What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cel shader revamped! cdiddy7 hybrid (REAL SHADER)

cdiddy7

Happy new everybody, Last time I started a topic I had a very basic cel shader release. But thats not the case this time, now we're talking some real kick ass post processing shading with minimal texture corruption.

cdiddycel7copy.jpg

cdiddycel5copy.jpg

enb2009_1_7_1_13_38copy.jpg

cdiddycel1copy.jpg

cdiddycel10copy.jpg

cdiddycel11copy.jpg

cdiddycel13copy.jpg

cdiddycel12copy.jpg

cdiddycel2copy.jpg

cdiddycel3copy.jpg

cdiddycel4copy.jpg

cdiddycel6copy.jpg

cdiddycel8copy.jpg

cdiddycel9copy.jpg

This a combination of the same technique I introduced last topic with mudlords altered d3d9.dll a long with something a lot of you might have been playing with ENB's enbseries directx 9 shader mod with my altered edge detect effect.txt and color palette to work with enbseries along with mudlords altered d3d9.dll from timeslip.

IMPORTANT:
In the screen-shots I had use super sampling to anti alias the edge effect unless you don't mind jagged black line you should download Riva tuner and use 2x1 or 2x2 super sampling. 4x4 would have the best effect but more than likely would give you low frame rates I use 2x2 with a 640mb 8800 gts.
riva2.jpg

riva1.jpg

enbpalette.jpg

This time instead of using a shader for the color gradients I took advantage of enb's enbpalette.bmp and created one to mimic the gradients by the bright and dark areas of the game instead of color alone.

Requires Project64 1.7, Rice 6.1.3 video in directx9 (maybe later Ver.) and I would recommend a pixel shader 3 video card.

Installation:
Copy or move all files included to root directory where the emulator main .exe file is located

Dowload:
http://files.filefront.com/cdiddy7+Hybrid+celrar/;12894995;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

Terranigma

Amazing, simply amazing!

Gee, I wonder if it's compatible with the latest Rice video just released the other day. I better go check.

Thommo

First of all 1 word, WOW!

Secondly.....I can't seem to get that effect lol.....I downloaded the files and did what was asked, and I am using PJ64 1.7 aswell as Rice 6.1.3 aswell as a previous d4rk.dll file from before.....and it seems to be working as I can see the enb logs in the top left hand corner of the screen, but the only effect I seem to get when I press shift+F12 is a very strong bloom effect......most certainly not the lovely cell shading/oil paint effect seen here which is highly confusing me lol.

At this point I am wondering if the wrong shaderfx file was included by accident considering there is also a readme file with nothing written in it also.....

OP
C

cdiddy7

Oh yeah this wont work with the d4rk.dll and patched .exe you'll need to delete the d4rk.dll and replace the .exe with the original.

Thommo

Okay cheers pal, hang on I'll try that now.......

EDIT

Downloaded a fresh PJ64 1.7 and a fresh Rice 6.1.4 which also contains 6.1.3 dx9 and still the same thing....copied the files in and still nothing unless I press shift+f12 which only gives me a strong bloom effect....enb appears to be loaded as I can see it's logs in the corner of the window......something is amiss here I think and I have a strong feeling it's something of nothing.

Are you sure that the correct shaderfx file was included pal ? Because I tried what you suggested and it didn't work, I even tried a fresh PJ64 download in a minimalist standalone folder and the same thing happened there with the same required plugin and files.

It's also worth noting that I have a Geforce 8800GTX and so it's not a card or driver issue.....I also have different instances of PJ64 1.7 on my system however I am certain that each folder is self contained anyhow so I don't think that's the problem either....I think it's the wrong shaderfx file accidentally included in the download to be honest because I can't imagine what else it could possibly be.

One last thing to note is that as it stands I am not using any texture packs.....I don't know if you were in the example screenshots, I just know I am getting anything but that effect for some reason lol.

Last edited:

Thommo

I have followed the instructions as stated, and even done so in a fresh PJ64 folder...and still not the effect intended, I have tried the update but it is saying no update necessary so my directx is obviously up to date.

I can confirm however that my PJ64 is being a bitch tonight, nothing regarding shaders is working....even the fakehdr.fx files I had working before are not working now for some reason and I can't understand why. Computers are a pain in the arse lol.

Thommo

cdiddy how exactly are you getting that effect ? are you using this file in conjunction with a texture pack ? Because I've tried for a day or so now to get the effect shown in the screenshot and so far I've had anything but....

I have linked my problem with the bloom back to the d3d9.dll file that comes with the download, as if I use one from earlier shader files.....like the one for vivd cell shade for example it works as it should....but no matter what I still cannot get that effect that you have shown in the screenshots and I just wondered how you got it.

OP
C

cdiddy7

Thommo I've tested the files I've uploaded, and they all work fine on my rig.
Using a texture pack will not have no effect on how the shader operates at all except cosmetically.
All functions of the shader will be traced back to the d3d9.dll so you can't really diagnose the problem that way, And the fakehdr.fx only function is to desaturated color this time round.

If I could make this less of a pain in the ass i would.

Downloading the d3dx9_26.dll and placing it in your emulators root folder might help , it fixes problems for some people using ENB
http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/d3dx9_26.zip

If anyone else experiencing these problems or any other please post them here it would help fix any bugs with the shader.

Be sure you have all files in your emulators folder, they are all needed;

d3d9.dll
d3d9COL.dll
effect.txt
enbpalette.bmp
enbseries.ini
fakehdr.fx
(Use the included enbseries.ini not your own edit)

EDIT:
Also here's a link to a cleaned up fakehdr.fx file. I got rid of everything except its saturation functions. I don't believe it alone will fix your problem but give it a shot.
http://files.filefront.com/fakehdrfx/;12914046;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

Thommo

Thanks for the help pal, much appreciated....but they haven't worked for me....I hope this is not a major oversight lol, but by chance what Ocarina rom are you using ? As I am using the Master Quest version.

Thommo

Yes Cerebrus my PC is more than capable as I have no problem playing other texture packs....I have a dual core 3ghz AMD CPU, 2GB RAM, and a Geforce 8800GTX so my PC is up to snuff it's just this package isn't working for some reason no matter what I try.....I'm about to try the earlier d3dcol.dll file now but I don't hold out much hope as nothing so far has worked, hopefully I've just jinxed it lol.

EDIT

No such luck, still only getting a strong bloom effect when I press SIFT+F12 and absolutely nothing happens otherwise or when I press the + key on the numberpad....I can't fathom this one out unless it needs a specific ROM and I happen to be using the wrong one or something.....because my PC is more than capable, my diretx is up to date and it SHOULD be working and I can't think why it is flat out refusing to do so.

Last edited:

neo2008

pleas help me

Wo can me say what progamm must i take for ati cards for the direct3d twearks settings the rivertuner woks not at the ati cards
thanks for the help
Neo2008:bouncy:

neo2008

Thanks for the help

Yes i have take the ati tray toll is not so god i ned e progamm what have the same
wo the Direkt3d tweaks from the ravertuner the Gamer coretur and the superantilasing 2*2 i have a ati 4870x2 what must i tu for the best lock for the zelda mod

Thanks for the help

Neo2008:bouncy:

Last edited:

Thommo

neo2008 if you are going to hijack a thread instead of creating ur own then at least be polite to others about what ur doing instead of steaming in with ur problem....ur post should really have been a seperate thread, a little effort goes a long way with people :)

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Okay, I just downloaded the files posted and put them in my PJ64 directory and nothing happens. What an I doing wrong here?