What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

winfy

PsyMan said:
That's great! Why don't you make only one patch that applies to all the versions of the game and just fixes the crash?

you can use my patch with all versions!
In my opinion it was better to make a collection of all known problems of masterquest ;)

If some more people want only a crashfix i would do that, but Cowering would kill me because of the mass of patches ;)

cu winfy

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
winfy said:
you can use my patch with all versions!
In my opinion it was better to make a collection of all known problems of masterquest ;)
It is good that this patch applies to all the version. :) But I meant that it should fix the crash without changing the region code (or anything else on the header of each rom)

winfy said:
If some more people want only a crashfix i would do that, but Cowering would kill me because of the mass of patches ;)
I agree with you, but since the subscreen delay is an emulation bug and not a problem of the game itself, maybe it would be better to release a seperate patch for this job that also applies to the original OOT.

Last edited:

winfy

@Psiman ok i also make a goodrom [!] + crashfix patch later ;)

Federelli said:
And how will that rom be called?
[!] (SBDFix) ??

I don't know ;)

My files have the following names:

german:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) (German) (Subscreen) (Credit).v64
password: "www.emutalk.net"

P.S.: the new roms have the same full cheat support (copy and paste)

Enjoy it

EDIT: There are some problems with the patch!!! I try to fix it! (Patch delete)

cu winfy

Last edited:

winfy

PsyMan said:
Great, I can't wait to try the "crash only" fix. ;)

Ok here is the Goodrom no crash at the end patch:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (Credits).v64

Enjoy it ;)

EDIT: There are some problems with the patch!!! I try to fix it! (Patch delete)

cu winfy

Last edited:

illypso

i got a problem ,i cant see everything, like the water, the wine on the wall to climb to,
00.jpg

is there a way to fix this
thank you

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Is anyone else having a problem with winfy's credit-fix patches? I just tried one with the MQ [E] ! rom and in the middle of the sequence after the Deku Tree dungeon it skipped to the closing credits. Also, what is with the 1964.txt romproperties.ini entry? It looks like a project64.rdb entry. It looks nothing like a typical entry in romproperties.ini. I think I will just play the regular rom until the end and then use the save with the patched rom just before the end.

Chris_W

winfy said:
you are right I try to fix it...

Use my cheats at he end: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=19100
The Cheats works fine...

Sorry for that...but i do not tested the patch in the whole game.

cu winfy ;(

this is a prime example why using specific cheats to enable or disable are better then patching roms.

patching roms (AKA Trainer Roms) = more problems compatibillity wise then a cheat made to do a specific duty allowing you to enable/disable at will.

PHMK

The games tougher than the original for me. And having beaten the original game on N64 years ago. I'm going to play OoT through again than go back to Master Quest for the challenge. And that's my two cents on the game :p

Last edited:

idontcare

Sorry, I have a quick question

Okay, I've searched the forum and looked everywhere I possibly could think of so I'm doing this as a last resort (grumbles about having to register). I've been playing Master Quest on Project64 for awhile now and everything's going pretty well. There are a couple minor graphics problems, the sun is a white square, navi is a white square with wings, and the start menu takes a little while to load. That's not a problem for me but it might help you figure out what's wrong. I've just gotten the Lens of Truth and it doesn't work. It just puts that lovely circle around things but it doesn't see through what it's supposed to see through. Any ideas? I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
The graphic problems are probably due to a low-end card. What one do you have? The best all-around plugin is Glide64 with Hacktarux's wrapper (see sticky in plugins forum for details- current release is beta 5). Put Glide64 in the plugins folder and the wrapper in the PJ64 folder. If you have a card with pixel shaders (I'm guessing no b/c of your problems) try Rice's plugin instead.

As for the subscreen delay, there is a cheat that gets rid of it. If you look in the cheats forum you should find it. I'm too lazy right now to look for the direct link...

idontcare

Hey thanks a lot, I'm sure that'll help. This is going to sound really stupid to your computer-literate people, but I don't know what graphics card I have... It's just never been an issue for me. I don't even know how I'd find out what it is. I never said I was the smartest. But I'll try your suggestions, if the one plugin doesn't work I'll try the other one. Thanks again. If I have more problems I'm sure you'll hear about them.

By the way, what do you mean by b/c?

Last edited:

super_vegeta

This Is You Shold Do

Probably Its Your Video Card You Should Get A New One Some Friend Got The Same Problem He Try A New Video Card And Thats All!!!!!!!!1 Byeeeee

dominion6

control prob

hi im new to the forum nice to meet u all

my problem is with 'orical of time'
im new to project 64 so i find it difficult to use the keyboard and when the game prompts me to press the yellow up button (to talk to navi) or any other of them buttons i dont know what to press i looked at the controls config screen but still couldnt work it out,

so can anyone help me with this? a list of the n64 buttons to the keyboard buttons would be greatly appreciated :bouncy:

hkl8324

dominion6 said:
hi im new to the forum nice to meet u all

my problem is with 'orical of time'
im new to project 64 so i find it difficult to use the keyboard and when the game prompts me to press the yellow up button (to talk to navi) or any other of them buttons i dont know what to press i looked at the controls config screen but still couldnt work it out,

so can anyone help me with this? a list of the n64 buttons to the keyboard buttons would be greatly appreciated :bouncy:

You can customise the keyboard layout yourself by pressing the small retangular box next to the "Keys".

You may also use gamepad in pj64 if you wish to, given that you own one.

kebas239

I know i'm going to sound stupid...but what exactly are the diffrences between Ocarina of Time, and Master Quest? I have it running on PJ64 1.5 and it runs very nice with no graphical glitches whatsoever (So far to the deku tree), and it seems pretty much the same as Ocarina of Time. From what I gather is that this game was ported off gamecube somehow. Is this true? Just curious, as i did not see any explanation of it in this thread.

PS...most of my computer is fairly decent except the video card which is a Geforce FX 5200 (non-ultra). From what i hear, the FX 5200, although slow, supports most of the modern stuff/shaders that the higher end siblings do. I'm hoping, because of this, I have no graphical glitches. I have a OCed 2.4 HT to 2.88 ghz P4, with 1 gb ram, etc. Should i expect the game to run well throughout?

Last edited: