What's new

How to get Skies Of Arcadia (echelon) working properly!!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you've read back this thread at all, you should have noticed by now that the patcher simply won't work for some, while it works for others. The created image is smaller because the patcher never finished creating it.

What DT version are you using?

vinilokopoa

its working now. it were a lack of space in disk...
this patch is a tech-miracle!!!! tnx for the help!!! its working perfectly now!!!
and how can i speed up the game?

Last edited:

Zeikfried85

Hi...i have a big problem. I have the Soa echelon version, than i have download the pacth and i follow the instruction. After installing daemontool and mounting the true image (both) i'm starting the patch...it find both cd and i click on BEgin...then the patch finish and tell me "Ok the game is patched! un the new patched files on the soappatcher folder...but in the folder where there are the patch program there insn't no new files...HELP!

monsterfurby

I have a problem as well. The Patch worked perfectly and after installing FrogASPI, the emulator even went past the boot screen. However, it still reads the game as an audio cd, e.g. won't boot it. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

OP
A

aika-san

@Agozer : Thankyou for you help. Seems they never learn though, does it.

@NINJA!!! : Sorry, but SOAPatcher v4 comes first. I haven't decided what I'll be doing after that.

@monsterfurby : I've never listed FrogASPI as a requirement for SOAPatcher.

Last edited:

monsterfurby

I know, I just mentioned it because the game wouldn't work without it. I tried applying a boot-patch seperately to the game, but it wasn't successful either... I wonder if it is possible to solve this or if I might have a wrong version of SoA?

OP
A

aika-san

let's go back to before you applied any patch. if you boot the game then it should load the echelon stuff. if the game was booting as an audio cd even before applying the patch then you need to fix that first. get rid of frogaspi and use the unpatched version. this should load the echelon trainer and then hang/crash. if it instead comes up as an audio cd, you haven't got chankast set up properly

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I have a question not about the patch, but still about SoA image. I switched to Alcoholol from Daemon because I liked the shell mount extension, but everytime I try to mount a working SoA image, I get an i/o error. I can mount other .cdi games successfully, but somehow SoA keeps giving me problems (both discs). Any ideas?

OP
A

aika-san

I'm not sure. Do you get the i/o error when mounting the unpatched cdi or only when it's been SOAPatched?

swaze

k i need help , i patched the game and alll runs fine , but the game is running crazy ass fast lol , the video is moving way to fast , how do i fix this ??.

like is there a way i can limit the fps or something , cuz mine says 150 fps lol.

achenar

Before I start whining, you've done absolutely brilliant work on this patcher. Really appreciate it. :)

But. ^^; I start the game, and it seems to be fine. Starting movie, yay, lots of characters, yay...big blue-grey thing floating in midair and...staying there. Music continues to the end of the track, but that's it.

..huh? ^^;

Edit - should mention that it's done this twice, so I don't think it was just a general freeze.

Last edited:
OP
A

aika-san

@swaze : Have you tried the cpu setting in chankast?

@achenar: That's the starting movie. You need to skip it by pressing buttons before the freeze. The freeze is due to incompatabilities between chankast and the game. Thankyou for the kind comments. I'm rewriting version 4.0 of the patch in a month or 2. Hoping to make it easier, more compatible and also fix some more bugs.

@diablo2121: With the i/o error. Just use Daemon v3.29. Painful, I know, but at least it works.

Last edited:

achenar

aika-san said:
@swaze : Have you tried the cpu setting in chankast?

@achenar: That's the starting movie. You need to skip it by pressing buttons before the freeze. The freeze is due to incompatabilities between chankast and the game. Thankyou for the kind comments. I'm rewriting version 4.0 of the patch in a month or 2. Hoping to make it easier, more compatible and also fix some more bugs.

@diablo2121: With the i/o error. Just use Daemon v3.29. Painful, I know, but at least it works.

Any particular buttons or times at which to do so, or...? Only I tried tapping keys and such, and it still froze?
Sorry, I'm terminally dumb. ;)
But I look forward to the rewrite. :)

OP
A

aika-san

@achenar: Try tapping <space> or <enter> while the movie plays. If that doesn't work then go to Chankast's 'Configure Controls' options and try the keys you have set up there. You're trying to skip the intro movie, similar to how pressing <space> or <escape> will skip a pc games movie. I'm not really looking forward to the rewrite.;)

@iog: Errrr....No, it only works properly with Daemon Tools v3.29.

Last edited: