What's new

Snes emulation

Talas

Son of the Sky
Ok ok, this doesnt REALLY belong into this thread but I really am wondering what happenend and this thread is rather lively.

I just installed zbattle from zbattle.net. There was no problem with the installation and so I proceeded, starting the program, entering my nickname and providing the path where the executable for ZSNES is and BAM! "You are banned!"

Well, I had read on the site that many people got banned and that those should take a look at the forum, so I wanted to take a look at the forum and BAM "You are banned from this forum". Hello??? What happenend? :doh: Anyone here who can help? I wrote the admin an email but that may take some time.

Clements

I hear that a number of people have been accidently banned. The admin should be able to reinstate you though. You can still play online as long as you know your opponents IP, and you can organise this using Windows/MSN or similar type messenger program (exchange games and IPs via it) Of course, its easier with zBattle.net.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wow, longest thread for snes ever! ;) :emutalk:
This "can't move" thing also seem to happen on the n64 when 1964 loads a pj state...the thing would be best to use a native save...wonder why it happens, though.

And I've beaten super mario rpg too in snes9x of course, and now i really know there's no bugs ;) i didn't see any either to what i can remember.

Trotterwatch

I love Super Mario RPG - it has good gameplay, and humour that actually works :) I think I'll continue playing on with ZSNes, apart from the occasionally text glitch and disappearing sprites when you first enter certain shops (for about 1 sec), it isn't too bad.

I tried loading a native save into Snes9x earlier and it never shown up (just showed up as blank), just retried it and it works fine.

scotty

The Great One
yes it is a really long thread, that is why I purposefully started a fresh one, I know that SNES emulation rules and is very popular.
As long as there is one thread that isnt for SNES emulation, then they should be, I wonder if the administrators would see this so they can creat one on just SNES emulation, they have one for Jnes, why not have one for ZSNES and SNES9X??????

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
scotty said:

they have one for Jnes, why not have one for ZSNES and SNES9X??????
Because the author of Jnes is Jabo, and we host his site. We don't host SNES9X or ZSNES, so opening a forum for those emulators is rather useless. You should also consider the fact that we can't provide the same amount of support for those emulators that their official forums provide. The "Other Emulation Forum" is quite enough.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Clements said:
Also (although not a bug as such but annoys) when objects move into and out of the screen (eg. the Nintendo Logo in Killer Instinct and many others) it is not filtered in ZSnes whereas in Snes9x these effects are filtered.

Turn off hi-res mode 7 if you want EVERYTHING filtered.

HRM7 makes it so any time Mode7 is used, the system runs the M7 plane at full res (defaults to quarter res), but filters have to turn off because there aren't enough pixels to use them - same as games that natively use full res :)

Clements

I didn't have the option on! In fact, High Resolution mode 7 only appeared as an option when I disabled Triple Buffering. With the High Resolution mode 7 option on or off, the Killer Instinct Nintendo logo is still unfiltered whilst moving, unlike Snes9x where its filtered wherever it is. The mode 7 planes are filtered with the option off like the map in ToP when the option is off. Another example of this is at the beginning of The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, zooming in on the house- unfiltered in ZSnes with High Resolution mode 7 on or off, but filtered all the way in Snes9x.

Clements

2XSAI for both. I found out though that Snes9x does not in fact filter the effect, but a nVidia graphics card automatically filters it.

http://www.snes9x.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7328

Even if you turn the filters off in Snes9x, they are still filtered by my graphics card and it looks the same as with a filter on.

ZSnes I believe does not do this, so hardware filters cannot be used. I hope the Snes9x team can help the ZSnes team to implement this simple feature.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Clements said:
2XSAI for both. I found out though that Snes9x does not in fact filter the effect, but a nVidia graphics card automatically filters it.

http://www.snes9x.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7328

Even if you turn the filters off in Snes9x, they are still filtered by my graphics card and it looks the same as with a filter on.

ZSnes I believe does not do this, so hardware filters cannot be used. I hope the Snes9x team can help the ZSnes team to implement this simple feature.

Ah, right.

Well... hmm, ZSNES's filters are post-filters on the output, so if they aren't working, then that's really weird. I'll ask pf later.

scotty

The Great One
SNES9X probably will not help out ZSNES, Gary Henderson helped out ZSknight with the development of the core of ZSNES. Gary Henderson would probably have made his emulator better by now if he had not gone missing.

Gary Henderson Where are you???
If you are hiding, we are waiting for you to come out of the dark

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Scotty, uh... riiiiiiiight... o_O;

Clements: pf has no idea how it's possible that you aren't getting filtering in those scenes. Also he has absolutely no idea how it's possible the Hi-Res Mode 7 option would disappear when you select Triple-Buffering. He wants you to connect to

Clements

I found out that the High Resolution Mode 7 option doesn't work with triple buffering enabled in the Old Graphics engine (I had this accidently enabled, not the case with the New Graphics engine however) I've tried fiddling with all the settings including all resolutions, S, DS, DR etc and High Resolution mode 7 on and off, and I can't get the zooming effects filtered like Snes9x. Am I the only one with this problem? I get the same problem on my old PC as well.

Another game affected is Super Bomberman 3 at the victory screen. In Zsnes it's not filtered (2XSAI on, HRM7 disabled):