What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hmmm,

Interesting, can you post pics (screen shots) all of your Windows Explorer windows for the following directories:

1. main directory for 1964 (looks like ......1964/099)
2. plugin
3. hires_texture

and pics of your settings for the emu and plugins?

That way I can see for myself and I can help. :)

jadeanderson

Hey GI! Thanks for the offer.

Here are some problems:

BestFit.jpg

Error.jpg

Probably due to this:

Problem.jpg

Since it doesn't support Pixel Shading and kicks me back to Best Fit. It also allows only 2X Anisotropic Filtering.

Here are the other shots:

099.jpg

Plugins.jpg

hires_texture.jpg

ChangePlugins.jpg

GeneralOptions.jpg

TextureEnhancement.jpg

GameDefaultOptions.jpg

CurrentGameOptions.jpg

ConfigureInput.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Driscol,

Step 1: Don't short post an answer that contradicts what I recommend. Especially without giving a good explanation for your recommendation.

jadeanderson,

Hmmm, I don't really know what the problem is. Everything looks OK. What OS are you running? Can you fill out your PC specs in your profile so I can see what system you are trying to run it on?

Here is a couple things you can try for now:

1. Update your video card driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

2. Try choosing each of the "combiner type" options under the "DirectX Tab" individually (manually) starting from the bottom of the list and work your way up till you find one that works best (if at all).

Anyone else that may be able to help,

Does anyone know what the error that jadeanderson got means or why he got it?

This one:
Error.jpg

Last edited:

jadeanderson

Here's the OS:

System.gif

And what NVIDIA says to my driver:

driver.gif

I'll experiment with the Combiner Types.

Thanks!

<IMAGE REMOVED>

Last edited by a moderator:

jadeanderson

Upgraded to GeForce 6200

Now I get the 16X option on Anisotropic Filtering

I can play Sin and Punishment with hi-rez textures without the catastrophic slowdown I was experiencing on the GeForce 2

But still no joy on LOD. Neither Mudlord nor Napalm load the textures. I sometimes get a split-second glimpse of the "loading hi-rez textures if available" dialogue, but the game loads the default textures after that.

jadeanderson

I tried a diferent copy of the LOD ROM and now the textures load.

The Konami and KCEK screens are still the default ones but everything else looks like your hi-rez work.

To quote Vader: "Impressive. Most impressive."

Time to lay down some hurt on Vlad Tepish's minions.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yeah! Good, good, good! :bouncy:

The KCEK screen and other new stuff is in v1.2 and it's not out yet, so your loading everything in the pack that you DL'ed.

Feel free to post pics of your favorite parts. :party:

(You should be able to take screenshots with 1964 at 1024x768 if you set it for that even if your screen only displays 640x480.)

jadeanderson

That "SP DMA WRITE" error is caused by Jabo's sound plugin. It works on PJ64, but doesn't like 1964 on my computer, so I've been using WIP 2 with Old School Sync.

If I get time I'll figure out what file names the Konami and KCEK screens have, copy your snapshots of them from the beginning of the thread, and add them to the pack (hee hee.)

The game sure runs smoothly. Those blue frog guys move slowly but look like they're 60 FPS.

I could rip open the bad ROM too. I wonder if it is a variant with different file names...

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
If you are viewing this now and it is messed up please note that I am just experimenting with something new. I am trying to make a mouse over image changing code to display here. The purpose is to see an instant comparison of a scene between Lo and Hi-res. Is this even possible here in the forum?

Last edited:

microdev

No, I don't think that this is possible as html-code is disabled.

For placing your moseover event you would have to encode it in javascript, which won't be executed without having html-code enabled in the forum.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thank you. Do you know of anything that can change an image back and forth by itself and can be inserted here like an IMG?

microdev

The only possibility that comes to my mind is an animated GIF. That way you could every 2 seconds or so let the image automatically switch between the original and the retextured one.

But I don't see any possibility doing this with a mouse-over event trickered by a user. And I neither think the mods will enable html code because of security reasons.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The only possibility that comes to my mind is an animated GIF. That way you could every 2 seconds or so let the image automatically switch between the original and the retextured one.

But I don't see any possibility doing this with a mouse-over event trickered by a user. And I neither think the mods will enable html code because of security reasons.
The mods can't activat it afaik, only the admin should be able to do this and you can see based on all the bot attacks, that martin wasn't here for a loooong time.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Oh well. Thanks for the input guys. It would be nice though for a website that can host pics to be able to allow a user to flip images from "here" in the forum. Any ideas? A hosting website that can do this? :)

I have discovered something completely new to me in LOD. If you are in vamp state before 11:45pm in the game you will turn into a vampire at midnight and die. The time thing may not be correct but that is when it happened to me. Guess what this means...I have to go back and get every character (including both costumes for each) to become a vamp and wait for them to turn. =]

:alucard: New pics of v1.2 in progress:

1. Reinhardt changing into a vampire.
2. Reinhardt's second costume from the back. Now my favorite costume!
3. Horse, Malus and Reinhardt. Fence now fixed. Blue reins will be done.
4. Spider Chicks in the Tunnel (lo-res)
5. Spider Chicks in the Tunnel (Hi-res)

29bez5l.jpg

334uibl.jpg

103z7g1.jpg

2il288g.jpg

2hfhts5.jpg

Last edited:

Mollymutt

I have refrained from comment until now, but I can't keep quiet any more. This is one of the best retexture projects ever. Great job!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
:cheers: Thank you Mollymutt. I really appreciate it! Though every texture artist here does great work! Like you with your accomplishment of creating the first 100% finished Super Mario 64 re-texture pack (congratulations) and your work on Paper Mario 64. I am going to bump your 100% SM64 pack thread as it deserves to be seen, and since it's been awhile since someone has posted there... it has fallen off the board(over 1 month). :plain:

For those just tuning in there are new pics of v1.2 in progress at the bottom of the previous page. :)

Last edited: