What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

mgfcortez

Thanks man but just a second, could you take out that last paragraph. ;)

I'll give you some information if you do!

Change your post and I'll change mine. :) ;)

sorry just read your post:p
i edit it tho what info was you talking about.lol
or was it a url:batman:
anyway thanks for your hard work!!!!

BTW
ctatumt thanks for the help:bouncy:

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yep, you got it! Thanks! ;)

So, new 'information' on the way! Give me a day or so though...

Dude, thanks for all that praise. It really made my day! Have you seen my other texture packs i've worked on? S&P and Body Harvest? Updates to BH comming soon also. ;) :)

mgfcortez

you should get praised you worked your ass off on this.
i'm very happy to have you bad ass pack;)
and i know how hard it is to do things like this,i've never did anything like this but
i've worked hard on sprite editing and making my own games in the past and it takes so much work to get them just to move in game,the old games of mine are not worth linking to them tho:p
anything thats worth anything takes alot of time and work.

like my group have been subbing journey to the west (a Chinese tv show about the monkey king)
and its hard work and takes time and i've even been making my own english dub on the side.
it might take me 16 hours to clean the music then about the same to record the voices.lol
heres my youtube if you want to see it.lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgfcortez

but my point is things like this ppl don't understand how many hours of a mans life gos into it.
and some worthless guy will come along and put your hard work down and its free for everyone but you.
because of all your hours of your life you put into it.
but i'm very thankful for your hard work and i have enjoyed it very much;)
like a whole new game because of you, take care

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Iconoclast wrote:
By your request I am honored. In fact I'm always open to rip requests...in small part because I've never had any except one.
"True Dracula" I am presuming is the Count's adult expression through Malus in the original Castlevania modes rather than Count Dracula or his illusional servant summoned in the coffin chamber.

I'm blushing...:blush:...not really. But, I feel good about the work I've done because you said that.

You are well versed in the story and characters of C64/CLOD. Nice! Your incites and interpretion into these characters are inspiring. But I am referring to Dracul Vlad Tepes True form after he returns to his Malus form and his True Dracul form is forced out from being burned with Holy Water by Charles Vincent. His True Dragon form. You have seen this before, right?

Dracula Ultimate is one f-ck job to rip. To do a classic RGB rip I must hack the game image and remove Cornell's geometry. It is not impossible to rip him with his full figure on screen during battle when he's out in the distance, but to get a confident rip the best chance is to get Cornell's ass out of the way during the battle intro when he flicks on. Alternatively a couple plugins will rip in VRML with textures externally loaded for the model view...I'm sure for you I will do something.

I know you will! :angry:...:woohoo: :silly:

Hey, I have no idea how ripping works. What plugins and programs would one need to do it? Is it something I can learn/try without toooo much trouble?

So, the character has to have no obstruction on screen? Good news, True Dracula has a long introduction sequence with nothing but the ground and sky on the screen and at one point moves across an area of the screen with no background behind him.

So, when you rip a character, you can put the 3D model in another program and manipulate it? I don't know but I hope so. Man that would be cool.

I did rip Dracula's human expression (in his full potential) without retexturing around a month ago.

The last pic on the last page? Isn't it interesting that the famous (Count) Dracula is not the True Dracula and that True Dracul Vlad Tepes only appears in (I think) 2 Castlevania games?

The last dude had me in a fright when I saw him at first while thinking WTF, almost literally has damn written all over him.

Charles Vincent! Yeah! I agree. Hey, have you seen what I did to him?

Also, just curious because I have not gotten any feedback about my pack this late in the game: Have you seen Malus's Demon Horse and what I did to Dracul Vlad Tepes's resurrected human expression when he separates from Malus? I never posted pics of that. Some things have to be kept for those who earn it! ;)

DXT1 works fine for RGB textures. Often there are 'anti-blur' compression artifacts, but clearly you are doing some things differently. I wouldn't have a clue; all of my DXT1 textures are either special or deleted experiments of trying to convert PNG to DXT. :p

Working with PNG's is easier as textures are dumped as PNG's. Is it not worth it to you to convert to DXT (presuming Jabo can make it work 'as it should')?

Also, I wonder if it's possible to have textures dump in DXT. Something like RGB types could be dumped as DXT1 and RGBA and _ALL types could be dumped as an 'optimal' DXT format such as DXT3, DXT5 or one of the other formats that support Alpha.

Yeah it was days ago I kind of felt the temptation to silence myself...Jabo said hopefully when he'd chime in this week he'd see more information from you. Regardless of whether he has the patience I'm sinning with every letter. "Force Alpha Blending" must have side effects. As an option for users to try it must have experimental results in some cases in order to fix others.

Yeah, there is a problem with 'Force Alpha Blending'. For BH it works well for the start screen but messes up the in game screen. I will elaborate more on that in due time.

Opps............I hit 'post quick reply'! Sh-t. Was just spell checking here, but an interesting read ALA Icono doesn't mind. Hmmm...

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
:flowers: Ok, as promised...here's that 'info':

Castlevania LOD v1.2.1 Ghost Ship, Lake Serpent and several other goodies Trial Pack,

Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UBD3RBCZ :party:

Please post comments and feedback with pics your favorite scenes. ;)

Last edited:

martpov

New Castlevania

Hi Gitech,let me know how I can make a donation by Paypal,if you have Paypal
account send your address to [email protected]
Excellent second pack,I will post pictures soon!
I have an issue with the game,only can play with Cornell;I can not choose other
Characters(reinhardt,carrie,henry),why?I think that have a good rom,or not?
To play I use the keyboard.
Thanks!
This project is now finished?
Thanks! and,one more time,best plugin:Glide64 Napalm(run perfect).

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi Gitech,let me know how I can make a donation by Paypal,if you have Paypal
account send your address to (removed)

Really? Awesome! I have not gotten any donations towards this yet. Some time ago someone said they would and I thanked them in advance but never got any actual donation. Anyway, that is great news! Really! Thank you! :) I sent you an email.

BTW: you should remove your email address from your post. You don't want a bot to pick it up and start sending you spam!

Excellent second pack,I will post pictures soon!

Sweet!

I have an issue with the game,only can play with Cornell;I can not choose other
Characters(reinhardt,carrie,henry),why?I think that have a good rom,or not?

That would be because you need to finish the game with Cornell first. ;) Then you can play as Henry, and depending on how many children you rescue during his quest determines what other extras you open up such as the other characters and their different costumes. There is a lot to see, experience and unlock in this game. ;) If done right you 'could' play through this game like 15 times and have it be different every time...ie...different characters, costumes, bosses and endings! :)

To play I use the keyboard.
Thanks!

Unless you are very comfortable using the keyboard you should really get a Logitech Dual Action or equivalent game pad that has analog control sticks. ;)

This project is now finished?

Nope! ;) But there is only about 200-300 textures left to re-redo to change them from the first release to the v1.2 final. I am working on them now. 'This' was just a TRAIL PACK so you guys could see the level of quality that will be in the final pack. Donations would definitely help as I have not worked otherwise during this time and I estimate over 3600 hours has been invested. And now that more than 1000 people have downloaded v1.1 and v1.2 final is nearly complete it would be great if everyone that has downloaded it (and will download v1.2 final) would donate a few of dollars each. ;) That would be very nice. :party: If that happens I will even take the additional time to convert it to Glide64/Napalm so that no textures will be missing!

I will take the chance for a day or two to post my paypal email address so that everyone can donate if they wish. I will remove it from this post soon though so....

My paypal email address is: [email protected]

To donate just use the 'send money' money option on paypal's website. ;)

Thanks! and,one more time,best plugin:Glide64 Napalm(run perfect).

Yep, no slowdown, but some missing textures. Like I said I may convert it though. ;)

Thanks again and to everyone that donates...THANK YOU!!! ;) :)

TTYL,
Jay

PS: Oh, I realized the "v1.2.1" pack should really be named like "v1.1.9" or something as it is just a small portion of the "v1.2 Final" pack that has not been finished/released yet. My bad! :)

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
death--droid,

Really?! Well...I will send you a copy on 2 CD's or a DVD when it's done for the cost of postage. Post again when I release "v1.2 Final" to remind me and we will set it up.

Here are some before and after pics of the work I am doing on the items:

Enjoy!
11ruc1l.jpg
9sugyc.jpg

35n6cma.jpg
2saikog.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yep, that's the key! ;) I cut it up into three pieces:

1. End you would hold in your hand to turn it.
2. Shaft.
3. End that operates the lock.

Then Shadow them individually and feather them back together. This was to get the correct shadowing for each piece that has different thicknesses. Then adjusted the brightness/contrast and voilà! :) A nice key for LOD.

How about the 'Power-up'?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
New v1.2 Final pics:
1. Hidden Tunnel Lo-res.
2. Hidden Tunnel Hi-Res! Also, new Axe!

Enjoy!
2zsn2fm.jpg

2wpjmg2.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yep, they should be different than the rock cliff wall. ;) they are also a very artificial shape so if I made them look like rock...you'd be like "Natural rock doesn't form like that" so that's why I stuck with the man-made formation look. ;)

Thanks guys!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Some ideas mate: do you still think about the HUD redesign?
You could probably borrow some ideas of the new Castlevania Judgment Game for the Wii, because IMHO the HUD there looks great!
If you are interested: here you go!