the last movies (Reloaded had just a few of them) Well that was my critics to the movie, and I have to add that when I watched Reloaded a months ago I wished to go and watch it again... this time no. And damnn, I had to wake up early in the morning to go and make the line at the theather. It started 8:am here in Costa Rica.

The Matrix 10/10
Matrix Reloaded 8/10
Matrix Revolutions 6/10

Last edited:

smegforbrain

Xade said:
You must be the only one.

Nope.

I liked it until the ending.

The ending... well, that was @#$%'ing stupid.

This is not a repeat-viewing movie, imo. Hell, Reloaded really isn't either.

They really should've just stuck to the formula that made the first one work so well.

Macca

i reckon it was the perect ending to an amazing trilogy.

i now for a fact that the critics are baggin this movie and a heck of a lot of people dont like it, but i loved it and want to see it again tomorrow

here is a post which i read on another forum which talks about some of it, i reckon the poster and got it pretty spot on. if you havent seen the movie, i dont know what you are doing in this thread cause there are obvious spoilers.

"OKay all. I'm reading LOTS of threads that the basic jist is: I HATED THE MOVIE. Here's why for all those who hate it, particuarly if you liked the first 2. You're probably not "getting" it. And I don't blame you, this isn't the kind of movie you can sit mindlessly watching and only need to think about the witty one-liners when you leave. Sooooo Rather than run through and give you a play-by-play on what my take is on what happened... how about some points to ponder that might shed a little light and understanding... addressed by attacking basic questions we ALL have had to think about....

1. How did Neo Kill Smith? Why the HELL did he let him just COPY him like that?? and HOW did the Oracle end up lying in his place in the puddle after he was unplugged? (P.S> DID HE DIE????)

Alright here's a big one... you have to think in terms of computers and programming for this one (and for lots of this movie that involves the machines especially). Programs don't die, number one. Everytime smith copied himself he simply inserted his code into another program and controlled that program.... but the ORIGIONAL still exists. This is why the oracle came back.. she wasn't dead or destroyed, just her code was buried in that of Smiths. SOOOO neo let his program (the program of the one remember from Matrix reloaded) be taken over by Smith... then he, the deux ex Machina (the talking machine dude who represents the voice of the machines - which is the architect talking, did anyone notice?? ) and the oracle all combined their energy to destroy Smith from the inside out .. just like in Matrix orig. Is neo dead? Well personally I think he was sacraficed as a savior -- very Christlike. Like Christ, being reborn is certainly a possibilitiy (after all he came back to life in the first movie didn't he???) so whether he's dead or not dead is rather irrelevant becuase even if he IS the movie has shown that it is possible for him to come back to life... so that is certainly a possibility if he died. Also keep in mind that Neo is THE ONE and the one is only a program (of which there have been 6 different verisions). THerefore, if Neo the human dies, the program for the one certainly may still exist in the machine databases. Sequel anyone???

WHY was it impossible for Smith to win in the end?

Remember when the oracle told Neo that he couldn't see past the choices that he didn't understand? Smith kept asking Neo WHY this Why that... he didn't understand Neo or his choice or what he had to do.... Neo did. Becuase he understood, he was able to make his choices, proceed (with the alliances of the machines to destroy Smith who was only interested in The INevitable... who did not believe in choice, only purpose.

What's love got to do with it anyways?

I think love is used as a catalyst the whole movie to show that the humans and machines are not all that different after all. Think back to the Indian family with the little girl in the train station. The Father says that any programs who did not have a purpose are destroyed, but becasue he "loved" his daughter he would deliver her into exile in the matrix (protected by the oracle). Neo even asked that he thought machines could not love. The father explained that "love" is merely a word we use to describe certain ideas, that propel our actions. Machines are also capable of making this connections with other programs in a manner of speaking and allowing themselves to be governed by these connections. Notice also that these "programs" of the machine world look very human. This is to show that humans and machines are similar in ways if you look at them in the right way. These things are setting up the alliance that occurs at the end. It does not come out of no where. Remember the whole reason machines enslaved humans is because humans tried to keep THEM enslaved first (This is in the ANIMATRIX).

What is all this about Choice and Inevitability? What does it have to do with the movie?

As far as the relationship between Neo and Trinity... the two represent the power of FAITH and BELIEVING in something. There are lots of religious overtones in this (did anyone notice that neo was lying in the shape of the cross as he was unplugged by deux ex machina??) The point is that FREE WILL is essential. Even though the characters may have a destiny, its still their CHOICE whether to accomplish this destiny or purpose. The point is the CHOICE, or in other words, the means are more important than the end. Neo and Trinity for example. They rely on one another becuase they believe in the other and this believing propels their actions and choices. In the end Neo says "you can't die" trinity says "yes I can". It is not Neo's choice to make here, it was always trinity's choice whether to come with him. Throughout the movie many things are able to take place because the characters believe that they are possible. Morpheous is a prime example he is always believed in neo and what he is capable of. Niobi soon makes this transition into faith in neo and that the war CAN end. it is only as most all of the characters are converted to faith that the movie reaches its conclusion and resolution.

Also keep in mind that the movie is looping in on itself. Right now there is piece, but in the last scene the architect asks the oracle "how long do you think this will last" and she says "As long as it can"..... history is doomed to repeat itself?? Maybe... but there is always HOPE, if one has enough FAITH. That's the point in my mind. Believing that anything is possible if you believe in it enough. Rather a new spin on the old fairytales, huh?

This is getting rather long so I'll maybe do a take two at some later point. I'm still digesting the movie myself. Does any of this help?"

jollyrancher

There were a few things I didn't completely understand, but that's not the reason why I didn't like it... in my opinion it's just not that entertaining. Just like being "deep" doesn't make Descartes very entertaining, either, no matter how well I understand it.

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
exactly why i didnt like it, the ending makes it even more confusing opening the scope for more sequels

Last edited:

Macca

did you really expect them to be able to wrap up such a huge thing in 2 hours? of course they had to leave something for the imagination

blizz

some people read way too much into a film which is really just aimed at being entertaining, nothing more

OP
Remote

Remote

Yeah, but not like anyone is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to read them...:p

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Meh, I havent seen it yet, and i was really looking forward too it, until about 8 people told me everything about it, i hate you internet, I HATE YOU!

OP
Remote

Remote

I don't really think that takes the fun out of watching it, of course it's quite nasty knowing everything but there's still a lot between hearing and seing...

Macca

roflmao

going to a thread called "Maxtrix Revolutions: For us that have seen it ;-)" and expecting no spoilers, c'mon seriously.

smegforbrain

I understood the movies just fine. And in the end, it wasn't what it could/should have been.

Although, blizz, these are, in a lot of ways, thinking-person's movies. That wasn't the problem for me.

If I watch 6+ hours worth of movies, I expect to see an ending. What Revolutions had was a joke.

Oh, and Joel Silver has said no more Matrix movies.

jollyrancher

That doesn't mean that someone else won't produce another Matrix trilogy 10 years from now. When there's guaranteed money for a studio there's not much stopping them.

OP
Remote

Remote

Of course they could but we already know what to expect, no need to re invent the wheel.... I don't know about you but I really don't want to know what happened to the 5 "The One's" before Neo... :p