What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

Vyse_X

i try patching, but along the last steps it has this error come up
View attachment 31679
any news on how i can stop this?
after this i unmount, an remount with the right version of deamon, and it still loads up with the ehalon trainer screen then stalls.
dieing to relive this came, missed it so much since i sold my dreamcast

Vyse_X

hey, got it working now, i didnt read the original post date, didnt realise this has been out for so long, i put it down to a driver conflict with service pack 2.
got a spair 10gig harddrive out, connected it up an installed xp on it, an copyed over the ISO for skies cd1, and the patcher, and transferd it back to my normal harddrive an it works perfect now.
got a good speed
sound is 7.5 out of 10
GFX alot crisper, little glitches here an there, 7.5/10
i wouldnt like to first play this game like this, dreamcast is the best experience, but to bring back some old memorys im having a great time.
Thanks alot.

OP
A

aika-san

I'm beginning work on SOAPatcher v4 this weekend. Expecting it to take at least 2 months before the initial release. I won't be rushing it this time as that's what has caused the problems in previous versions. v3 was basically thrown together in about 2 weeks.

To begin with there will be no more enhancements than what is contained in v3. The only difference will be that v4 will be much more compatible. After this I will begin looking at adding further enhancements. The highest priority will be to fix the glitchy sound. No promises with further enhancements though. Without Chankast and echelon source code, fixing bugs like the sound one is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Vyse_X

hey thanks alot. you made all this posible.
all the little problems i can deal with, i find it helps if CTRL+Alt+Del an close down every program im running (including explorer) then booting it up. runs perfect, and i have had a few battle crashes but regular saving after most ship battles has made this no real problem.

Vyse_X

so as i have v3 of the patch working, there would be no need for me to download your future version 4, as that wouldnt really do anything?
Also, the system im running SOA on is...
Chancast 0.25
deamon tools 3.29
Athlon 2200+
1024 meg ram
128 meg radion 9700pro
think thats about it really.

OP
A

aika-san

Vyse_X said:
so as i have v3 of the patch working, there would be no need for me to download your future version 4, as that wouldnt really do anything?
Correct.

Keep in mind that once v4 is running I will be looking at the sound bug. If I can fix that, then there will be a v4.1 which you would most likely be interested in.

Vyse_X said:
i find it helps if CTRL+Alt+Del an close down every program im running (including explorer) then booting it up. runs perfect, and i have had a few battle crashes but regular saving after most ship battles has made this no real problem.

Good tip for those having crash problems. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kratos777

You're going to fix the sound!? You're friggin' awesome, thank you!

One question: I have patched Skies of Arcadia with your previous patch, will the new patch just patch over it?

Vyse_X

im guessing you will need a clean unpatched version, i still got mine in a seprate folder just incase i need it...

OP
A

aika-san

Yes. You will need the unpatched version of SOA for SOAPatcher v4. The manual for v3 clearly states that you should keep an unpatched copy. There is no way of removing the v3 patch. If you didn't keep the unpatched version, well, hmmmm...I can't really help, sorry.:(

Regarding the sound bug, don't get too excited, as I may not be able to fix it. I'm going to have a good look at the problem though once v4 is out.

Anyway, I start programming v4 tomorrow night.:drool:

OP
A

aika-san

Kratos777 said:
Oh...man. Guess I'll have to aquire the echelon again.
You should wait. I can't guarantee that I will be able to fix the sound. You'll only need to get the echelon again if I can fix the sound, or make any other improvements on the game itself. To begin with a v4 patched game will operate exactly the same as a v3 game. The big difference will be that the v4 patch should work on everyone's computer. After that's done, I will be working on the sound bug. You will know if I fix it because I'll be keeping everyone up to date on my progress in this thread.

Kratos777

Agozer said:
What is this sound bug exactly?

After about 15 minutes the sound goes all glitchy and out of sync (even moreso than usual) and then cuts off completely... then after that it usually locks up after a while - you have to save like mad.

Sevilla_Forever

Naruto Fan #1 (¡Viva Sevilla!)
2 Questions

I have two questions.

1 - Can be applied to him the patch only to a CD? I only have the CD1 of Skies of Arcadia. I still do not have the CD2 but I want to play.

2 - According to the manual of SOAPatcher, the process lasts about 5 minutes, but when use the program ("BEGIN PATCHING"), the progress bar does not advance. The program does not work either or I must have more patience? I have correctly mounted the image in the Daemon Tools.

I know that my English is quite bad but I believe that my message is understood... I need your answer. Thanks :) :)

Sevilla_Forever

Sloooooooooooooooowwwwwww

I let the program to put the patch to him put during two hours and the progress bar does not move Why? According to the Administrator of Tasks, the program is "ACTIVE" Perhaps the program is defective? The SOA image is well, does not have failures...

¡¡¡Please, I need your help!!!

Sevilla_Forever

MORE HOURS????!!!!! Finally I have obtained the game, and with all the illusion of the world it was going to play... and it leaves this failure in the program... I hope that somebody gives one more a more convincing solution me to this problem... Even so, Agozer thanks

Sevilla_Forever

This is the part in which the program detects the CD

[img=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4989/soapatcher26fi.th.jpg]
Here the program begins to apply the patch. I have put in the photo the hour to which I initiated the program

And this photo is of hours later. As it shows the photo, the progress bar does not move, that is the greater problem than I have. Nevertheless, in the C:\soatp\data directory they are all the archives of the image of my game produced by SOAPatcher

Last edited: