What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Shadowman

BloodRayne

I'm pretty much working from an 'extreme hi-res' angle, making textures with a maximum of 512x512 pixels and using mostly photosourced material. Working on the characters is harder though since the textures were mapped per pixel; meaning that if you make the textures bigger most of the enemies and baddies lose their texturemapping (hence why I'ld like to remodel them).

As soon as I have workable screenies I'll post them up here. :)

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Damn, cool, 512x512 is awesome.

So i take it there was no compression etc on the PC version? I really would like to find it somehow, lol.

I have a quick question. You know in Netties house, are there candles on the floor? I saw some in a screen and Id like to try and make it on the N64 version...

Anyway Im about to start work on the menu screens. Its one of few things I can do here. I plan to make the background out of dead skin sewn together and stuff, then scan it in. Ill upload the psd afterwards, if youd want to use it on your own project? If theres any way I can help you, id like to, as this game deserves all the recognition it can get, so its for the good of the game.

Im also gonna look at the characters soon. Im not sure what you mean, Per pixel? I think thats too advanced for mmy knowledge at the moment.. must be annoying though, to work with.

BloodRayne

Damn, cool, 512x512 is awesome.
These days most videocards can easily handle such texturesize so it's pretty cool. But it does contrast a lot with the lo-poly modeling and mapping.

So i take it there was no compression etc on the PC version? I really would like to find it somehow, lol.
The data directory has all the flat tga files so it's basically a matter of making new tga's.

I have a quick question. You know in Netties house, are there candles on the floor? I saw some in a screen and Id like to try and make it on the N64 version...
Yes I think there were, I'ld have to make a screenshot when I get home.

Anyway Im about to start work on the menu screens. Its one of few things I can do here. I plan to make the background out of dead skin sewn together and stuff, then scan it in. Ill upload the psd afterwards, if youd want to use it on your own project? If theres any way I can help you, id like to, as this game deserves all the recognition it can get, so its for the good of the game.
The menu looks pretty good in the PC version, I don't know if it differs from the console version?

Im also gonna look at the characters soon. Im not sure what you mean, Per pixel? I think thats too advanced for mmy knowledge at the moment.. must be annoying though, to work with.
Basically it means that it's not possible to increase the texturesize of the creature and model skins, which is a shame!

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Menu backgrounds

Theres one part a little more contrasty but its not gonna be that bothersome, as the only place thisll show up and youll be able to see that part in its entirity, are the intro screens.

Full version of this is 1280x960, but I couldnt upload it as its too big. I have the full sized saved and Im gonna start working on the overlays for the individual screens.

Sucks I had to do it again, I lost my original PSD so the one screen ive already spliced, needs to be done again. Still.

Uses my own skin again. Sorta :p

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
double post :(

So last I left you, I had started a base for the menu screens.

I now have about three screens left, unfortunately they are hard, and I havent started on the other screens (documents, etc)

800x600 uploaded but they are in fact 1280x900 at highest res. I have set up a small site for the project for updates to be posted regularly so as not to spam threads etc. Look for it soon.

The screens left, in this series, are the inventory, loading, expansion pack found and Iguana studios. I dont think I have to include the Iguana studios screen, as they were brought out by Acclaim and no longer exist?

I would like some comments if you think these are good, bad, whatever. The warp screen took me a few hours, so...

Hopefully the next pack will be a full user interface! Its the most needed.

edit: I am also possibly getting help with the characters in the future, which is welcome. More details on that, when I get them :p

Last edited:

Rastaman360

I love whats hapening with this classic game.

just a note tho: I personally thought your sky was perfect as it is, not to forget shadowman is meant to look odd, thats why the game didnt have a normal sky in the first place.

also the bridge looked miles better i dotn think we could get it perfect as we can only replace the texture not make the texture and paint it into the ploygon wire frame.

the rom is still thinking its loading the origional file but we're replacing the used file with a much better file.

as for the hands been white i love it, to me they looked like a manquin and witht eh holes in the palms and bolts in them, makes it kinda depressing.

Ive just donated for this project and cant wait to try retexturing my slef.:drool:

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Thanks guys!

Yeah rasta youve got the right idea! Theres some things I cant work miracles on. As i said too, its really a pack for me so if im Ok with it, thats how it works :cool: I really want to get this done by october so I can replay it at halloween. Weird.

Anyway I havent done much recently, i have alot of band stuff to do for people so that takes priority. I redid the govi earlier though, took about 20-30 mins;
View attachment 32107

M[u]ddy

Rastaman360 said:
thats what ive already been told, after doing it loads of people which have seen it have said they love it, even people in the pj64 member forum like it.

and actually the only fully completed one is cell shaded, so when i complete this gamers who like cell shaded games can use that, or if they want a realistic approach they can use mine.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=33667

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
yeah

Its been a while, I was planning on doing something in the coming weeks but im real busy with doing art for other people and stuff. Im going to continue on this sometime though. cheers for the interest

iriedaily

Great, nice to hear that. :party:
I'm currently dling Shadowman (PC), PM me if you wanna have it (as you stated interest - I can send it 2 u in a week or so)

Edit: I just ran over the pages and looked at the pics... dude... WOW. It almost perfectly matches my likings and looks fucking awesome. Impressive work!!

Last edited:

alanchiz

Nice to hear this is still happening Alex, I had assumed that due to BW64 and life in general, this had been scrapped.

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
to be fair if anything itll be BYW64 i cancel. way too much work.

And life is way too in the way.

iriedaily

I've got the PC-Version now, most textures are already more or less high-res. I can send it 2u if that's gonna help the progress.

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors

So I am working on this again.
Im going to focus on the PC version now (thanks ;) ) as its far superior, although it can all be ported over to the N64 version at the end. Im thinking of experimenting with the N64 port... maybe apply a final layer to the textures, and have an effect not dissimilar to Manhunt... like playing the game on old 9mm film or something. We'll see, ill do that at the end anyway.

Above is a few textures Ive made for the Asylum so far... God damn, it is HUGE. ALOT more graphics to work on now, some are dupes, but some are brand new. And some, I have no idea how Im going to make. Im doing a few scale models for some of the graphics (the aptly named "arsehole.tga" will have to be a model, sprayed and finished and then photographed) but some of the stuff... its pretty complex. I think I might start experimenting with Zbrush.

And if anyone has any tips on making your own hi-res fire for animations... MUCH appreciated. Ive yet to get around to doing a black screen capture of fire yet. Maybe soon. i cant afford stock footage of it at all.

Im sorry its such a dull update. Getting rooms fully retextured is a lot harder than it seemed, now.
And to be honest? Im fed up of working with yellow rusty metal. God damn asylum!

Im going to redo some of the deadside imagery I did before now... it could be better.

edit: and ill probably tone down the white edges on those cogs. never noticed em.

Last edited by a moderator:

iriedaily

ur a genius *drool*

just wanna keep this alive and tell that Im providing Shadowman (PC) for those who don't have it/can't get it. just pm me