What's new

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinipsmaker

C/C++ programmer, emacs user
aludrac.. said:
As a texture maker : - Would it be possible to have parallax/displacement mapping to enhance the textures. A lot of today ports of old games have this feature and it's very useful when you can't enhance the polygons number. They are GPL, it shouldn't be hard to port their code to the rice video plug-in. http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/ for example. - A layer for reflectivity would be nice too :) - A dev mode where it's possible to quick reload textures to see the changes and allow easy tuning of contrast, saturation, seamless tiling...

This message was posted at http://code.google.com/p/aristole-video/wiki/DeveloperTodo.

microdev

Hey Rice do you have any ideas on what to add on to the plugin?

My recommendation: create a basis for further development first, meaning to lower the obstacles for new developers to get involved. I think commenting the source code is the key here.

As a positive site effect it helps yourself to understand the code better. It will be a pain in the ass when you intend to change anything (even your own code) if you haven't touched the sources for a view month (even weeks) if they are not commented.

Furthermore it can cause strange effects if code from the linux version is ported to the windows rice plugin without understanding the reasons for the changes. You sure do but please comment what these changes do.

Daniel15

All files can be downloaded here

I'm noticing an issue when a game is fullscreen - It seems to "jump around" every so often (can't think of a better word to describe it, kinda like the screen is shaking or something)? Windowed mode works fine. I've got Windows XP with DirectX 9.0c, and am using an "ATI Mobility Radeon X1400". Texture enhancement is set to HQ4x, but the same problem happens when enhancement is turned off.
Edit: Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1beta6 and 6.1.4 have the same issue :(

Last edited:

death--droid

:p
Thanks for the bug report!
Also just wondering everyone should i add the Rice Video Linux gtk modifications to this?

vinipsmaker

:p
Thanks for the bug report!
Also just wondering everyone should i add the Rice Video Linux gtk modifications to this?

GTK+ 3 will be released. It's better wait the new version. The new version will be better.

Why do you want add the gtk codes to aristotle now?

vinipsmaker

Actually the better term for it is to port the changes from Rice Video Linux :p

Okay, but GTK+ is a library to draw the GUI. It's very used in linux. It's portable (it's very boring port the actual version). Maybe the version 3 will be more portable.
GTK+ or Qt for Linux and cross-plataform aplications and DirectX for Windows-only.

EDIT:
I think GTK+ and Qt more powerful than DirectX (GUI) too.
Qt is even RGBA.
GTK+ 3 will be wonderful if the developers finish the planned features before the release.

Qt (or GTK+ 3) could be used for both (Linux and Windows versions). But now is better improve compatibility (and other things).

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Alright, I see how to pause with the debug plugin, but how do I get to advance one frame at a time?

You put "1" into the text box right to the "Pause At Next" button, and select "Frame" from the pull-down list next to it, then use "Pause At Next" to advance one frame at a time.

Do you read "Pause At Next", "1", "Frame" ?

H

h4tred

Okay, but GTK+ is a library to draw the GUI. It's very used in linux. It's portable (it's very boring port the actual version). Maybe the version 3 will be more portable.
GTK+ or Qt for Linux and cross-plataform aplications and DirectX for Windows-only.

EDIT:
I think GTK+ and Qt more powerful than DirectX (GUI) too.
Qt is even RGBA.
GTK+ 3 will be wonderful if the developers finish the planned features before the release.

Qt (or GTK+ 3) could be used for both (Linux and Windows versions). But now is better improve compatibility (and other things).

*facepalm*

I'm sorry, I just can't work under these conditions.:(

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
frame limiting seems to really suck with rice video.

by that i mean it jumps like crazy

its not my system im sure of that because its capable of > 120% speed with frame limiting off.

disabling the framelimting and using audio synching there are no problems what so ever with performance, and theres none in glide64 or the official plugins :\

Status
Not open for further replies.