What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

Clements

I know i'm going to sound stupid...but what exactly are the diffrences between Ocarina of Time, and Master Quest? I have it running on PJ64 1.5 and it runs very nice with no graphical glitches whatsoever (So far to the deku tree), and it seems pretty much the same as Ocarina of Time. From what I gather is that this game was ported off gamecube somehow. Is this true? Just curious, as i did not see any explanation of it in this thread.

Dungeons have been re-arranged. The game is emulated on the Gamecube so Master Quest appears on the bonus disc.

PS...most of my computer is fairly decent except the video card which is a Geforce FX 5200 (non-ultra). From what i hear, the FX 5200, although slow, supports most of the modern stuff/shaders that the higher end siblings do. I'm hoping, because of this, I have no graphical glitches. I have a OCed 2.4 HT to 2.88 ghz P4, with 1 gb ram, etc. Should i expect the game to run well throughout?

Yes.

flamus

non mapped before the credits!! nooooooooooooo!!!

undefined
plz how to see ,or havent way, the ending of the game after the credits. and how to fix the nayrus love and brighht of the grats chests?

Clements

flamus said:
and how to fix the nayrus love and brighht of the grats chests?

Use a plugin other than Jabo's video plugin since you are probably below it's recommended requirements.

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Fixed Sun Problem

I found the solution to the broken sun problem, I dont know if this will work for you but it did for me:

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DEFAULT VIDEO PLUGIN (JABO'S)

1. With the Master Quest ROM in another directory, reinstall PJ64
  2. Install Clement's Unofficial Update
  3. Add the entry for Master Quest shown in the second post of this thread
  4. Go into Options and uncheck Hide Advanced Options, then go back in and set your rom directory
  5. Start the game, not touching anything. The modified settings should kick in, and the sun will not be in 4 pieces.

-Shadow-

Banned
LReyome27 said:
I found the solution to the broken sun problem, I dont know if this will work for you but it did for me:

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DEFAULT VIDEO PLUGIN (JABO'S)

1. With the Master Quest ROM in another directory, reinstall PJ64
  2. Install Clement's Unofficial Update
  3. Add the entry for Master Quest shown in the second post of this thread
  4. Go into Options and uncheck Hide Advanced Options, then go back in and set your rom directory
  5. Start the game, not touching anything. The modified settings should kick in, and the sun will not be in 4 pieces.

WOW...

Yako

I've been playin masterquest for a while and it runs fine.
But is it normal that objects and parts of walls disappear when close to the camera? As far as I know, on the N64 that doesn't happen.

And btw, where can I get Rice's video plugin? I wanna test it. Thanks.

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Yako said:
I've been playin masterquest for a while and it runs fine.
But is it normal that objects and parts of walls disappear when close to the camera? As far as I know, on the N64 that doesn't happen.

And btw, where can I get Rice's video plugin? I wanna test it. Thanks.

There is some wall clipping when standing right next to a wall. This is because the camera attempts to stay behind you during a letterbox shot (ie..pushing or pulling a block)

As for Rice's video plugin, get it from the Plugins section under Downloads. If you use Jabo's D3D, you shouldnt have the problem with objects disappearing.

Daeris

Problem at Master Quest's end

Hey guys, I was playing OoT Master Quest and what was my surprise when seeing the end of the game the emulator gives me the following message:

Excuting from non-mapped space
Verify ROM and ROM Settings

What can I do? Anyone knows how to solve this?
Thanks!

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Need Help

First of all, Hi to all, I'm new on this forum

I've a problem with Zelda OoT, I thinks it's a problem with my video setting/plugin video.

Link's Cloth color is White (it should be green, I think) and the sprite of Navi (the little fairy) is like a White Cube instead of a shining fairy and other little graphic bug.

I'll use Project 64 v1.5 with Jabo_Direct3D6.dll (video plugin version 1.5), if i try to use che Service Pack the result will be worst (with the version 1.5.1)

My video graphic card is SiS 630/730, i've 512MB SDRAM and AMD Duron 850 Mhz (i know it's a shit :blush: )

Someone can help me?

PS. Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Oh, and I'v noticed that i can't see the starting menu where you can insert your name, too.

PS. Sorry for cross posting

BMANZZS

Ryo Saeba said:
Oh, and I'v noticed that i can't see the starting menu where you can insert your name, too.

PS. Sorry for cross posting

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=12338&highlight=link+zelda+white+clothes

Search for it.

Anyway, I've experimented with different things and Ive come accross something strange. You see, I've saved a state with Zelda Master Quest then I loaded that save state with the original Zelda: OoT and also with Zelda Majora's Mask.

Check out this picture!!!!

P.S. I wouldn't suggest doing this, since it might mess up with your ROM or emulator or even your save state.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
BMANZZS said:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=12338&highlight=link+zelda+white+clothes

Search for it.

Anyway, I've experimented with different things and Ive come accross something strange. You see, I've saved a state with Zelda Master Quest then I loaded that save state with the original Zelda: OoT and also with Zelda Majora's Mask.

Check out this picture!!!!

P.S. I wouldn't suggest doing this, since it might mess up with your ROM or emulator or even your save state.

Nothing odd about it, they run on basically the same engine, so it will display graphics without a problem, except for what isn't constant in RAM (because, obviously, it's a different rom). What strikes me as odd is that it's the crooked cart-effect.

BMANZZS

Can someone help me... Zelda has been running fine with no problems except for when i first encountered the runner. Since then things have been happening that are rather strange. PLEASE HELP!!!