What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

PalmTree

I looked through this entire thread and don't remember if the answer to these questions have been answered before.

I'm wondering what the difference between Ura Zelda and master quest is... also, what is the difference between oot 1.2 and 1.3 (from the gamecube disc).

While i'm here, i might as well ask this as well... When i downloaded master quest, it was a zip file like all my other roms. when i try and extract the rom from inside the zip file, i can't, because the zip file is empty. This caused me to think that i downloaded a bad copy, and made me delete the zip a few times. I then realized that the zip was the same size as the rom should be, so i tried playing it and it worked.

I know that doesn't really sound like a problem because the game works, but i want to know if there is any way to change the extension from zip to something else (like v64, n64, etc.), and have the game still work. Not a big problem, but i like having icons for all my roms.

Thanks in advance,
PalmTree

winfy

sid4000 said:
heh im sorry ... mine crashes too. i presumed that the crash occured b4 the ending NOT after it.

( This crash doesnt seem all that bad after all ...
edit - ignore the last paragraph because the ending didnt finish :p
but what i find weird is the game runs perfectly upto that point ?

sid4000

p.s.: my rom crc still doesnt match urs - see attached image..and is asking where u can get ips patches on this forum against the rules ?

You can Fix the Crash!

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=19100

cu winfy

Hyperchicken

Hyperchickens
help with 00t mq crash

I can't get my mater quest rom to work anymore. it worked fine for a while but now it crashes when I chose a file to play. Can anyone help me with this?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gah...
Delete your settings. Pj-folder\uninstall and click the uninstall reg files. Such a simple problem; try search the board at times.

kan

how can i fix it?(watch the pic)

im using pj64 version 1.4
and link is wearing a white dress
can i fix ir... or i have tu use version 1.5...
thanks

xamenus

kan said:
im using pj64 version 1.4
and link is wearing a white dress
can i fix ir... or i have tu use version 1.5...
thanks

You should use 1.5 + SP1 anyway, and update your video card.

Ze_Pequeno

High prices!

Is there a way to get more than 99 rupeers ? In some places the prices are too high! Can't afford expensive itens

-Shadow-

Banned
LOOOOOL, get a Bigger Wallet , you get them in the skulltula house in Kakariko , you need 30 the tokens of gold skulltullas to get a 200 Rupee-Wallet , i think it's 80 for a 500 Rupee Wallet...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Found it!

Wirt said:
I was just examining ZMQ rom. And I have found interesting thing.
Please, look in rom with hex viewer at the address: hex'8B86AB
The Entrance to the Past
The Entrance to the Present
The Entrance to the Future

And there: hex'8B8791
Past, present, future...
The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail up stream and downstream through time's river...
The port for that ship is in the Temple of Time..

- what does these sentences means?? I've played OoT (you can found same sentences that was written upper by me using italic) for many times and haven?t meet those text stuff...

I'd played a little bit in the last time 4 searching cheats and such and I find thats a sequence in the desert, while Sheik is talking 2 u.
That's after u enter the temple and leave him he says exacly the things wirt had found.
And it's in OOT, too!
That aren't beta leftovers, sry...
But it would be great, if someone (MasterPhW_DX 4 example, would find some more than these one in OOT) :D

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Guys, now that GoodN64 2.02 is out
Which Master Quest Rom have you got?
I have these two:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f2]

Clements

Federelli said:
Guys, now that GoodN64 2.02 is out
Which Master Quest Rom have you got?
I have these two:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f2]

Okay, I had the (E) [f1] (NTSC) version, but then I used PsyMan's awesome patch that converted to convert it into the (E) [!] verified dump. Use the search to find the IPS patch and use an IPS patcher to patch it in the normal way.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Maybe it is an emulation bug... Maybe it is something with the ROM itself.
I should have also ripped the original OOT from Gamecube when I had the chance to see if it crashes too, then probably I would be able to fix the Master quest crash if it happens because of the rom. If I have time maybe I'll go and ask a friend to lent me his BBA and PSO in order to confirm that and maybe fix the crash.

winfy

Federelli said:
Great, i now have the [!] version :)

Any clue on why the crash still happens?

The [!] goodrom has only an other header!
The difference:
it changed the name from "Zelda Master Quest" to "The Legend of Zelda"
and NTSC to PAL.
No other changes here.

The crash happens because of one Videosequence crash (5 seconds long)
I changed it to the next sequence.

I have made two Masterquest patch with the following features:

1st patch: (german)
1) standardlanguage = german
2) subscreendelayfix
3) there is no crash anymore <--
4) header NTSC because of PAL60

2nd patch (normal)
1) subscreendelayfix
2) there is no crash anymore <--
3) header NTSC because of PAL60

I tell it Cowering and i hope it's inside the next goodromset!

I'll post it today evening here! ;)

cu winfy

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
That's great! Why don't you make only one patch that applies to all the versions of the game and just fixes the crash?