What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

Ashena

Yep, got same problem. Patch begin, ends successfully....and poof. Nothing happens :( Just one thing, I saw the temp folder while patching (soatp), and in there, a big iso that disappears when patch finishes.

jerry87

Hey, could anuone help me?
A have finished cd1, i patched the cd2, but when i start the patched-cd2 with chankast, it goes to the bios menu.Anyone knows what is the problem or how solve this?
Thanks.

mazonemayu

hey, is it normal with the patched echelon version, that you see nothing when a battle ends (the table where it says how much exp you gain etc..) I always see the characters, but not how much exp & stuff they gained

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
To jerry87: Check whether the bios and flash files get corrupted. See another thread for more info.

To mazonemayu: You need to activate the ZWrite and ZWrite Alpha options in the emulator.

jerry87

Thanks for trying to help me Dark Mits, but the bios isn't the problem, because i tested the cd1 again and worked, and i tried in another copy of emulator.
If you or other person has any idia, please, tell me.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Do you load the CD2 image in the same drive as CD1? If yes then the patching must have gone wrong. I assume however that you have retried patching CD2 alone.

jerry87

Thanks again Dark Mits, but i've tried it, and other forms.If you have other idea to my problem with cd2 say , if not thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
No need to thank me, I just happen to see these posts here and I do want to help others play this gem among games. I myself hadn't played on the console and I have finished it 4 times on Chankast.

Did you check if the unpatched version was correct, ie. not defective? It should be 813.047.730 bytes large.

jerry87

Maybe can be the cd, mine have 818.609.749 bytes.But i tried 3 diferent cds.Iwill search for other.Dark Mits, isend a message to you.

How can i know if the cd has problems??

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Aika-san (the creator of the patch and this topic) had posted long ago that there is a program that checks CDs for problems and stuff. You have to "wade" through all posts here to find it. If you still can't find it, search the net. There are a lot of programs doing that job, you are bound to find one at least.
I replied to your PM.

jerry87

Hey, the problem was the cd2, i found another image, and this one worked,so if you are with the same problem as mine , search another cd.

CROangel

After i mount the game i go to chank and click on start but it sais CANT READ DC_BOIS.BIN! what do i do?!i need 'dc_bios.bin' and 'dc_flash.bin' do u know where i can get them?! help

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need the Dreamcast BIOS files. You can't ask where to get them since it is against the board rules.