What's new

Unofficial Mini-update for PJ64 1.5 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarroSIN

I installed it and it told me that my Zelda Master Quest Rom was unkown and bad, even though it's the offical one, and runs fine. What gives?

xamenus

HarroSIN said:
I installed it and it told me that my Zelda Master Quest Rom was unkown and bad, even though it's the offical one, and runs fine. What gives?
Try refreshing the rom browser. If that doesn't work, then you do not have the [!] dump. And if you don't have the [!] dump, you may find this thread useful. :)

Last edited:

@לציון

Add to Project64.rdb for Master Quest

[1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45]
Good Name=Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (U)
Internal Name=ZELDA MASTER QUEST
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory Advance
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global
Status=Playable!
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=1
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1

OP
Clements

Clements

No. It is a hack, so I removed it. If I added it I would have to add another 50 region hacked dumps. I stick by Smiff and only add [!] dumps to the RDB.

ggab

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
No. It is a hack, so I removed it. If I added it I would have to add another 50 region hacked dumps. I stick by Smiff and only add [!] dumps to the RDB.
Come on Clements,
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)
it's an exception... just 1 game (one of the best), and a lot of people would apreciate it (if you add it) very much :)
Thanks for your "Unofficial Mini-update" work ;)

Chris_W

Clements said:

Actually Smiff would have put this in because the Original GC Version is a PAL60 where as the Good E Version ROM runs at a PAL50

OP
Clements

Clements

But NTSC != PAL60.

If Smiff wants to add it then he can, but personally I'm not convinced. I already posted how to add the fixed rom in the Master Quest Thread, or don't use my RDB and use the one with SP1. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

OP
Clements

Clements

Anyway, I discovered that Command & Conquer is fully playable.

According to the RDB, Command and Conquer is missing the sidebar, but it works for me with Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1, and in-game is entirely playable. I'll probably change that RDB entry.

[video] missing sidebar. error(s):various > [video] error(s):various

Status: <font color="#00897C">Needs video plugin</font> > <font color="#827B00">Issues (plugin)</font>

The entry probably didn't get updated since the 1.40 plugin where the sidebar is missing.

Chris_W

Clements said:
But NTSC != PAL60.

If Smiff wants to add it then he can, but personally I'm not convinced. I already posted how to add the fixed rom in the Master Quest Thread, or don't use my RDB and use the one with SP1. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

No NTSC = NTSC @ 60 :p

anyway its already in my version of the RDB and when / If smiff gets back he will see it with my cheat file which also have entries for the both versions and Majora's Mask E v1.1 and OOT, MM GC Versions.

i guess its up to him :)

OP
Clements

Clements

I added a newer version (2.0f). It'll probably be my last update, so I included the full documentation of all the changes I made.

Updated Version 2.0f

General

*Fixed typos in language file (now v1.1)
*Added Changelog documentation

RDB 1.5.1f

* Now says up to date with v202a
* Removed redundant 2 added roms note

Modified Entries:

* Command and Conquer, changed [video] missing sidebar. error(s):various > [video] error(s):various, Needs video plugin > Issues (plugin)
* Quest 64, added [video] error(s):colors

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Clements said:
I added a newer version (2.0f). It'll probably be my last update, so I included the full documentation of all the changes I made.
No it won't. :p Not until you add some info about "Holy Magic Century" (It's the PAL version of Quest). I also noticed that the fires in both Castlevania games have wrong colour (they should be pink). All the above games run fine with Rice's plugin.

OP
Clements

Clements

Okay I missed that, I will fix ASAP. I've pretty much run out of ideas to add to PJ64 now.

Edit: I've fixed the two RDB entires. Should be good to go now.

Last edited:

xamenus

I know this is minor, and yes, I can do it myself, :) but the cheat file should have a new entry for the [!] dump of Zelda Master Quest. ;)

OP
Clements

Clements

I'm steering well clear of the cheat file. I have no idea how that works :p

I'll leave that to the Cheat Team.

olivieryuyu

Nushi Zuri 64 - Shiokaze ni Notte

it's not a bad rom (as said in the comments) but it's unsupported by PJ64 (or you have to find the good settings)

here a screenshot with 1964:

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Clements, so the progression of installations would be :

Project64 1.5 Final
SP1
Your 2.0f Update

Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.