What's new

Unofficial Mini-update for PJ64 1.5 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
olivieryuyu said:
Famista 64 : video unsupported ???????????????? !!!!!!!!

but it's fully playable !!!! try it !!!
Yeah, but not with jabo's I think. What for a plugin are you using oliv?
It's just for the standard plugin and Jabos 1.51 hasn't the support for this game I think.

olivieryuyu

MasterPhW_DX said:
Yeah, but not with jabo's I think. What for a plugin are you using oliv?
It's just for the standard plugin and Jabos 1.51 hasn't the support for this game I think.

it works with Jabo of course !!!

olivieryuyu

Scatman839 said:
everything works with jabo's, its ace, like paper mario but you cant get to the start menu

it works i can play with it. there is missing background in game (due to frame buffer effect) . I test enough games to know what i say.

:)

PS: Clements, please have a look, there is only something difficult : enter one's name (you 'll see in menu: may be fixable with settings). I use Jabo 1.5.1.

mothmann

just installed Clements' Unofficial Update for SP1 v2[1].0g

having problems now. whenever i load a game (windowed) i loose all ability to use my mouse on the menus in pj64 and i cant even just click the x or - in the top right corner to close or minimize pj64. i have to alt-tab out of pj64. then i have to cntrl+alt+delete to close the pj64. i can use the alt key and arrow keys to pull down the file menu and exit the rom but then even after the rom is closed and pj64 is running it completely renders my mouse useless. i cant even use it on things outside of pj64.

EDIT - this was a problem with N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.82a. i set it to default and it fixed it. had the mouse configured to play games with. but it still shouldn't do that after exiting the rom.

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

Perhaps the XPtheme manifest file is screwing with the menus for you. Try removing it and see what happens. Otherwise no idea, since other than that nothing else could possibly cause that.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
rtfm (long time, no say! :p)
It should be explained in the manual... it is your ultimate source for information 'bout the emulator.

terrell

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I figure it wouldn't hurt. Although Rayman 2 is listed as having plugin issues (and is, by default, yellow), I've found that the game is completely playable. The problem mentioned "Lum Colour" as the problem. I assume it means the problem of all the various-colored Lums being shown in the same color. I've found that forcing normal blending fixes this, with the only a bit of transparency problems. This may still warrant a plugin issue, but I think that the fix should be mentioned somewhere... (perhaps the GameFaq??)

olivieryuyu

here the info from Tool64 of Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery:

File name: nintama64.v64
File size: 8,00 Mo
Rom Name: NINTAMA GAME GALLERY64
Rom ID: HB
Region: 0x4A (Japan)
CRC1: 0xCD3C3CDF
CRC2: 0x317793FA
Manufacturer ID: 0x004E ( N)
Release: 0x00001449
Clockrate: 251658240
Program Counter: 0x80096400

olivieryuyu

[CD3C3CDF-317793FA-C:4A]
Good Name=Nintama Rantarou 64 (J) [!]
Internal Name=ÊѽÀ°ÓɶÞÀØ64
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Default
Reg Cache=Yes
Status=to check
Use TLB=Yes
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global

good with CF=2, works fine with Rice

Jabo gfx plugin doesn't support the video

OP
Clements

Clements

Here's the update, cleaned the version numbers up this time to aviod confusions:

Updated Version 3.0

RDB 1.5.2

* Nintama Rantarou 64 (J) added with settings
* John Romero's Daikatana (see gamefaq) changed to error(s): various

GameFAQ

* Added Nintama Rantarou 64 (J) to Unsupported section

BTW, This is what I added for Nintama Rantarou 64:

Code:
[CD3C3CDF-317793FA-C:4A]
Good Name=Nintama Rantarou 64 (J) //Name assumed, not in GoodN64!
Internal Name=ÊѽÀ°ÓɶÞÀØ64
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Default
Reg Cache=Yes
Status=to check
Use TLB=Yes
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global
Core Note=
Plugin Note=Needs video plugin

Trotterwatch

There are several video plugins that work with this game, Rices video 6.00, Direct64 + Jabos. I find Rices is the best though as it plays the game fullspeed.

The errors with PJ64 seem to be more core related, this is by virtue that the actually thing locks up - + it works in 1964 :)

Different levels are affected differently too, one of the game types works perfect, another works but is very slow.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

i have no lock ups ... it 's very slow sometimes due to a problem of video plugin. In fact this game is using SDEX ucode which is stressing for gfx plugin. If you run the game with glide64 (with real voodoo) and don't switch in fullscreen (so you have no gfx), nothing is slow: sound is at full speed !!!

Trotterwatch

Ah, just tried it with Glide64 and indeed no lock ups in PJ64, odd :) Runs a bit slow though, but I know that's the price of the wrapper sometimes.

olivieryuyu

here what i get with Real N64 CRC Tool V2.1

FileName : c:\rom\Nushi Tsuri 64 - Shiokaze ni Notte (J) [!].z64
ROM Title : Ã+-ÌÏ64+ÁÂ¥Ìã+»+
Type : CIC-NUS-6102
CRC's : $5B9B1618, $1B43C649 [Wrong]

Status
Not open for further replies.