What's new

X-Box Vs GameCube

mesman00

What's that...?
i never put down the DC, i've never even played one, so im on no grounds to judge it, however, i have played ps2, gamecube, and xbox, and i personally like the ps2 best

Stezo2k

S-2K
mesman00 said:
i never put down the DC, i've never even played one, so im on no grounds to judge it, however, i have played ps2, gamecube, and xbox, and i personally like the ps2 best

yep every1s entitled into their oppinion, ps2 will prob be my next fave system cuz of the gr8 games for it:) should really get one soon cuz i already got DDR max and FF10 i jus aint got a ps2 LOL. Gamecube looks extremly promising with resident evil 0 (might get the demo soon) but other than that i aint too keen

Stez

Josep

eyerun4phun
mesman00 said:
and i personally like the ps2 best

if you like importing;) hella kick ass games come out for ps2, you just don't see them coming out in europe or america soon enough or not at all!:)

and lets face it guys, IF you have the money you'll get any or all systems because they all equally have ups and downs right now, only time will tell when the system shows its dying.;)

Sukh

Long gone...
Well, I for sure love the Gamecube. And the XBOX is just a foothold for Microsoft to get into the home entertainment market, they couldn't care if it flopped, made squat and was a bit (a lot?) ugly. It's purely a strategic move so I doubt Microsoft will support the XBOX as long as say Sony will support the PS2 and Nintendo the Gamecube.

blizz

Nintendo have said 8 years for the Gamecube,

if you think back to the NES compare Super Mario with Super Mario 3, there should be some good stuff in the future of the cube all things being equal :D

nudetothis

I'm 35 and play Gamecube games every day. Who says theyre for kids? I've been playing Nintendo since 1985 and I've played plenty of other consoles too ... and I guess I just plain enjoy what Nintendo does with their own (1st party) games. I don't care if there's blood and gore in a game .... to me, that's the real kid stuff. It's for pimply runts who haven't seen enough R movies yet or gotten any mud for their turtle.

You know, like the boys with the saggy ass pants hanging out in front of the Xbox kiosk.:happy:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Actualy the baggy pants are always behind the PS2, never realy noticed who plays the xbox, as its farthest to the left and covered by the PS2 line (GC is closest when you walk in), maybe I would notice if I actualy went to play them for once.

Quite honestly though, console games are too "slow" for my taste, I've been spoiled by the flexability of a keyboard+mouse. And if you don't have violence, then the game is just more like a puzzle you have to solve for 33 hours, unless its an RPG. (picture watching the matrix if they had no fighting, how boring would that be?).

It adds a certain "touch" to the game. Take a game like counterstrike for example, (no console game compares to it, hell just name one thats been played on a regular basis by millions of people for years in a row). Say you see somebody who thinks hes cool by skylining on a tower and shooting people below. If the game was designed by nintendo, you would throw something mundane like a fireball at him that leaves no scorch mark and he just dissapears outa nowhere. But I prefer the non N way; you fire a 50 caliber round at his head, blood flies, then he falls about 50 feet and lands on his back :D

Hell, maybe the army realy did turn me into a bloodthirsty war mongering killing machine like I heard some weed smoking hippie say once. But you know what? its fun being that way :devil:

nudetothis

Alpha Wolf,

I hear what youre saying, but as for console games that have been played by millions of people for years in a row, I think any Mario, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Megaman, FZero, or any other established game series would qualify. And I don't mean each game sequentially as the series moves along ... I've been playing Super Mario Bros. (the original) for 17 years and still load it up from time to time.

mesman00

What's that...?
i recently played and beat smb3 on RockNES X a while back, it was great, and brought back some memories

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
nudetothis said:
I'm 35 and play Gamecube games every day. Who says theyre for kids? I've been playing Nintendo since 1985 and I've played plenty of other consoles too ... and I guess I just plain enjoy what Nintendo does with their own (1st party) games. I don't care if there's blood and gore in a game .... to me, that's the real kid stuff. It's for pimply runts who haven't seen enough R movies yet or gotten any mud for their turtle.

You know, like the boys with the saggy ass pants hanging out in front of the Xbox kiosk.:happy:

Bah. What is that, a crime now to prefer action games that actually look realistic?

blizz

DuDe said:
Bah. What is that, a crime now to prefer action games that actually look realistic?

yes!! How dare you simulate violence on your PC screen, how dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Josep

eyerun4phun
---->Only time will tell which console really sucks...<----
thats what i say to all the next gen consoles, which ever one lasts the longest should be counted as the best;)

nudetothis

You boys are missing the point. I'm talking about judging the quality of the game solely on the violence content, kinda like rating R movies on the number of tittie flashes. Having graduated form HS a long time ago, I say if you wanna see naked chicks go get some friggin hardcore videos and be done with it. If you wanna shoot guns, go buy a Glock. I've got three.

Now, with that said I do play FPS on the PC and I agree with Alpha Wolf that a good FPS is a blast. But all I was trying to point out is that there is something special about most Nintendo 1st party and 2nd party (Rare) games that most other developer's seem to lack. You either appreciate it and like it, or you don't. Most of the folks here, this being a primarily Nintendo emu board, know what I'm talking about. That certain feel was there in the first games on NES and its still there on Gamecube releases today. So, I've got a gamecube.

but, I'm also a proud owner of a GeF4 Ti4400, so I don't feel a need for an Xbox.

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
I tried these 3 consoles, and (maybe because i'm a big nintendo fan) I liked a bit more the GCN, it has a really cheap price and very nice games. Anyway i think i'll wait for Mario Sunshine to be released to get this console (so on october-november i think), I bought myself a Dreamcast instead 1 month ago (very cheap price 80€) and actually i'm having a lot of fun with it, it is a great unlucky console!!

P.S. I played Halo on the Xbox and it wasn't that hard because the joypad is enuff good to play fps, and the game is great. But it's the only game i like from this console.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
nudetothis said:

but, I'm also a proud owner of a GeF4 Ti4400, so I don't feel a need for an Xbox.

lol, you're not a real gamer huh? Care about gaming then and not hardware. You're using the most stupid argument ever.

So.. are you totally stupid or just a fanboy?

Stezo2k

S-2K
JuGz said:
I bought myself a Dreamcast instead 1 month ago (very cheap price 80€) and actually i'm having a lot of fun with it, it is a great unlucky console!!

Nice 1 dude :) Dont blaim ya :D, if only dc games was still in production. Quite a lot of ppl are starting to like the dc now, Myselfm i extremly like it cuz its very good for emulation and the games are superb (shenmue, sonic2, Hod2, Unreal, Quake3, Virtua Tennis 2k2, Crazy Taxi, Code veronica, need i say more :p)

I'd say ps2 would possibly come out on top in the console war cuz the games are just superb and even segas developing a few games for it:) And also ppl who liked playstation (a huge amount) will more than likely stay with sony.

But GC looks very promising, with sega helping nintendo as if it was their console, squaresoft coming out with a FF, nintendos great lineup of games, and capcoms excellent resident evil series.

Stez

Gorxon

Administrator
Harteex said:
nudetothis said:

lol, you're not a real gamer huh? Care about gaming then and not hardware. You're using the most stupid argument ever.

So.. are you totally stupid or just a fanboy?

Actually I think he's got a good point, Harteex. Having a powerful computer you can run games as nice/smooth as the Xbox. ANd, in fact, a large percentage of the games for xbox are available for PC or are going to be...now, i should be mentioning examples, but I can't remember many atm...Halo, Doom3, Spiderman are the ones popping up in my mind right now, but I know there are more...

With Nintendo however, this isn't the case...Ever seen Mario on PC? (without emus..doh)...metroid? waverace? Eternal Darkness? SSBM? luigi's mansion? and the list goes on...Nintendo has way more exclusives than the xbox as far as i can see, and they also make great games...

I guess you see which console I like most, but I think Xbox is a nice console too...but the games for it just isn't as good as for the GC. I'd much rather get a PS2 than a Xbox, anytime...
Oh, and could someone please list some Xbox exclusives? Curious to know how many there really is...(I already know DOA3)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Thats one of the main reasons I hate consoles. You see a system with a bunch of good games, buy it, then all of a sudden one game that you realy want is exclusive to another system, so you have to go out and buy new hardware...gay. PC seems to have sorta removed that limitation. Reason being is because all of the better console games end up coming out for PC, and in many cases, the better console games are only a stripped down version of its PC counterpart.

Xbox tends to be my favored console for the sole reason that because of its lack of 100% proprietary hardware, and similarity to a PC, it kinda lowers the compatibility barrier between the console/PC environment. (from a neutral standpoint though, the PS2 is quite honestly the best one to own IMO)

PCs are constantly finding new conveniences, better reliability, and ease of use, sooner or later there will be a one platform to fit all. (We're only in the developmental era, its just not here yet.) I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like paying more for software just because the "owner" of the platform wants to charge licensing fees. You save more in the long run by paying more up front for the hardware, some people just can't grasp that.

Harteex said:

So.. are you totally stupid or just a fanboy? [/B]
We know that you are a big fan of xbox Harteex.This is not a reason to insult ppl like this.Not that you really care but,have some respect about ppl's thoughts...Anyway...
J. Carmack said that xbox's gpu is actually a gf4 so where is the lie about that...