What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

Nineball

I have an Problem maybe anyone can help here.

I Patch teh version bug there is still a bug.
Everytime i save Fina and destroy the ship thats blocks the way it comes to an conversation with Fina. After it ends the screen goes dark but nothing happen after that. I dont can play Further plz help me ;-)

xervish

G'day, I been reading through the thread looking for answers to a particular hang that im getting with a patched version of SOA on Chankast. Just as i meet bellena at the port to get on her ship in CD 1. As I walk up to her the screen fades out to black and a sound clip starts and repeats, but black screen stays.

I have tried all the workarounds you guys have mentioned, No Button Mashing, CPU really high so sound is sync'd and CPU really low so it goes really fast, but nothing seems to work.

If there is anything else i can try, It would be fantastic, but I would be just as grateful if anyone can give me a save somewhere near after that point.

BTW: I own a working dreamcast, and a copy of SOA, though the CD is scratched to hell, well loved, and will not work.

Kikushi

Hi, i've been looking for my problem on the thread but it seems that nobody has this prob :angry:

I can install Daemon Tools 3.29 but each time I try to run it it says: Virtual Driver SCSI Not Detected.

I've also Daemon Tools V4.00 installed on my comp.

Can anyone help me ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Always uninstall an existing version of Daemon Tools before installing another version.

admeister

Please Help!

I really need somehelp with this game. I follow all the instructions, and it says it is patched, but the files are not there. This has something to do with DOS not creating the soapt directory doesn't it. I would like to know how to fix this problem. The xcopy thing doesn't work, but the file is in Windows and is the right size. I am using the NTSC version of SOA (echelon).

Adam

admeister

Help

Can someone tell me a link to fix the problem with DOS at all? I can help oter people if I find out. I read that there was a link somewhere in this thread to fix this problem, I can't find it. I'm running XP SP2.

Adam

josh1122

yeah this patcher doesnt work for me either.

I run it and it says its patched both CD's and then theres nothing even there after its done :/

halfassassin

Patcher doesn't work for me?

I have both CD1 and CD2 .cdi files mounted with Daemon 3.29. When i run the patcher it detects the .cdi files, and starts patching them. after about 5 minutes, the patcher completely stops and doesn't make anymore progress. I have tried this with just mounting one disk at a time, but i have the same problem every time. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kratos777

halfassassin said:
I have both CD1 and CD2 .cdi files mounted with Daemon 3.29. When i run the patcher it detects the .cdi files, and starts patching them. after about 5 minutes, the patcher completely stops and doesn't make anymore progress. I have tried this with just mounting one disk at a time, but i have the same problem every time. Any ideas? Thanks.

It sounds like you're being impatient - it stopped for a bit for me too. Just wait a while and it will finish.

josh1122

I waited for a good 40minutes and it finished for me, but the wait was for nothing because i checked the patch folder, i checked cfg folder, i checked the Fastboot folder and NOTHING related to CDI images were in there even when it said it ''youll find your files in teh soap drawer'' wherever that is, theres nothing.

Anyone know what could be wrong

Agozer

It been know for quite a while that the patcher freezes completely on some systems (mine included).

josh1122

That sucks dude, mine just makes me wait 40minutes and even finishes but theres no new CDI images like it says there is -.- its getting on my nerves because i really want to play this game

Agozer

That's because it doesn't really create the new CD image because something went wrong.

admeister

Mine finishes at an ordinary pace, says the files are in the drawer, but there isn't anything there. This sucks, I can't play it through Chankast. I spent a while getting the cd image too..

Chilly0123

wow, i cant believe so many people are having problem with the patcher. When i first got the patcher about half a year ago i only patched cd1 and it worked great. maybe im just one of the lucky few who got it to work on my comp, or maybe the people having problems should try patching only cd1. It seems like cd2 is whats giving everyone problems, ill have to try patching it later.

Agozer

Chilly0123 said:
wow, i cant believe so many people are having problem with the patcher. When i first got the patcher about half a year ago i only patched cd1 and it worked great. maybe im just one of the lucky few who got it to work on my comp, or maybe the people having problems should try patching only cd1. It seems like cd2 is whats giving everyone problems, ill have to try patching it later.
Yes, you got lucky. Only patching CD 1 first makes no difference to some.

Agozer

josh1122 said:
I havent seen this brought up yet but I was wondering,Anyone with working patched images of CD1 and CD2, could one of you torrent them for the majority of us that havent got the patcher to work.

Just a thought, it would be very much appreciated if someone can spare sometime to do that
You do know that you are probably going to get banned for making a request like that, don't you?

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
It's been a while since my last post...

I'm not sure why the files dissappear. If you check the folder while the patcher is doing its job, you will see the file, plus if you refresh the contents you will notice its size grows. What happens is that once the file is completely patched it gets erased. I had this problem too, and I believe it is realted to the NTFS file system. Every time I patch it on my NTFS disc/partition, it gets erased. When I patched it on my FAT32 disc/partition it was ok, and it played just fine. This is just a speculation though. Someone who has discs with both NTFS and FAT32 should try and post his results.

My patching just needed 10 minutes if not less on a 2GHz PentiumIV, 768MiB RAM @ 133Mhz (DDR) and a ****ed up hard disc (completely fragmented) of 40GiB.

Do not change your hard disc's file system to FAT32. That would require formatting, which in turn means that all your files will be erased (on that disc). Instead, find an older disc that you don't use, format it using the FAT32 file system and then pach it there. It should do the trick!