What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

SavageHunter

Just a (probably stupid) question. Why hasnt anybody edited bosses? They seem like a worthy (but difficult) cause. Well, I'm thinking of doing showing off my skills, or at least trying, but it seems all of the projects that are left are big projects like temples and such. While I'm not ready to take on a temple, I can probably take on something minor. I kind of want to do the Shadow Temple though...I think it would be fun. Its very dark and creepy, I like drawing that sort of stuff, so maybe I can do that. If I retexture it, and I think it looks kind of good, then I'll post pictures. :p

EDIT: JEEZ! The textures are so hard! And GIMP sucks! I never realized the limitations until I started doing stuff like this. The layers on my GIMP don't even work properly... -_- Its incredibly annoying. I have the perfect image in my head, but I can't seem to recreate it. (Those metal doors are a real pain)

Also, I've come to an annoying revelation. Anybody who retextures "The Bottom of the Well" has retextured 60%-70% of the Shadow Temple...

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

@SavageHunter I think most people don't do the bosses because there afraid of making them look dodgy plus they are quite hard things to do, it would be awesome if someone could work on them as at the moment the creates and people are the least textured, also about the Shadow Temple I'm pretty sure seftheserb is working on that but I haven't seen him around recently.
@Everyone sadly I will have to delay the pack for about 6 hours due to the uploading failing at something like 610/670 :( But you can all like on the bright side I have no actually managed to compress the pack without my computer going spastic. So here is the rundown on how compressed/optemized the pack is.

Unoptimized = 752mb
Optimized = 670mb
Compress Archive = 498mb

So on the bright side you guys won't have to download so much.

ChrisHighwind

Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I was hoping to be one of the first people to get the new pack, but unfortunately, my timezone is GMT -4, so I'll be asleep when the pack comes out. Oh, well, I'll get it when I wake up, and in the meantime I can always enjoy v4 to tide me over. I'm a patient guy. Plus this pack will definitely be worth the wait, I just know it. I'm not much of a poster here at emutalk, but this place is great for quality retextures, and this one is no exception.

SavageHunter

@SavageHunter I think most people don't do the bosses because there afraid of making them look dodgy plus they are quite hard things to do, it would be awesome if someone could work on them as at the moment the creates and people are the least textured, also about the Shadow Temple I'm pretty sure seftheserb is working on that but I haven't seen him around recently.
@Everyone sadly I will have to delay the pack for about 6 hours due to the uploading failing at something like 610/670 :( But you can all like on the bright side I have no actually managed to compress the pack without my computer going spastic. So here is the rundown on how compressed/optemized the pack is.

Unoptimized = 752mb
Optimized = 670mb
Compress Archive = 498mb

So on the bright side you guys won't have to download so much.

Oh, I thought so (in regards to the bosses), hm, well, practice makes perfect... Also, theres less textures in that temple than I thought.Mostly because of the Well.
That sucks, well, its not too late, so I guess its cool.

Datadayne

K, this is close to the final version. Still gonna add the bump maps for the floor and wall.
2rwqjpd.png

Gotta work on another project for a while,, been focusing too much on this, lol. I'll get you guys the image sequence in a few days, Ill have to render it on my other computer which has a much faster processor. But when I get back I'll work on the market, maybe the entrance too.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Now, now that is bloody amazing.
Brilliant job Datadyne!

EDIT:
Uploading 30% done

Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
DUDE! You said the 31st! DB I haven't submitted anything past the hearts, I was going to upload all my work tonight since I've been busy with work. T.T

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Turpinator, yes i very well said the 31st but I also stated the timezone i was talking about (GMT+10 or EST) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=396
If you upload them now I'll stop the upload and add them to the pack, it will just add about another 5 hours but It would be better to have a more complete pack.
By the way the upload has done 40% with 3 hours to go, it would be about 5 more hours if Turpinator gets his stuff uploaded soon.

Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
I'm doing it, and for the record, you said you were uploading the pack at nine in the morning on the 30th. Even if you lived 12 timezones away that would still be way too early. Anyways, I'm getting only what I editted posted in their respective folders that they were worked on from.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized only after I posted. >_> You live in Australia. Anyways, here's what I've done so far:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wl3l762evhxsz5v

I didn't get everything done for the map screens, but the items are effectively done. For the most part the game looks neater for the icons, now I just need to find the stuff that was overlooked and stuff that needs refining.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

No it was 1:34 am today where i live when i actually started to upload the pack. :p
EDIT:
Oh woops you just edited your post
I'll add them in then restart the uploading.

Last edited:

xZabuzax

Nice, with turpinator work the pack is gonna be more awesome. I don't mind if the pack is delayed by 2 more days, i just hope that by that time Datadayne also upload his work because is looking DAMN awesome!!!

Anyways like always, awesome work dudes.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@xZabuzax as glad as i would wait 2 days I'd prefer to get this uploaded on time for once XD

EDIT: Beginning uploading.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I'm doing it, and for the record, you said you were uploading the pack at nine in the morning on the 30th. Even if you lived 12 timezones away that would still be way too early. Anyways, I'm getting only what I editted posted in their respective folders that they were worked on from.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized only after I posted. >_> You live in Australia. Anyways, here's what I've done so far:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wl3l762evhxsz5v

I didn't get everything done for the map screens, but the items are effectively done. For the most part the game looks neater for the icons, now I just need to find the stuff that was overlooked and stuff that needs refining.

God bless you turp, this was exactly what I was going to ask to be in the V5 Pack. Thank you :)

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Uploading done 20%
EDIT:
Uploading done 30%
EDIT2:
Uploading done 40%
EDIT3:
Uploading done 50%

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Some of the static backgrounds will only work in 1964 Video, since Glide64 requires all of them to be split into separate images.
One note I will probably splitting 1964 Video away again and renaming it to something a bit newer
EDIT:
DAMN have to restart uploading, just got a stupid BSOD

Last edited:

SavageHunter

Oh, ok then. That makes sense. When do you think you'll do that (what you originally posted... Not talking about your edit, which is a bummer. Well, try, try again?)

... I wanted to say something else. But I forgot... Shoot.

Last edited:

Hey! Listen!

Some of the static backgrounds will only work in 1964 Video, since Glide64 requires all of them to be split into separate images.
One note I will probably splitting 1964 Video away again and renaming it to something a bit newer
EDIT:
DAMN have to restart uploading, just got a stupid BSOD

Yeah see there's my problem. First you said you couldn't optimize the pack due to "computer problems" which makes no sense. Now you apparently don't know how to upload. Then someone is saying you live in Australia. Well in Australia they speak English and it doesn't look like English is you first language. Something is definitely just a little bit off with you.

After v5 is released I highly suggest the artists find another way to handle this project. Sending all your work to this droid clown is not the way to do it.

He's not the droid you're looking for.