What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cel shader revamped! cdiddy7 hybrid (REAL SHADER)

Thommo

probably same as me, nothing.....i followed the instructions down to a T and no matter what else i tried i still could not get this to work or get the effects shown.....seems to be very hit and miss as to what machines it will work on and i don't mean specifications as mine are very good for this sort of thing and it still refused to work. but the author insists that all the files are in check and yet despite his help i still couldnt get it working.....i wouldnt mind hearing from other people who did manage to get it working to see exactly what they did.

Thommo

I have a feeling at least one person didn't read:

Yes more than likely.....wasn't me though, seeing as how I have PJ64 1.7 and a Geforce 8800GTX card - something is amiss somewhere and nobody has come on yet to tell exactly if it works for them and how they did it......did you get it working x-fi6 ? care to share ?

Last edited:

Yogi

It looks great!! However, the system requirement is kinda high. :(

Even playstation emulator plugins can do such effects on a P4 era system.

SycoSpartan

made an acount just to say that i got this to work

amd athlon xp 2500+
512mb ram :S
geforce 6600

runs fine in windowed mode

Yogi

OK, i got it working.

I re-download the 2 files (as given by cdiddy7): d3d9COL.dll & fakehdr.fx, and makes sure that the 6.1.4 plugin is taken out from the plugin folder, use only 6.1.3. (6.1.4 does not work & it's seems that there's some kind of conflict between the 2)

And it works great on my system. :D

Last edited:

Yogi

One down side is that if i were to load from a save state, the effects will be gone.

Update: I'm experiencing another problem with this feature. If i end a game & tries to load another, the plugin will not be able to initialise the DirectX9 renderer again. It not affects project64, but also other programs utilising directx! I have to do a reboot. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Thommo

Just popped back in to say I still haven't had any luck at all with this.....I followed Yogi's advice more recently and still couldn't get it to work properly.

To be honest at this point I'd be forever grateful if somebody who has it working properly would be good enough to PM me their PJ64 folders as is, minus any personal info obviously....no need to send the PJ64.exe as i already have my own....this would be a last resort at which point if it still didn't work then the issue would most definitely be system related but at least this would rule out any conceivable configuration mistakes......any takers and I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Reflectionist

Great work with this shader. It is working very well for me. My only problem is that the cel shading and some of the outlines seem to disappear or diminish in darkness and at night. I've tried changing some values in enbseries.ini but that doesn't seem to have any affect. Do have any suggestions?

Yogi

Just popped back in to say I still haven't had any luck at all with this.....I followed Yogi's advice more recently and still couldn't get it to work properly.

To be honest at this point I'd be forever grateful if somebody who has it working properly would be good enough to PM me their PJ64 folders as is, minus any personal info obviously....no need to send the PJ64.exe as i already have my own....this would be a last resort at which point if it still didn't work then the issue would most definitely be system related but at least this would rule out any conceivable configuration mistakes......any takers and I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

You can try downloading my re-complied files, just unrar them into your PJ64 folder. It works for both project64 1.6 & 1.7.

http://www.4shared.com/file/90457232/46b48a00/cdiddy7_Cel__recompiled_.html

My only gripe is that if i were to run a few games one after another to test, the plugin will somehow disable the directx9 renderer & i have to reboot for it to work again.

Last edited:

cerebus5

I've been having trouble getting it to work since I moved over to Vista 64 otherwise I'd give it to you to try out. The best effect is the bloom one IMO.

Which version of the bloom do you have there btw? There were a few revisions iirc.

Thommo

Thanks for that yogi, however it's still not working properly......the problem I'm having is that I can get the thing to load no problem and appear to be working fundamentally, however the problem I'm having is that no matter what I try I can't seem to get the oil painting effect shown.....all I always get is a strong bloom effect that's it - talk about frustrating!

Cerebus5 I appreciate the gesture, also I wasn't aware of any such bloom I just assumed/figured that the effect in the fakehdr.fx file given was the oil painting effect as shown.....however It's refusing to work for me even though I have everything it should require and it should be easy enough to get working I don't usually have this problem that's why it's so frustrating because it is working but is refusing to do so properly as I always get the bloom effect and not the effect I want which is the effect shown in the pictures on page1.

Is there a specific version of PJ64 1.7 that this requires or will any work ? I am currently using the latest beta build....I tried to use an earlier version but they were spitting errors out at me about user account with the website and so on even though I have a legit account and was logged in grrrrrr!

Last edited:

Yogi

Thanks for that yogi, however it's still not working properly......the problem I'm having is that I can get the thing to load no problem and appear to be working fundamentally, however the problem I'm having is that no matter what I try I can't seem to get the oil painting effect shown.....all I always get is a strong bloom effect that's it - talk about frustrating!

Cerebus5 I appreciate the gesture, also I wasn't aware of any such bloom I just assumed/figured that the effect in the fakehdr.fx file given was the oil painting effect as shown.....however It's refusing to work for me even though I have everything it should require and it should be easy enough to get working I don't usually have this problem that's why it's so frustrating because it is working but is refusing to do so properly as I always get the bloom effect and not the effect I want which is the effect shown in the pictures on page1.

Is there a specific version of PJ64 1.7 that this requires or will any work ? I am currently using the latest beta build....I tried to use an earlier version but they were spitting errors out at me about user account with the website and so on even though I have a legit account and was logged in grrrrrr!

Did you try enabling texture enhancement like 2xSai? I think you have to enable it. My PJ64 1.7 version is 1.7.0.49.

Lastly, did you install the latest directx? i think it's dated nov 2008.

So far, these are the steps that i had taken to get it work. Not to forget, use only 6.1.3 directx9 plugin & a pixel shader card.

P.S. Once a while, i also got only the bloom effect, shut down the emulator & try again.

Last edited:

Reflectionist

It seems that I only get the oil painting effect when the d3d9COL.dll is not present in the main directory. Try moving/deleting d3d9COL.dll and running it that way. Maybe the fact that I'm not using this file has something to do with the oil painting effect diminishes at night for me, but if i do use it my game is just as you describe: bloom, no oil painting effect. As for needing PJ64 1.7, I don't believe that this is the case, as I am using 1.6 and it seems to be working for me, albeit only partially.

Last edited:

Thommo

Still nothing guys - I updated the directx runtimes, ran it with the COL file present aswell as removed, checked and unchecked SAI and always the same old story nothing but bloom.

I'm also using the latest PJ64 1.7.0.49........

For what it's worth my system specs in relation to the graphics card is a Geforce 8800GTX which to my knowledge is a pixel shader 3 card......I also have 2gb ram and a 3ghz dual core AMD cpu.

I'm really at a loss at this point, my previous suggestion is still in effect for anyone that wants to take me up on that. I think that's the best route to go down.....for someone who has it working to send me their file config as is - then if it still won't work I know it is somehow some way system related which I currently doubt it is.

Last edited:

Thommo

Thanks Reflectionist I'm just testing out your files now so I will let you know how I get on, but I just wanted to thank you for uploading your file I appreciate it! :)

EDIT

I was finally able to get this to work properly by using someone else's folder.....strangely enough it does not work when I click to load a new game no matter what, and yet under the exact same circumstances it will work when I instead click on a recent rom game that PJ64 cache's into it's menu....weird.

Last edited: