What's new

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

qisaac

Ok while playing gauntlet legends for the 64 i used your plugin so that I could see everything now while trying to enter the first are I got an error, and when I redid it in the debug version of the plugin. it freaked out and kept showing this over and over and over.

Warning, unknown ucode PC=002BEDD8: 0x7fff0bad 0x7fff0bad
Stack Trace
00211C78
PC=002BEDE0

how can this be fixed?

P

Pokemaniacs

that would be, because nothing emulates gauntlet legends properly.

Not true. I tried the new 1964 v1.1 with its own video plugin and the game works well and I have completed a few areas.

It is very playable with no noticeable glitch that will affect gameplay.

death--droid

Hmm I'll go have a look see if there is any real difference in the coding :p
For now i need someone to point me towards where the framebuffer emulation is done in Glide64 and Rice Video, I think i found it but I'm not sure.

EDIT:
h4tred you're email went dodgy with google.
It keeps saying there is no such user :p

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Pj64 is crashing when I try to use the debug version with hi res textures. I need to use the debug for the frame by frame function.

Mollymutt

Yep... thanks!
I'm also having a problem with Diddy Kong Racing. This just started happening. I'm not getting anything but the background on the overworld.

Last edited:

death--droid

For what?
The Video plugin that zip i uploaded included the ini that I've being using(I haven't changed settings)

microdev

Hmmmm. very strange. This never happened to me before.

If this is the version I posted with the fix for the debug mode & windows vista, it uses the Rice ini and registry entries. If the version you used before has been the Aristotle one, you have to rename your ini file and also reconfigure some settings or rename the corresponding registry key.

Furthermore this is, besides the fix, the Mudlord v6.1.4 build. I don't remember if I added more than 4x hires support in this one. Maybe death--druid did it in this build? Otherwise it will just support 4x textures.

For what?
The Video plugin that zip i uploaded included the ini that I've being using(I haven't changed settings)

The general configuration options are not stored in the ini. They are stored in the windows registry. The ini contains just game-specific settings. But renaming the ini might help anyway.

That's the entry for Diddy Kong Racing:

Code:
{0d4302e49dfcfcd2-45}
Name=Diddy Kong Racing
AccurateTextureMapping=2
NormalColorCombiner=1

*EDIT*

Just checked the ini shipped with the file. It is corrupt - or at least it contains just 4 entries (?!). Thus Mollymut adding the entry I posted above should fix your problem. But even better would be to take a proper Rice ini and copy the content to that one. Otherwise you'll run into similar problems with other games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.