What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[HOWTO] Install And Use Djipi's Cell Mod

64fanatic

If you ask me, I'd say an ATI Radeon X700 or an nVidia GeForce 7 series (or a Voodoo 5 :3) if you're not going to use re-textures, and a Radeon HD 2k series or nVidia Geforce 8 series if you are going to use re-textures or use higher resolutions (like 1080p).

I posted my system specs. I have an 8800 GTS, I have the visual C++ runtimes.

That is why I'm so confused.

niuus

Avid gamer & multimedia fan
[*]Djipi's Cell Mod (my revised version) can be found here

What's new/included in this revised version?

Are these in, BTW?

Djipi you missed two textures one is the blue bottle and the other one is the bullet bag (holds 50)
here is the ones i did.
THELEGENDOFZELDA9DEA47E103_all.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#9DEA47E1#0#3_all
THELEGENDOFZELDAFC03D1C903_all.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#FC03D1C9#0#3_all

Last edited:

Netbattler11

Loading Problem...

Okay, this is really annoying. I have done everything that it says to do to set up, and it seems to work, but after it loads 2846 textures (always that many) it crashes and for some reason take IE with it... Yet it leaves everything else up... Anybody got any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

Kupfel

@Netbattler11 with this kind of question you should at least tell:

- emulator you are using
- version of emulator
- which graphics plugin
- which OS

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Netbattler11: Using P64 1.7? Try 1.6 then...Glide64 seems to have a problem with 1.7 + Multicore-CPU...

EDIT: With me even the multi-core fix mentioned above didn't work, btw

OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
Guys, SORRY I have not checked this thread. I never thought that anyone would be asking questions here, but I'm more than willing to try to help.

First, let me go ahead and get this out of the way. If you are having issues with graphics not display properly, please make sure that your graphics card can handle the game (X-Fi makes a good guess at the requirements). Afterwards, update to the latest version of your graphics drivers and the latest DirectX (this link also applies to Vista and 7). Then check that you're running the latest Glide64. If you've done all of this, then reply with the below information and I'll do my best.

Make SURE you list the following (taken from Kupfel's post, thanks man, good point):
- Emulator you are using.
- Version of emulator.
- Which graphics plugin.
- Which OS (INCLUDE ARCHITECTURE - SUCH AS x86/x64).

If you have a multi-core processor, try the fix that KoolSmoky posted too (thanks man). And if you're using Project64 1.7, downgrade to 1.6. 1.7 is NOT stable, it's beta. It's a complete waste of my time to troubleshoot 1.7 issues.

@ctatumt, I've added screenshots of every page.

@Target2,
You're correct, not all textures will load with Master Quest. You will have to rename some of the textures in order to get the game properly working.

@64fanatic,
That would be part of the C++ Redistributable libraries that Microsoft releases. That can be downloaded here (x86) or [url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e]here (x64).

Also, about your graphics problem, follow the directions I put at the beginning.

@Riddler,
Follow the directions I put at the beginning concerning graphics.

As for your bmglib.dll error, that can be downloaded here, as one of the attachments by Rice.

@ArchArchon,
Follow the directions I put at the beginning.

@64fanatic,
I've used this on both Vista/7 and it works fine.

@Ctatumt,
Refer to the directions at the beginning.

@Niuus, yes, and more.

@Netbattler,
Downgrade to 1.6 if you're using 1.7, try my suggestions at the beginning, and Kupfel also made a good point. Please post:

- Emulator you are using.
- Version of emulator.
- Which graphics plugin.
- Which OS.

Respond if that doesn't help.

I'll be checking this thread much more frequently, so feel free to keep asking questions. Also, please do not PM me with questions; ask them here. That way others can also provide their suggestions.

zer0tolerance

Hey, so I installed and unzipped, set all the right settings and double checked, but wont load the graphics. It starts with a loading screen, says 631 total loaded, boots game. Graphics are same old ecru style. I'm very computer savvy, just no idea on this stuff. Any ideas? Maybe the new glide version? I'll gank that out for now.

PJ 64 1.6
Gide64 Napalm WX release 1
Windows XP SP3 32Bit

OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
Hey, so I installed and unzipped, set all the right settings and double checked, but wont load the graphics. It starts with a loading screen, says 631 total loaded, boots game. Graphics are same old ecru style. I'm very computer savvy, just no idea on this stuff. Any ideas? Maybe the new glide version? I'll gank that out for now.

PJ 64 1.6
Gide64 Napalm WX release 1
Windows XP SP3 32Bit

Please read my last post.

Netbattler11

Okay, sorry for not posting these before, i'm kinda new at this. I'm using:
PJ64 v1.6
Glide64 NapalmWX version 1
Windows XP home 32bit
My problem is still in effect, exept it now gets to around 5500 textures... How many are there anyway? Also IE is now fine. Emarian, thanks for coming back, and sorry I kinda yelled at you on the other thread. Oh yeah, I only have a Geforce 6100 graphics card. Do you think this is the problem?

Last edited:
OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
No worries about the other thread....I needed it. :)

Okay, sorry for not posting these before, i'm kinda new at this. I'm using:
PJ64 v1.6
Glide64 NapalmWX version 1
Windows XP home 32bit
My problem is still in effect, exept it now gets to around 5500 textures... How many are there anyway? Also IE is now fine. Emarian, thanks for coming back, and sorry I kinda yelled at you on the other thread. Oh yeah, I only have a Geforce 6100 graphics card. Do you think this is the problem?

I don't see why (your card) that would cause PJ1.6 to crash.

Have you tried running this without IE running? Also, it's possible that one or two of the textures are corrupted. Does it hang or does it actually crash?

Also, a bugfix for WX1.0 was released not too long ago, making it 1.1. Some changes were made to the loader for the hi-res textures (most notably fixed multi-cores). You should try the bugfix and see if it resolves your problem.

Post back if none of this works.

Kupfel

for all of you who experience crashes while caching with Project 64 ... save yourself the trouble and use the emulator 1964.

Netbattler11

Yay!!!

Wow... I have no words to describe how awesome that looks! I downloaded the patch on the link you put up, Emarian, and it worked like a charm. For anyone who's wondering, there's around 7000 textures. PJ64 didn't care whether IE was up or not either. Emarian, Thanks a lot for helping me get that up and running, and for helping Djipi finish it. I have a couple questions though. One, how come the only textures that are NOT loading are the inside of the kokiri's houses? And two, do you know how I could get the textures working with Master Quest?
:party: :nemu: :party: :nemu: :party: :nemu: :party: :nemu: :party: :nemu: :party:

Last edited:
OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
As for the interior of the Kokiri's houses, that is because the backgrounds are not done. Unless someone else does the backgrounds, these will not be done.

As for MQ, you will have to edit the texture names for that.

OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
I'm pretty computer savvy, but i have no idea how I would do that. Would you mind explaining, or would it be too big a project?

The internal ROM name for most Master Quest and OoT ROMs are the same, but the problem is that not all of the texture names are the same. For example, although one texture could be named "1234..." and so forth, in Master Quest, that texture could very well be "4321..."

Too much to make it worth it.

Netbattler11

The internal ROM name for most Master Quest and OoT ROMs are the same, but the problem is that not all of the texture names are the same. For example, although one texture could be named "1234..." and so forth, in Master Quest, that texture could very well be "4321..."

Too much to make it worth it.

oh well. That would have been cool. Thanks for helping.

JoePostal

I had trouble until I put the graphics under the GFX folder, like this...
whatever PJ64\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Notice that GFX folder is inside of Plugin.

I am sure if you put your graphics plugins directly under Plugin then the first post instructions would work fine...

Awesome work!!!

I am running it on Vista 64 on a 4870x2. I am using graphic plugin Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1" Works great!!!

steftheserb

that because you have 1.7 . most people dont have that as its still beta and the only way of getting it is as a thank you for donating which is why. unless you pirated it. if you did be careful cause of fakes containing trojans.