What's new

X-Box Vs GameCube

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I think it`s cool. It would be very nice to have a machine that could be an ultimate entertainment center.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Yeah, but you've got to think that if they spend time making it the `ultimate entertainment centre`, then they won't push the games hardware as much as they should.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I don`t think so. Basically, even the current consoles can play DVD`s at an acceptable quality. They already have support for Dolby 5.1 sound, and they have USB peripherials. So all they gotta do is improve the DVD playback, and add a broadband functionality (which the X-Box and the PS2 both already have), and you get an ultimate entertainment center.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
4 am.. just made dinner(i know.. kinda late for that).. i was bored.. came here.. read this.. now i'm gonna type for a while.. then go to bed..

nudetothis.. you actually explaind it abit better than i think i could :)..

one thing is being a fanboy.. it's quite another to look for game quality and stick to it.. hardware shmardware.. i still own my NES and play it now and then.. ice-climber is a unique game not ever reproduced since those days.. and so are many more games..

i bought a ps2 about 2 months after it came out.. i sold it 3 months after i bought it.. i allready own a dvd player.. and the games bored me.. other than less than a handfull of the ones out give me pleasure playing..

same with the x-box.. since i sold it though.. it has a game or two that i could consider playing.. but it's not drawing my attention since i've tried them at stores and at first impression.. well.. me no like :)..

the GC.. the litle bro of this generation of consoles.. it's tiny and cute.. most games look cute and so on.. sure you might not like the cuteness the childishness of some games.. but.. all i'm gonna say is that most of these games are good.. just look at the mario games in generall.. from the start.. they've been winners.. and the hype about them has never been overly exessive from the company..

PC games come and go.. make huge hype.. then don't deliver.. PC games are the worst.. too much hype.. and too few of them are really good/worth it.. some are really good.. but most of them are just eyecandy.. with the same old same old.. copies of past success.. how many Quake games are there.. how many reutnr to castle wolfenstine.. how many D2lod games?.. improved grfx.. same damn game.. some have even the same textures.. same stories.. it's sad.. i play them.. but only to waste time.. it's not in anyway an experiance that i remember later and think about.. the way i can remeber and go nutz wanting to hear the music again from the first time i got to Brinstar in SuperMetroid on my Snes a bunch of years ago.. you think that is nostalgia.. but i can still get that feeling from playing GC games.. i can from a few PC games too.. like C&C.. then after all the sequels.. it gets boring.. and i don't even feel like thinking about later C&C games other than perhaps the first redalert.. let's face it.. the PC is allways the same.. soon something new will come.. and everyone will release the same thing over and over and over..

in a good console.. you get games that are original.. something diferent to play.. and i mean.. how more original do you get than Luigi's mansion? :p .. i laughd so hard playing that game.. it wasn't the best game i've played by far.. but it was original.. and new.. and it got me out of the ratrace :).. wich i kinda like.. that is just one example of many.. try finding something original with x-box or ps2 games.. you won't find much.. hense my selling both consoles coz they where collecting dust :p..