What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

Velocity 7

And this is how it is done in Jabo's Direct3D 7 1.4 plugin. In any case, something to look at.

P.S. Jabo's D3D 6 v1.5 can't get this done right for some reason o_O

Dark Stalker

I LOVE glNintendo64!!

.............(And I hate directx btw)

FYI glNintendo64 runs perfectly on linux natively on mupen64, and through wine on 1964 (until mupen can run my games full speed).

Clements

Found a problem with Mario Kart 64. When you fall into the water/lava etc. the game slows down dramatically to a crawl. Other than that, (and the obvious video board) its perfect speed-wise and graphics-wise.

Velocity 7

Those Z-Buffer issues are causing a mess (makes models disappear) and the fairy blending is still a problem. Even after upgrading to the latest reference Det drivers. In any case, how is Orkin? He hasn't talked in quite a while...

EeeK

Feelin bore so tried replaying this great game again usin Orkin's plugin but found some graphic gitches on my 8500. Pls pardon n advise if my setting is wrong.

gln64cfg.jpg

zmm000.jpg

zmm001.jpg

zmm002.jpg
zmm003.jpg
zmm004.jpg

Last edited:

emuexpert

hi i download your plugin but when i click to settings my pj64 says cannot find plugin glNintendo64() v0.3.1.dll or something like that
thnx

Cyberman

hi i download your plugin but when i click to settings my pj64 says cannot find plugin glNintendo64() v0.3.1.dll or something like that
thnx
And... could you tell us what your setup is? Have you had this problem before? Be specific provide details. Orkin isn't likely to answer (school) but I am sure someone here might be able to help you.

Cyb

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Velocity 7 said:
Those Z-Buffer issues are causing a mess (makes models disappear) and the fairy blending is still a problem.

Z-buffer problems are nearly fixed now, the buildings in clock town in MM don't disappear anymore (was a problem in gSPBranchLessZ), and near-clipping issues are about fixed (you can see the whole slingshot when link pulls it back now). A major problem still in MM is that the lighting seems...unstable. Still working on that one...

As cyberman has said, I am busy with school atm, but I am still working on glN64 here and there. Just be patient, and v0.4 will come...

emuexpert

i just put glnintendo in the pj64 plugins ffolder then load pj64 then go to settings and it say s failed to load plugin-glnintendo.dll
:blush: help me anyone
thnx:happy:

Trotterwatch

I'm going to guess that you have WinXP + an Nvidia card and are still using the native drivers... if this is the case then go to http://www.nvidia.com and get the latest drivers.

If it isn't the case then, erm not sure - perhaps upgrading your drivers regardless would be an idea.
/////
EDIT
/////

Just checked you are using an Intel Integrated graphics card aren't you, not too sure if GLnintendo will support this, you should update the drivers regardless to see if that helps.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Orkin said:
Z-buffer problems are nearly fixed now, the buildings in clock town in MM don't disappear anymore (was a problem in gSPBranchLessZ), and near-clipping issues are about fixed (you can see the whole slingshot when link pulls it back now). A major problem still in MM is that the lighting seems...unstable. Still working on that one...

As cyberman has said, I am busy with school atm, but I am still working on glN64 here and there. Just be patient, and v0.4 will come...
Orkin, you said that you fixed a near-clipping issue? I thought those couldn't be fixed due to api limitation?

emuexpert

my pj64 got some errors when i click to settings it says failed to load plugin bla...bla...bla
:baaa: so i can't use glnintendo.dll
help me

Trotterwatch

That is 3 times you have posted the same thing - did you even bother to read my post. With that Integrated Intel POS there is a possibility that it won't work at all - but update the drivers regardless, put it into 16bit colour mode (both in the options and on the desktop) and try again.

In future do not triple post! And do not just blatently ignore anyone who tries to help, regardless of the level of sucess that help attains.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Doomulation said:
Orkin, you said that you fixed a near-clipping issue? I thought those couldn't be fixed due to api limitation?

I'm getting around it by clamping z values between the eye and the near clipping plane to the near clipping plane, that way OGL's clipping doesn't mess it up. There are some z-buffering issues caused by the z clamping, but I believe I can fix it by clipping triangles to the near plane internally, saving the triangles that are clipped off, and clamp z on those. That way the parts of the triangles that are past the near plane will still have correct z, but those that are closer than the near plane won't get clipped.

Orkin

Velocity 7

Nice to know that you're still alive and active. :)

BTW, any thoughts on fixes/workarounds for day transitions in MM? You know, the ones that cause a black screen? :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Orkin said:
I'm getting around it by clamping z values between the eye and the near clipping plane to the near clipping plane, that way OGL's clipping doesn't mess it up. There are some z-buffering issues caused by the z clamping, but I believe I can fix it by clipping triangles to the near plane internally, saving the triangles that are clipped off, and clamp z on those. That way the parts of the triangles that are past the near plane will still have correct z, but those that are closer than the near plane won't get clipped.

Orkin
Wow, that's great! No near-plane clipping issues!
Heh, I got to check the manual to see learn a little more about gfx, i didn't really understand all of that, but don't bother explain :p
It's enough for me that you said you could fix them :D

Way to go! :happy:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I think that that if Orkin wants to, explanations are nice. At least, if you don't understand anything you get the feeling that he is concerned about it and something good will come up.

Just one quick question: ¿How much speed could be lost if doing that approach? Hope is not much...