What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

Bandit82

Hmm

Faces in Super Mario 64 and Zelda are a bit messed up on my Radeon 9700 as well...
Almost ideal for Mario... but faces. :-(

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
The Khan Artist said:

As of 0.31, Glide64 still has that bug.

The more than one sun GFX error problem has been gone with
Jabo's GFX plugin since Jabo's GFX plugin 1.3.
The more than one sun GFX error problem plagues Jabo's GFX plugin 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

Back in September, 2001 when Project 64 1.3 was released,
I was happy to see there was no longer more than one sun.:)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If I remember correctly, this "sun" bug was fixed with emulate clear. A light copy buffer method. This even fixes the lens of truth.

Btw linker, why don't you just keep your dll without the dll version? Otherwise you need to delete all the old files when adding the new. And spaces in filename while uploading isn't good :geek:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Doomulation said:
If I remember correctly, this "sun" bug was fixed with emulate clear. A light copy buffer method. This even fixes the lens of truth.

Btw linker, why don't you just keep your dll without the dll version? Otherwise you need to delete all the old files when adding the new. And spaces in filename while uploading isn't good :geek:

WRONG! Emulate clear is *only* for the sun lens flare
and *nothing* related to the more than one sun GFX error
problem.

Kid A

Nevermind
bug report:

Faces in Super Mario 64 still messed up. I don´t know why. I have the latest catalyst 3.1 for my radeon 9500, but my major problem is that most roms i have crash. ( sorry my English ).

Here, 1 pic. My plugin config...

loleoc

glNintendo64() does not work on my voodoo 5 5500 agp 64 mb. Pj64 and 1964 in the most cases crash when i load a rom or runs veery slow with serious graphical errors. A question for The Kahn Artist, what do you do for that this plugin work to you?

I have win xp pro 5.1, directx 8.1, 1964 0.85 and pj64 in all versions and this drivers (support glide, d3d and opengl):
2k/xp
http://www.pcpartsunlimited.net/v345.rar
[email protected]

I tried the last koolsmoky opengl with s3tc textures with the last glide 3x but crashes anyway or runs veeeeery slow.
Heeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Voodoo has very poor opengl support. You're not going to get much out of this plugin.
I suggest you use Glide64.

Laahel

whaaaaaaa !!!!

seem my crashing problem doesn't come from the plugin but from pj64 itself !!!

all openGL plugins runs wery slooooowww and i just tried the new rice plugin, with the GeForce OpenGL option ( i have a Geforce4 Ti4200) and it they that :

my videocard doesn't support the opengl extention combiner and that it can only use the basic opengl combiener fonction...

by selecting opengl bestfit, pj64 can only select opengl 1.1 !!!!

this seems to occur only on windows2k, not 98SE and all run ok with 1964.....

it's like i should go to the pj64 forum to get some help now....

so, orkin, your plugin should be ok now if it crashes my pj64 ;)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Voodoo cards only support opengl 1.1, this plugin needs Nvidia opengl extension (by Nvidia geforce 256 or better ) or opengl 1.4 (only by ATI radeon with latest driver). Don't bother if you don't happen to have a correct video card. If you do have a correct one, you need to make sure to use the latest drivers from nvidia or ATI, not the microsoft default driver which supports only a software implementation of opengl 1.1.

BFeely

I have a problem: When using GLNintendo64 in Project64, it crashes when I try to load a savestate. My system specs are:

1.4GHz Athlon
NVidia Geforce3 Ti 200
Detonator drivers 40.72
512 MB PC133 SDRAM
Windows XP SP1, DirectX 8.1

zorbid

Try in 1964, this plugin seems to be more stable in 1964 than in pj64.

Orkin, do you test it with 1964 only?

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
@loleoc http://www.mesa3d.org/

It's an implementation of OpenGL 1.4 that will run on any video card. I downloaded the source, compiled it, and BAM, glNintendo64() ran on my Voodoo 5.

Although, if you look at that screenshot, you can see it's only running at 2 VIs/sec. Software OpenGL is kinda slow... :D Mesa has a Glide backend, but the Windows version hasn't been updated in quite a while, and I can't figure out how to make it compile, anyway.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Actually, I primarily test in Project64, I don't get many crashes in it on my computer, just with certain games...

What game are you trying to load a savestate in? I've tried savestates successfully in Zelda OoT, and a couple other games without any problems. Maybe you can send me the savestate? Hmmm....I need to get an e-mail addy for this...

The problems with bad faces in Mario and Zelda seem to be limited to Radeon 9500 and 9700 users...which is odd. The only thing I can think of is that the plugin isn't utilizing the extra texture stages right...

Funny how Mortal Kombat 4 is "flawless"...I don't even have that ROM. :satisfied

NeTo: The plugin creates an INI file in the plugin folder, or at least it should...

The white Banjo Tooie thing...I'm not sure what's causing that, Banjo Tooie was actually nearly perfect at one point, but I broke it some how.

I'd really like to get it to where Hyrule has only one sun...but it's not a priority right now, unless someone knows how to fix it? Another bug that I believe Dave2001 figured out, is the items in Smash Brothers facing the wrong way...does anyone know what he discovered the problem was there?

I have made some progress on the plugin over the last few days, Mystical Ninja is playable now (although pretty slow in areas), and Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are starting to show some stuff (pretty ugly ATM, but I'm working on it).

Even though I'm making so much progress, I'm going to have to put glN64() on the back burner for a week or so, mid-terms are coming up, and I need to focus on that.

Orkin

icepir8

Orkin said:
Another bug that I believe Dave2001 figured out, is the items in Smash Brothers facing the wrong way...does anyone know what he discovered the problem was there?

Orkin:

You need to impliment gSPInsertMatrix.

Great work! :D

cya Icepir8

MooCowSheep

Orkin said:
The problems with bad faces in Mario and Zelda seem to be limited to Radeon 9500 and 9700 users...which is odd.

I have a Radeon 7500, and the faces are messed up on that. :happy:

gokuss4

Meh...
Orkin said:
I'd really like to get it to where Hyrule has only one sun...but it's not a priority right now, unless someone knows how to fix it?
When Gonetz put in Emulate Clear frame buffer in Glide64, the sun was totally fixed. So you can try to implement that feature in sometime.