What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Aristotle900

Well, I've been trying for over a week to get the source to compel, but no matter what I do, it always comes up with an error. :p I've tried many different configurations, researched online, but to no success. Also, I don't know how I'd program a Texture Catching System, hmm..

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
hmm.. would any one like to help him? :)

Rice or Mudlord, are you out there? Anyone else? ;)

microdev

Well, I've been trying for over a week to get the source to compel, but no matter what I do, it always comes up with an error. :p I've tried many different configurations, researched online, but to no success. Also, I don't know how I'd program a Texture Catching System, hmm..

Well I had to struggle a bit with that as well. What you have to do is to download the required SDKs if some includes are missing. But then you will finally run into some linking errors.

That's because the BGMLIB.dll seems to be somehow a wrong version. Thus unpack the BGMLIB.rar, recompile the lib and replace every occurrence of it by the newly compiled one. Now the plugin should compile.

Furthermore, from the short glance I had on the source code, there already seems to be something like a caching for the texture names.
In theory you just have to add your caching algorithm for the actual texture to the load function.

1. check if the name is already cached
2a. If yes, load it from memory instead from hd
2b. If no, load it from hd & cache, allocate the appropiate memory, write it to memory

To do so, you should extend the struct that is holding the texture meta data (name, loading timestamp, etc.)

One strange thing is, when I'm compiling the plugin it shows graphic glitches at runtime, which Mudlord's one didtn't show. Thus either it's an elder version or it's because I'm using VS2005... for compiling.

All I'm writing here is from memory, thus it might not be 100% correct. ;)

Aristotle900

Well I had to struggle a bit with that as well. What you have to do is to download the required SDKs if some includes are missing. But then you will finally run into some linking errors.

That's because the BGMLIB.dll seems to be somehow a wrong version. Thus unpack the BGMLIB.rar, recompile the lib and replace every occurrence of it by the newly compiled one. Now the plugin should compile.

Furthermore, from the short glance I had on the source code, there already seems to be something like a caching for the texture names.
In theory you just have to add your caching algorithm for the actual texture to the load function.

1. check if the name is already cached
2a. If yes, load it from memory instead from hd
2b. If no, load it from hd & cache, allocate the appropiate memory, write it to memory

To do so, you should extend the struct that is holding the texture meta data (name, loading timestamp, etc.)

One strange thing is, when I'm compiling the plugin it shows graphic glitches at runtime, which Mudlord's one didtn't show. Thus either it's an elder version or it's because I'm using VS2005... for compiling.

All I'm writing here is from memory, thus it might not be 100% correct. ;)

Yes, it does cache the names, hence why it shows it's finding all the 'highres' graphics, whenever you load a game. ;)

I'm using VS2008 now, and I got it to compel the other evening..However, yes, I see many graphic problems with it, that aren't in the currently released version, which is disappointing, because it's most likely in the source code.. Which means I'm not going to be tackling it to fix the fog, and try to learn windows programing and add this caching feature, if all the games are going to look like this. :(

However, It's possible it's because of the version of DirectX that it's using. (9.0) And I think it's supposed to use 8.0. I'll look into that later today.

Also, I'm sorry for going so far off topic here..I'll probably start a new thead if my second theory on the graphics problem, is correct.

Gitech, you've seriously transformed this game from the quality of a Nintendo 64 one, to that of one of the newer systems, like PS2 and X-Box 360. :D And I agree with everyone, don't rush, take your time. You're doing great man.

Last edited:

microdev

Right, you maybe should move this discussion to the programming or plugin forum.

I fear that Mudlord accidently didn't upload the latest version of the plugin. Up to my understanding it can't be a DirectX issue as the code dictates the version it's using, isn't it? But I might be wrong there...

Maybe Mudlord will provide us a hint concerning this issue when he's online again.

Unfortunately I don't have time to have another look at the code atm because of my studies. Final exams will take place in February. Maybe I'll find time & interest afterwards.

And gitech: I'm feeling a little bit like saying "the sun is yellow" when I'm writing this because it's simply a fact: Both, your work and dedication are incredible!

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thank you guys!!! Damn. Awesome...I am at a loss for words.

Let's make this happen. You guys are the best!!!

Thanks,
Jay

mudlord88

Banned
fear that Mudlord accidently didn't upload the latest version of the plugin. Up to my understanding it can't be a DirectX issue as the code dictates the version it's using, isn't it? But I might be wrong there...

Maybe Mudlord will provide us a hint concerning this issue when he's online again.

Zuh? What issue, I don't get it....:huh:..

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Merry Christmas everyone!

Aristotle900 and microdev, are you there?

Mudlord, I think they need the latest/correct source code, and/or maybe your advice on how to compile/work on it.

We are trying to look into adding a Texture Caching option, and the DRAM CRC (texture name) bug that causes slowdown (due to them being reloaded from the for every frame).

Thanks and enjoy the holidays,
Jay

Aristotle900

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mudlord, I think they need the latest/correct source code, and/or maybe your advice on how to compile/work on it.

We are trying to look into adding a Texture Caching option, and the DRAM CRC (texture name) bug that causes slowdown (due to them being reloaded from the for every frame).

Thanks and enjoy the holidays,
Jay

I'm here. ;) I'm already working on it.. Have you checked out my version of it? Now the DRAM CRC thing, I haven't looked into yet, will later. It's the full texture caching and pre-loading I'm still working on at the moment, and not going to stop till I succeed. :)

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=46949

microdev

Zuh? What issue, I don't get it....:huh:..
Thanks for your response.

Well, the issues I was talking about are graphical glitches that occur after I (and Aristotle900 as well) compiled your source code.

For example: When I try to play my version of 1080 Snowboarding (1080 Snowboarding (E) [!]) with the version that I compiled, the boarder has wrong colors, the board only appears partially etc. This is not the case with your precompiled version.

Thus I was assumpting that either we did something wrong with the compilation or yours have been another version of the code.

So do you have an idea why the both versions a differing?

Yes, at least from time to time atm. Aristotle900 already did a good job implementing texture caching. (see his thread in the plugin forum). I am still in my exams preparation phase & therefore don't have time for coding till mid february. But there seems to be no need anymore, anyway as Aristotle does great progress w/ the plugin.

Aristotle900: I did not have a chance yet to have a look into your code but why do you have to reload the textures if you switch from full screen to windowed mode? Isn't the only difference between full screen and windowed the scaling of the textures?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Work continues on this project! ;)

Here is a quick "AS IS" pack. It's still not done but it is the most recent work up to this point.

Download: CLOD PACK AS OF 12-30-08

The HUD, the first three levels and some other additions such as the "Tunnel" level are the biggest change.

Give it a try and please post comments! ;) :)

TTYL,
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Awesome guys. Thanks! :D

Shin_Gouki, take a pic of your favorite part so far and post it! ;) :D

I will wrap up the castle wall and continue working on the pack now. :)

Aristotle, how's AV coming along? Has koolsmoky or Gonetz contacted you yet?

Later,
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi everyone,

I just started a new job yesterday at a coin-op game company called ICE. I'm doing surface mount soldering and I think they have plans to use my other talents related to games in the near future after they review my work here on emutalk. So that's cool. But...

My new job is only a couple of miles from where flight 3407 went down. My Aunt and her family live just 10's of blocks away and both of my grandparents grew up and met just about 10 houses down the street from the crash, on Long St in Clarence NY.

My heart goes out to the all the victims and their families.

I have yet to find out if I know any of them so...

Take care and TTYL,
Jay

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hi everyone,

I just started a new job yesterday at a coin-op game company called ICE. I'm doing surface mount soldering and I think they have plans to use my other talents related to games in the near future after they review my work here on emutalk. So that's cool. But...

My new job is only a couple of miles from where flight 3407 went down. My Aunt and her family live just 10's of blocks away and both of my grandparents grew up and met just about 10 houses down the street from the crash, on Long St in Clarence NY.

My heart goes out to the all the victims and their families.

I have yet to find out if I know any of them so...

Take care and TTYL,
Jay
Great t mate!
o hear that Jay! Wishing you the best!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Let's try something new,

Instead of posting screenshots...here are some actual textures from my latest work so you can study them closely and individually.

I have edited some so they can be seen better on the bright background of the forum here, and I compiled the one with the large square and texture in the middle so you can see how it assembles and see how it is displayed in game.

Enjoy!

I use this one as my desktop background! ;) I put a lot of work into this one:
2j62rgx.jpg

Metal banded and bolted wood post:
vijz7t.jpg

Wooden wall of the ship with door:
2zp6txs.jpg

Special wall texture to the secret passage: (edit, I have doubled the size of this texture for display here)
wiq0zl.jpg

Gate texture I spent a lot of time on with colored background so you can see it "in context":
2yl2p7o.jpg

Large door to the Giant Skeleton:
ajksau.jpg

Vertical lift track I spent a lot of time on: (I've doubled the size of this one for display here too)
j61xys.jpg

Wood post with the lever device:
vh9lzk.jpg

Good example to show how I blend textures at edges etc...so that the original separation of different texture surfaces is much less noticeable. This is a compilation of two in game textures and the grass on the edges blends them with the grass textures they also border in game:
mjaqa.jpg

Ground of Giant Skeleton boss, see how effective blending can be: :)
2dqt4e9.jpg

Pine Tree texture, there's even grass on the tree trunk ;) :
23t2il1.jpg

Here' that texture compilation, I had to make the single texture in the center so that it would line up and look good when the game assembled it as 4 pieces as you see it here around the edges:
28uo13n.jpg

Later,
Jay

Last edited:

mode7

Some of them are absolutely great, just to things I've come across. On some of these you can still se the blurry remenants of the original texture, try not too stick so much to the originals. Your work is so good it will work also without using them.

And the tree looks good but the branches could use some shading, looks kinda flat.
The rest is really great, I especially like the wood texture.