What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

sid4000

it seems i have found why people cannot view the ending for the zelda master quest it is because u guys are using a bad rom dump...

bad rom = 1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45
good rom = 27A3831D-B505A533-C:45

i have several images to prove the fact that i got the ending using some1 save file that was posted in this forum (i seem to have forgotten whose - however the rar file containing the save is named "zelda master quest (sra).rar" - so im sorry for forgetting and i cant be arsed browsing back 17 or so pages lookin for this person)

(well back to the topic, however i cant seem to find a good host for these images..)

figured out how to attach images to a post ^^ heres are the pics to the ending for zelda master quest from a good dump...

just my 2 cents. :)

sid4000

i love bittorrent - ERROR free downloads UNLESS the original SEEDED file is BAD :p

Last edited:

sid4000

and the remaining images...sorry if i've posted too many images BUT i am thinking that you would need a thorough evidence regarding this matter.

hope this is sufficient and helps anybody.

sid4000

p.s. if you're wondering how i got the value "27A3831D-B505A533-C:45" for my rom of zelda master quest - it was automatically generated by pj64 after i entered 1 cheat using the gui which saved the value plus cheat into the .cht file.

This came about because earlier I was wondering why the cheat entries given by Tooie and Gent from the thread u gave were not working for my game - as you probably guessed it was because crc (crc because i dont know what this value means - i am assuming it identifies a good rom from a bad rom) values did NOT match. However once i got the correct generated crc value for my game from the cheat entry this was easy to fix :)

Last edited:
CRC: 27A3831D-B505A533-C:45 is the CRC code for Zelda:MQ with the .ips patch appled to the ROM.

CRC: 1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45 is the CRC code for Zelda:MQ without the .ips patch.

Other than that, the game doesn't get far after your last screen shot... or does it?

sid4000

URAMetroid said:
CRC: 27A3831D-B505A533-C:45 is the CRC code for Zelda:MQ with the .ips patch appled to the ROM.

CRC: 1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45 is the CRC code for Zelda:MQ without the .ips patch.

Other than that, the game doesn't get far after your last screen shot... or does it?

heh im sorry i guess ur right ^^ mine crashes too. i presumed that the crash occured b4 the ending NOT after it.

( This crash doesnt seem all that bad after all ^^ the most likely cause is that the rom is calling a GC function e.g. resetting the game, as the n64 and gc dont reset the same way...as soon as the game is finished (this maybe whats crashing the game) - just 1 of the changes Big N made to the rom other then changing the button mappings an all? just a possible scenario. )

edit - ignore the last paragraph because the ending didnt finish :p
but what i find weird is the game runs perfectly upto that point ?

sid4000

p.s.: my rom crc still doesnt match urs - see attached image..and is asking where u can get ips patches on this forum against the rules ?

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
My rom Has a crc , that differs from all others that are shown here.....

My CRC is :

CRC1 - 1D4135F3
CRC2 - AF62EDA9

I haven't played the game completely but i'll post it if the game crashes or not.
It crashed the first time when i went the first time into Kakariko as an adult through the main gate , but it gets permanently fixed if i go from Goron Mountain - Kakariko.

ShadowFX

Guardian
sid4000 said:
i have several images to prove the fact that i got the ending using some1 save file that was posted in this forum (i seem to have forgotten whose - however the rar file containing the save is named "zelda master quest (sra).rar" - so im sorry for forgetting and i cant be arsed browsing back 17 or so pages lookin for this person)
Well, that would be me. I provided that SRA file a long time ago.

-Shadow-

Banned
I know now what version my master quest is , its a German-Based rom that was dumped by german hackers . You can even turn the screen text from english to german or french with the Language cheat . That version works COMPLETELY perfect without any crashes ( except the one i discovered :D).

Cucciolo

The dungeons in master quest aren't REALLY redone...
because the level layout is the same but it changes the way you do things...
for example in the deku tree the compass is at the place of the slingshot.
and in the dodongo cavern, where normally the right way from the central room should be taked, To complete it is needed to start from the LEFT side and exiting from the right.
and there are some other dungeons in that way...
another example is the water temple where (if i remember correctly) the longshot is right at the start!

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Is that Unicorn Fountian like place, the rumour, in Master Quest? I just cannot wait to know if it is or not. I have been using the Beta Quest on Zelda64 for a long time to find it.

I heard a site mentioning that in Ura Zelda, Maser Quest, there is a place with horse like statues facing down.

Is this true?

Wirt

I was just examining ZMQ rom. And I have found interesting thing.
Please, look in rom with hex viewer at the address: hex'8B86AB
The Entrance to the Past
The Entrance to the Present
The Entrance to the Future

And there: hex'8B8791
Past, present, future...
The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail up stream and downstream through time's river...
The port for that ship is in the Temple of Time..

- what does these sentences means?? I've played OoT (you can found same sentences that was written upper by me using italic) for many times and haven’t meet those text stuff...