What's new

The E3 Thread

smcd

One could still argue that it is revolutionary and perhaps even a good idea as at least one competitor is up to copying it :)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I'm sorry, but all of these announcements just make the 360 look stronger and stronger.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Hmm the PS3 with 20GB hdd will cost 499 dollars and the one with 60GB hdd will cost 599 dollars...

The motion sensing PS3 control is preatty lame. Wii's nunchuck got more advanced motion sensing than that crap and the main controller = owns

Miretank

Lurking
seth said:
One could still argue that it is revolutionary and perhaps even a good idea as at least one competitor is up to copying it :)
me on msn said:
/[E3!!!']Miretank>... says:
that controlly may be a pure COPY of nintendo's intentions, but man, with MSG4 and a controller like that, who will remember of wii?

I'm so far impressed with Sony's conference. The delay was a pain, but it paid my expectations.
The trailers were good enough, I just hope GT HD to be better than what I've seen. The controller show was very cool IMO, though it's CLEARLY an advice for Nintendo's Wii.

The price... salty. But can't blame on it. I'm really worried with PS3 Games prices.

After that, Nintendo will have to get THE GUTS to fight Sony.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Revolution = 250$
PS3 (Lame name) = 499$ or 599$
I wonder which will win... It seems Square Enix is now swaying more towards nintendo, too. Sony is losing its grip on Square Enix, which is good news! And there is still left to see if not the ps3 is delayed once more (haven't seen the conference yet, btw), due to the blu-ray, since it is obviously more important than the console.

I think this year Sony will have high pressure from both microsoft and nintendo.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Iwata could come on stage, drop trou, and punch out a cleaveland steamer on stage, and it would still be 100 x more awesome then Sony's conference.

WhiteX

Jaz said:
I'm sorry, but all of these announcements just make the 360 look stronger and stronger.

As I, not anybody Fanboy, have been saying...

M$ could get this gen.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I agree, all rage at sony aside, nothing that sony showed during their conference (except the GT:HD Zoom out on the grand canyon) made me go, Whoa! That's Awesome! like the graphics on the 360 did the first time i saw them. Their more complex character animations were interesting, but that could be done on the 360, that model of Tiger Woods that was done could also be done on the 360. And guess what? The 360 is already out there, and its cheaper.

PS, I also think Nintendo has this round locked up with Microsoft. They will truly have the consoles to own.

WhiteX

Let´s see if Sony´s exclusivity contracts with 3rd party will make to next gen, if not, they´re dead.

Alchemist

Hexidecimal said:
Iwata could come on stage, drop trou, and punch out a cleaveland steamer on stage, and it would still be 100 x more awesome then Sony's conference.

Wow, bad mental pictures.

True none-the-less.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Nintendo's COnference ruled.

Okay, nintendo recap:

Shiggy hits the stage in a tux, with Wii Control in hand, conducts a symphony on the wii, in real time, to the zelda theme to open the show, fucking awesome.

Ubisoft Dev plays Red Steel, some of the camera looks odd, but for the most part gameplay was awesome looking.

Reggie hits the stage, talks about Wii, what we want to know about it, and when we'll find out. Talks about the reason for namig the console, talks about the possiblities with the new interface. Says we will see the Wii in the fourth quarter of this year, cheaper then any of the competetion.

Shows clips of all new games, including Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Tennis/Golf/Baseball, and of course Twilight Princess.

Reggie comes back, talks about TP,and announces that there will be a Wii launch title version, and a NGC version. Then 2 devs for TP come out, and play the game on stage, show a bunch of interesting gameplay with bow and arrow, slingshot, boomerang, sword play, parrying, always using the nunchuck.

Announce that both parts of the Wii Nunchuck are motion sensitive.

Reggie comes back, introduces Iwata, who talks about the company direction, goals, and what they have accomplished.

I believe there was another guy who came out and talked about how much the DS is beating the PSP in sales and announced new games for it, including Brain Academy, and a new starfox game, as well as a sequel to Yoshi's Island for SNES.

Miyamoto comes out to pick AOL Wii Play winner. Dude McGuy comes up on stage, and plays the new tennis game with Miyamoto, Reggie and Iwata. Miyamoto and Dude beat reggie and Iwata.

Reggie says a couple more things, shows more metroid, then closes the conference.

No Price Point, No official date, but after seeing what that control can so I am so sold.

No more disclosed about the Virtual Console, kind of disappointing, didn't get to see the system interface, also kind of disappointing, but it was tons better then the sony show.

Microsoft is up in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

Hexidecimal said:
I just finished watching the E3 conference for Sony. It was absolutely terrible and utter crap.

And, they ripped off the Wiimote, Way to suck sony, way to fucking suck.
LOL!!! everyone I know is complaining about the Wiimote, now the PS3 copies the idea... GO XBOX 360!

CKemu

Odd, everyone says sony copied the nintendo wii's remote, just to point out that

#1: The gyroscopic control was a logitech toy back in what 1995-6
#2: The Wii uses position tracking via sensor, a different technology

Nintendo Wii...the revolution....yes 1988-1990 strikes again, with Mario 904.2, though I must say the sword fighting looks fun, and the wii will appeal to the social party gamer...and the quiet gamer to ashamed to wave his arms in public!

360 looked old and tired already, and lacking any innovation, hell atleast the PS3 has that neato eyetoy...oh and a zillion other major francises to enjoy. Nintendo got a crystal chronicles, but after the last one...erff glad they do!

PS3 price, hefty, but for the HW thats in it, not bad, hell the RSX alone should cost around the same price as the current nVidia 7900GT, just wait 6 months, and voila get it for a much cheaper price.

Still I'll prolly get the Wii (fun) and the PS3 (all the games I want, plus they look fantastic), the x360 can go shove it's nasty self in a dark room and keep the cold out, no titles that grab me, slow stuttery moments when the action gets hot in oh so many games, bugs galore, still...new 360 my neighbour got lacks AA on games and the x360 represents everything I fear about the console world:

PC bugs to consoles (BSODS, lock ups, geometry going spikey as hell, patches)
Nasty bug ridden games, that need patches (Hello you're programing for static HW you shit heads, get it right or don't bloody bother)
Repackaged un inspired PC HW in a box
Dull PC gaming

Last edited:

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
Halo 3
Halo 3
Halo 3
Halo 3
Halo 3
Halo 3

Regarding the who-ripped-off-who game that is going on with the PS3 and Wii. MS and Logitec released a pc controller that was tilt-sensitive back in 1999. It failed miserably.

That being said. The PS3 implementation of it is piss-poor in comparison to that of the Wii.

J-Nic

Zelda Guru
Just finished watching the first part of E3 06 and man was that quite the event. The games I took to were spore, crysis, halo 3 and Super Mario Brothers Galaxy (somewhat, I'd definatly give it a try) the wii also looks like its going a different direction in gaming, and the PS3...$499-599... at any rate, I'm looking forward to the rest of E3, and definatly a ZTP update.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Nintendo put on an excellent conference, as usual. ZTP looked fantastic on Wii, and it's also quite graphically stunning considering Wii isn't as powerful as the other two systems. Disaster and Red Steel also looked pretty amazing, def caught my attention. (As did Mario Galaxy, the Final Fantasy sequel, and Sonic of course). Control looks like great fun, despite my earlier feelings towards it.

I feel slightly disappointed by DS - wish they had showed something more promising in the near future. Then again, they already sold me one, so what does that matter ^^

As for MS, it already seems to be getting a bit stale. I can't say much for PS3, except that the gameplay looks somewhat mind-numbing and the price is a bit hefty.

J-Nic

Zelda Guru
ShizZy said:
As for MS, it already seems to be getting a bit stale.

It definatly seems that way, but I've never owned an xbox, so what can I say?

EDIT: whoops, didn't quote that right (still new here)

Last edited:

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Especially the Halo 3 trailer - I was somewhat a fan of the original game, but man, was that video a hunk of garbage :p