What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[HOWTO] Install And Use Djipi's Cell Mod

Emarian

C++ Addict
Figured I'd post this in case a nooby comes lurking around EmuTalk.

Please only follow this guide if you own a legal copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Djipi's Cell Mod project was an attempt to recreate the graphics of the original The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, considered by many to be the supreme Zelda game, in the style of Windwaker. Djipi put five years into the project, with some assistance from other artists such as mdtauk, mollymutt, and myself.

The result was a truly wonderful pack, some screenshots of which can be seen below:

foresttempleor4.png

sanstitre2ul4.png

sanstitre2ak2.png

In order to implement Djipi's pack, you will need:
An Ocarina of Time ROM (I cannot supply you with a download link, but a Google search like this one might help)
Project64
Glide64
Djipi's Cell Mod

1. To get Project64, download the latest release from the Project64 Downloads - Binaries Download[/url] page.
  2. The latest version of Glide64 can be found in the "Current Version" box on the Glide64 home page.
  3. Djipi's Cell Mod (my revised version) can be found here.
  4. First, install Project64.
  5. Then, open the archive of Glide64. Extract all files in the "Wrapper" folder to your main Project64 folder (default: %ProgramFiles%\Project64 1.6\). Then extract all files within the "Plugin" folder to Project64's plugin folder (default: %ProgramFiles%\Project64 1.6\Plugin).
  6. Afterwards, go into the Plugin folder of Project64 and create a new folder named "hires_texture" (without quotes).
  7. At this point, extract the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" folder in the archive of Djipi's Cell Mod into the hires_texture folder.
  8. Now, let's run Project64.
  9. Once Project64 has opened, go to "Options > Settings" and change the video plugin to Glide64 and click OK.
  10. Then go to "Options > Configure Graphics Plugin" and set Glide64's settings the way you would like. Just make sure that your tabs look as similar as possible to the following (edit the settings as needed for performance):

1.png

2.png

3.png
  11. Now, simply click OK and go to "File > Open ROM" and select your Ocarina of Time ROM.

Regards,
Emarian

Last edited:

ctatumt

Hey this is nice! Maybe you could post some pics of your setting for the wrapper setting though cause those get confusing too. Very nice though

Last edited:

Target2

For me when I loaded my Master Quest rom it worked. I don't know if that was intended but did it work for anybody else? I don't think that it loaded all of the textures for Master Quest though.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
i think the master quest is intentional since Oot MQ follows the same binary code and hex as the original in most parts.

64fanatic

Having problems with Glide 64. It said I was missing MSVCP70 after I tried opening options in Project64, I tried fixing the problem by getting it off a dll archive site, seemed to fix the problem. I would like to know what the dll is a part of though as it may be causing the following problems.

If i try using filtering options any combo the game gets all corrupted, its fine if filtering is off:

http://www.myimg.us/images/08.18.09/10439.jpg

Next, if i try enabling high res texture loading, project64 crashes after loading a handful of textures, never makes it ingame.

Incase anyone asks about system specs:

Intel Q6600 3.0 Ghz OC
Geforce 8800 GTS 512 MB
8 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 x64

Last edited:

Riddler119

I'm a noob at this, I did everything you said and It wont load the textures. How do I get it to load them?

Also when I go to options->settings, it says im missing file bmglib.dll. Where can i get that?

Riddler119

OK I guess like half of the textures are working, even though its loading them before the emu starts. all the characters are celled, and so are the jars and the file select. But everything else is the same. Help?

KoolSmoky

Taken directly from the Glide64 help file;

To install Glide64:

1. Unpack the distribution somewhere (as you read this text, you probably already did it)
2. Copy everything from the 'Plugin' folder, into the folder, where all your N64 plugins are stored. This is usually the 'Plugin' sub-folder in your emulator's folder, e.g. Project64\Plugin
3. For OpenGL rendering, copy glide3x.dll from the 'Wrapper' folder, into your emulator's folder.

To setup Glide64:

1. Launch your emulator.
2. Select Glide64 as your graphics plugin.
3. Select 'Configure graphics plugin'
4. In Glide64 configuration dialog, on the 'Config' tab, select your desired resolution. It will be fullscreen resolution for 3dfx cards, or windowed resolution for other cards.
5. If 'Wrapper settings' button is not grayed, push it and select your desired fullscreen resolution.

Glide64 is now ready to use.

Note step "To install Glide64 3.";
You must to do this if you are not using a 3dfx voodoo series gfx card. Additionally, the emulator's folder and plugin folder are not the same!

-KoolSmoky

ArchArchon

Ya I did all that but another problem I am having now is that after I select glide and configure it the next time I open project64 I can not go into the graphics configuration, it just goes non responsive.

KoolSmoky

not a problem installing it KoolSmoky, its literally broken I think on Vista/Windows 7.

I believe it's more of a 64bit OS issue. I would appreciate it if someone can confirm this. I would doubly appreciate it if feedbacks are posted to the official Glide64 forums at emuxhaven.net, thanks.

Is there a compatibility mode for Visa 64 and Windows 7 64?

-KoolSmoky

ctatumt

Yep I'm running Vista 32 and tried to use glide64 but I just got a black screen saying something bout cant render in windowed mode or something so I went to full screen and same message just in full screen. Could be my crappy video card I had to resort to cause my other one died though.

KoolSmoky

Yep I'm running Vista 32 and tried to use glide64 but I just got a black screen saying something bout cant render in windowed mode or something so I went to full screen and same message just in full screen. Could be my crappy video card I had to resort to cause my other one died though.

Vista32bit has been tested to work. It would be helpful if you provide your system specs. Either your video card is not up to par or you haven't set it up to support opengl properly. Run the gltest.exe included in the glide64 package and see if your system is capable of running glide64. You should be able to save the results.

Again, it would be reasonable to post feedbacks to the official glide64 message boards;

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

-KoolSmoky

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
I believe it's more of a 64bit OS issue. I would appreciate it if someone can confirm this. I would doubly appreciate it if feedbacks are posted to the official Glide64 forums at emuxhaven.net, thanks.

Is there a compatibility mode for Visa 64 and Windows 7 64?

-KoolSmoky

there are no problems running Glide64 on x64 os's as far as i've tested. As long as the required runtimes are installed its all fine.

64fanatic

there are no problems running Glide64 on x64 os's as far as i've tested. As long as the required runtimes are installed its all fine.

I have all the runtimes installed that I know of, which ones do i need? Maybe I am missing something, nobody has said what it is that you need to actually run glide64 correctly.

X-Fi6

If you ask me, I'd say an ATI Radeon X700 or an nVidia GeForce 7 series (or a Voodoo 5 :3) if you're not going to use re-textures, and a Radeon HD 2k series or nVidia Geforce 8 series if you are going to use re-textures or use higher resolutions (like 1080p).