Use TLB=No
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible

CrazyYatta

Well, that my friend is an overdump in case you haven't noticed, so why add it? Theres about 7 different overdumps for that particular game, and thatd be unnecisary to add all of them, don't you think?

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=5307

Check that out, it might help you.

On a side note, this may be kinda stupid, but what about this one.

[DCBCACD1-D72FAA33-C:45]
Good Name=GoldenEye 007 (U) [h3] (Frozen Enemies)
Internal Name=GOLDENEYE
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=Yes
Use Large Buffer=Yes
Linking=Off
Status=Compatible
Core Note=high system requirement
Plugin Note=[video] Force Depth Compare:splitscreen (See GameFAQ)
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=Yes
Clear Frame=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Emulate Clear=0

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

The RDB should be free of all hacks, since they are not guaranteed to work with PJ64.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Clements, why not adding (again) "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)" in the RDB? Since it works better on PJ64 than the [!] version and the only differences between this version and the [!] version is the header and the region code it would not be a bad idea. This is just a suggestion but it would make the game run fullspeed without being marked as a bad rom :)

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

PsyMan said:
Clements, why not adding (again) "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)" in the RDB? Since it works better on PJ64 than the [!] version and the only differences between this version and the [!] version is the header and the region code it would not be a bad idea. This is just a suggestion but it would make the game run fullspeed without being marked as a bad rom :)

Then people would ask to add other fixed roms too. It is a bad rom since it is not identical to the original, they can still run it in PJ64 if they wish. I don't really want PJ64 to go the way of Nesticle where roms were altered to work better on emulators. I noticed there was another fixed rom in there, I may remove that as well. 50/50 fps is still fullspeed anyway, hacking the rom to 60fps can't be without problems.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Indeed... Even if the game is PAL 60 there can be no exceptions. In that case 1964 is the only choice.

CrazyYatta

Ya, it's not much, but i noticed one tiny little thing. the Neon Genesis Evangelion game now has a good dump (in 2.02a), so in the rdb, it should say [!] instead of [b3]. I noticed this cuz when i put the newer one in, it still read [b3]. Just something to know =P

OP
Clements

Clements

That's the thing- I don't know the CRC of the 2.02a good dump, so I just changed the current one to [b3] as like a placeholder until someone could tell me the CRC of the proper dump from GoodN64 2.02a.

The CRC of the bad dump is:
147E0EDB-36C5B12C-C:4A

Perhaps the new dump has the same CRC, I don't know. If you could tell me the CRC (Use Tool64, right click > rom properties, you'll see CRC1, CRC2 and the region code, get rid of the 0x and give the code in the format shown above)

A Bad2Good patch for this particlar game would be good...

Chris_W

Clements said:
That's the thing- I don't know the CRC of the 2.02a good dump, so I just changed the current one to [b3] as like a placeholder until someone could tell me the CRC of the proper dump from GoodN64 2.02a.

The CRC of the bad dump is:
147E0EDB-36C5B12C-C:4A

Perhaps the new dump has the same CRC, I don't know. If you could tell me the CRC (Use Tool64, right click > rom properties, you'll see CRC1, CRC2 and the region code, get rid of the 0x and give the code in the format shown above)

A Bad2Good patch for this particlar game would be good...

Most off all the Good and Bad Dumps will share the Same CRCs aswell as [o*] [f*] so really you can not put [B*] for one etc as all entries if good, Bad or Copierfixed will all be read as the same entry.

Personally i think a refference if you was to do the Job correctly in the RDB should read Use the Good [!] Version and then people could right click on the Rom Browser and select Rom Info to find out what version of the rom that one is.

This is how i did it plus named all for 202b also which is one of the reasons i never released it once Goodn64 202b is out im sure one of the Team will release the RDB and cheat file along with anything else if they are any.

if you would like a compleate List of full goodn64 202a with no hacks,trainers or translations then let me know Clements and ill send them to you all the crcs, Internal names and file names in a HTML.

[!] [b*] [f*] being the Goodn64 202a-b

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

That would be great, that's the sort of info I really need, I'd be able to add the remaining games and put up some preliminary settings that could be bug tested.

OP
Clements

Clements

Yay! Thanks to Chris_W's info, I was able to fix the rest of the RDB up with mainly name changes of Japanese games. There are also some new entries. here's the list:

64 de Hakken!! Tamagotchi Minna de Tamagotchi World (J) [!]
Bass Rush - ECOGEAR PowerWorm Championship (J) [NEW!] (has no settings)
Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (J) [!]
F-1 World Grand Prix (G) [!] [NEW!]
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4 (J) [!]
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 5 (J) [!]
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 6 (J) [!]
Kakutou Denshou - F-Cup Maniax (J) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) (GC Version) [NEW!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (GC Version) [!] [NEW!]
Monaco Grand Prix - Racing Simulation 2 (E) [!]
Neon Genesis Evangelion (J) [!]
Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!]
Pocket Monsters Stadium GS (J) [!]
Pokemon Stadium (E) (V1.0) [!]
Pokemon Stadium (E) (V1.1) [!] [NEW!]
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (E) (V1.0) [!]
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (E) (V1.1) [!] [NEW!]
Star Wars - Teikoku no Kage (J) [!]
Tokisora Senshi Turok (J) [!]
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (U) (V1.0) [!]
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (U) (V1.1) [!] [NEW!]

I also removed the fixed Jet Force Gemini rom since it's pretty redundant now that the [!] works fine.

I've released the RDB as v1.5.1e below, make sure you test those new games to see if they indeed work.

CrazyYatta

Horray! You know, I SORTA helped. lol. Im just kidding. I'm just glad that was all figured out. Also uh, I have a tiny question. When I tried changing the colors of a "Bad ROM", It still stays black on white. Any thoughts? also, I've noticed that Doubutsu no Mori (J) still says "Uncertain". Could it be possible that i make it certain? lol. It runs perfect for me, and i don't get the supposide crash when re-entering house or nothing. I do have to admit that when i first tried playing it, the frame-rate was unbearably slow. I messed around with some of the settings, and in frustration, changed everything i could to "Default" setting, and now the damn game runs near perfect. Heres what i got:

[BD8E206D-98C35E1C-C:4A]
Good Name=Doubutsu no Mori (J)
Internal Name=DOUBUTSUNOMORI
RDRAM Size=Default
Counter Factor=Default
CPU Type=Default
Self-modifying code Method=Default
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Core Note=
Plugin Note=

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

CrazyYatta said:
Horray! You know, I SORTA helped. lol. Im just kidding. I'm just glad that was all figured out. Also uh, I have a tiny question. When I tried changing the colors of a "Bad ROM", It still stays black on white. Any thoughts?

You can actually change the colours by editing the part at the top of the file:

Code:
Bad ROM?=000000
Bad ROM?.Sel=000000
Bad ROM?.Seltext=FFFFFF
Bad ROM?.AutoFullScreen=False

It suggests you can use these colours as well if you want:

Code:
// various colours, currently unused:
// 630460 purple
// BF6E29 orange
// 603913 brown
// 834200 dark orange
// A66023

Just play around with the values.

CrazyYatta

I know Clements. The thing is, i changed ALL the colors of everything else, the only thing is, Bad ROM's are the only ones that don't change to the colors i tell them to.

BTW, re-read above post, i added some stuff

OP
Clements

Clements

You want Doubutsu no Mori (J) to show up as green and compatible? Right click it, edit game settings, rom notes, and change it to compatible. Then just refresh the rom browser.

CrazyYatta

Clements said:
You want Doubutsu no Mori (J) to show up as green and compatible? Right click it, edit game settings, rom notes, and change it to compatible. Then just refresh the rom browser.

Oh, no, I've done that =P. I was just saying in case, you know, It could be added to the RDB or something sometime. I mean, I'm pretty sure alot of people could back me up on this. Anyways, have you tried to change the color in which Bad ROMS are displayed? It just aint working for me. All the others are tho, so i cant see the problem.

OP
Clements

Clements

Sorry, I wasn't sure what you meant, but those settings Doubutsu no Mori (J) work great.

I found out that it's the Protected Memory setting that's causing the slowdown, and changing it to default fixes that problem.

I'll probably alter the RDB with the new settings, perhaps changing it to compatible, and removing the core note.

About the Bad Rom thing, I don't know, never thought about changing the colours before so I don't know exactly how it works.

CrazyYatta

DAMN! 201 FPS?? Did u change anything different from my settings, or is it just cuz ur PC is so bad ass? :p I'm still getting a little under 60.

OP
Clements

Clements

Here are the new settings I'm using, inspired by your settings:

Code:
[BD8E206D-98C35E1C-C:4A]
Good Name=Doubutsu no Mori (J)
Internal Name=DOUBUTSUNOMORI
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Default
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Core Note=
Plugin Note=

Works fine! :w00t:
It'll be great to see some testing/feedback to make sure these settings don't crash the game at any point.

CrazyYatta

I'll give em a shot right now! I'll tell ya tho, when i was using my settings as they were, I played the game for a couple hours straight (Since playin the one for GC, everythings fairly familiar). I was able to save and continue anytime I wanted to. The only issue was time. Everytime you re-enter your town, you have to talk to the K.K. dog and reset the time. Of course, this doesnt effect gameplay. It automaticlly fills in everything that would happen from the time u last saved (just like in the gc)!! So if u saved a game, re-entered the time a month later, Your town would be full of weeds and ur house filled with rouches

edit/ I can vouge for this, seeing as I just tested that =P. I mean christ, even Mr. Reset comes up if u simply close the emu/end emulation without saving the game you're currently in. I'd probably make note these things in the GameFAQ. Like the time having to be fixed everytime you re-enter a game, Mr. Reset coming up if you dont save your game b4 ending emulation, and also time de-syncronizes a little after a while. Also, a problem with the game is theres a long pause b4 entering inventory, or the town map (sorta like the problem with Zelda OOT). If someone made some sort of Sub-screen fix or w/e for this game, that'd be great! but for now, just gonna have to wait a little while =P.

Anyways, about the colors, what say ye? How about giving mine a try? The colors are a bit smoother than what comes in the standard RDB. Too me its a bit more comforting :p Anyways, here they are for anyone willing to do this.

[Rom Status]

Compatible=7BC900
Compatible.Sel=7BC900
Compatible.Seltext=E6FFCE

Interpreter only=003300
Interpreter only.Sel=003300
Interpreter only.Seltext=FFFFFF

Issues (mixed)=406900
Issues (mixed).Sel=406900
Issues (mixed).Seltext=E9FACE

Issues (core)=406900
Issues (core).Sel=406900
Issues (core).Seltext=E9FACE

Issues (plugin)=406900
Issues (plugin).Sel=406900
Issues (plugin).Seltext=E9FACE

Unsupported=A72626
Unsupported.Sel=A72626
Unsupported.Seltext=FFD7D7
Unsupported.AutoFullScreen=False

Only intro/part OK=C70A8F
Only intro/part OK.Sel=C70A8F
Only intro/part OK.Seltext=FFE5F7
Only intro/part OK.AutoFullScreen=False

Needs video plugin=00897C
Needs video plugin.Sel=30A59A
Needs video plugin.Seltext=D8FFFB

Needs audio plugin=00897C
Needs audio plugin.Sel=00897C
Needs audio plugin.Seltext=FFFFFF

Region issue=004490
Region issue.Sel=004490
Region issue.Seltext=C9E2FF

Region issue (p)=004490
Region issue (p).Sel=004490
Region issue (p).Seltext=C9E2FF

Region issue (c)=004490
Region issue (c).Sel=004490
Region issue (c).Seltext=C9E2FF

Broken (core)=603913
Broken (core).Sel=603913
Broken (core).Seltext=FFFFFF
Broken (core).AutoFullScreen=False

Broken (plugin)=4E3D2C
Broken (plugin).Sel=4E3D2C
Broken (plugin).Seltext=FFFFFF

Uncertain=000000
Uncertain.Sel=000000
Uncertain.Seltext=E2E2E2

Unknown=444444
Unknown.Sel=000000
Unknown.Seltext=E2E2E2

Bad ROM?=FF0000
Bad ROM?.Sel=FF0000
Bad ROM?.Seltext=E2E2E2
Bad ROM?.AutoFullScreen=False

Of course, keep in mind, the Bad ROM one doesnt change (at least for me). If anyone sees blareing red for Bad ROMs when they put this in, tell me, cuz something aint working right for mine :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.