What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Shadowman

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Thanks for the overwhelming responses. I shall be turning shadowman in to Link any day soon.
[Those that show interest though, and those who gave me rep for it too, it is much appreciated. <3 ]

First Pack Release: Lousiana Bayou.
Includes 116 textures, all the level is redone except the sky and cave later on in the game. (which will be included in Deadside Pack.)

Download:
Rapid Share Download Link - 9.76 MB.

Screenshots:
shadowman211vv.jpg

shadowman40qp.jpg

shadowman72sl.jpg

shadowman130wh.jpg

shadowman110fn.jpg

shadowman187rl.jpg

No actors were retextured except the Barrels.
Please let me know what you think. The next focus is either on characters, the Prison, or Subway. Again, Please let me know which is preferred.

Edit: If someone could help with the font, and maybe later, if we could get a team of splicers for the many identical screens, itd be much appreciated. Tedious work, but many hands make light work.

Last edited:

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
The wood on the bridge tiles badly. That, and the sky could use more work. Looks like a swirly mess of something, and it isn't a sky.

KMan said:
The wood on the bridge tiles badly. That, and the sky could use more work. Looks like a swirly mess of something, and it isn't a sky.

Exactly my thoughts as soon as it loaded, the sky looks, well, not fun, and the bridge was about to fall apart, though when i look on the untextured side it looks kinda weird too, might be differnt height between the textures, hard to see, If not, here's a nice trick i use all the time;

Duplicate the texture till you have 3 layers.

Make sure you have snap enabled and drag the 2 top layers left and right till they snap at the center of the texture you're dragging, the bottom one should be covered by the 2 top ones on the pixel, no overlapping and no space between them.

Then take the eraser and use a fairly big circular brush at 0% hardness (i.e a soft brush), and start to erase the inner edges of the top layers till it looks good, as if it is one texture and nothing that looks out of place.

Save it and test, it should tile perfectly horizontally now, you can do the same vertically if it tiles vertically at some point.

Hope it helps.

If it's hight difference...oh well... It looks great apart from the things mentioned.

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Thanks for the constructive criticism all. Both issues im aware of, reasons being:
Yes it is a height issue though if we want be accurate about it its a vertice shading issue. Bridge is made up of about three actors, all of which for some reason have that shading at one edge. Could be gotten rid of via mathematics but I personally felt I could live with it, it wasnt worth the thought in my head considering doing that would further mess up any repetitions of that wood graphic when its not applied to an actor. Maybe when I go back through the levels when its all done, and recode the polys where needed, Ill touch back on this, but thats work for a later day.

The sky, fair enough, but I dont see it as an issue. I acknowledge the "Its a swirl of nothing" ideals, but I also acknowledge the idea that the sky is actually a sky dome, hard as hell to get a repetitive, and high quality, image going on as its only a single 256x256 image. Couple that with the fact the only way to tile it that I can do (and yes, I do know how to tile) is soft shade the edges, you are left with like 100x100px in the middle to add a few clouds. This just gives it away that its a tile.

And the original graphic didnt so much look like a sky anyway. I like the atmosphere it gives off. Though, by all means, if anyone feels they can, and wants to, make a better sky template, Im all for that, but thats the best I can do and I feel it suits my needs perfectly. [edit; and of course, post it in here. Itd be much appreciated]

Sorry for the tl;dr, I just dont want to be seen as someone who doesnt know what theyre doing.

Oh and a nice addition to that tiling method you posted, which I use, is to use clone stamp etc on the middle areas of the texture, to get rid of some key features you might have, so when it tiles its not as blatant.

Last edited:
You sure proved yourself with that post, sorry for underestimating you, should have known better from those screens (have to admit that i focused too much on the last one and more or less ignored the others till after posting).

About the sky, if you have trouble with it i'll probably won't do any better so i'll skip this one, besides, i'm too lazy to find the game ;P

And yeah, thanks for the tip, never considered using that, or rather never needed to, not yet, but there'll probably pop up some annoying "key features" soon enough, so...thanks again :D

You know of any site or something with texturing tips and tricks?
All i know is self taught (came up with the above "trick" the same day i started with waverace like 2-3 days ago) so i can't help to think there must be alot that i've still got to learn.

//Keep it up

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
lol didnt intend to prove myself, just disprove my tardedness. Cant say I have any more tips. I mean, I probably do, but you know what its like... you do them off hand until they are brought up and stuff. Anything else I know is likely stuff everyone else knows too :p

Anyway enough talk from me I guess. Be back in a few weeks with more stuff : P

And maybe the sky...by which i mean not :p Cheers again

64fanatic

wow..I like everything, i personally like the sky=]

lol.

Everything looks so..nice.

I can't wait to see more!:bouncy:

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Hopefully I can get the game completed by next october. At that point it will have been a year long project :( But Id love to be able to be playing it, hi-res, at around halloween time...

Anyways, WIP.
The Asylum
As O6 will attest, this is one HUGE stage. Makes up roughly a third of the game, I believe, and is massive. As such its a soul destroying task trying to retexture, as it will continue to throw graphics at you relentlessly. Im taking it bit by bit, started at the Engine block. Luckily, graphics are also reused, relentlessly :)P) so it whittles it down.
Please no comments on the obvious tiling, as the game does this. Around this part in the game, alot of elements are represented as square panelling.

Kinda proud of this so far. I really feel it sticks to the original feel of the Asylums art direction, but is just more detailed. I could still use some help though, half of it could even be just copy and pasting elements Ive done as graphics sometimes repeat but with variations. I dont know.

Edit: Of course these are quick snapshots. I havent finished the stage so Ive yet to do Before/After shots, sorry. I will try to do an update every weekend if I can. If theres nothing to show then clearly I wont, but if theres some work having been done I will, regardless of if I can get a pack up or not.

Edit 2: I have also decided against modding the PC version of Shadow Man. Despite, apparently, its superiority over all versions and the possibility of model editing, I cant find it for sale anywhere, or on eBay. If its hard to come by, then theres less call for the PC mod than there is the N64, which can rather easily be obtained (as can the cartridge). So alas, I continue work on the N64 version. Maybe eventually a PC version can be ported, anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mollymutt

Wow! More than any game, this dosen't look like it came from N64. You have truly given it a vastly superior look! Great job!

Zichio

This is awesome!! Shadowman was one of my favorite games on the n64 (still gives me the creeps..). Now i just need to find my shadowman cart and play it some more:D...

Keep up the great work!..

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
This Fridays Update:

shadowman204pa.jpg

shadowman412sk.jpg

shadowman452km.jpg

shadowman509av7xq.jpg

Been working in the Asylum as I have stated before... slowly but surely getting there. Sorry for such few shots; I had real trouble picking out what I should post and what I shouldnt, I didnt really want to post 15 images!
Ive worked on playrooms, cathedral, engine block and Ive gotten the entire exterior done... which wasnt too hard, I went out and got pics of the cathedral, so...

I have just finished the Schism portals... one of the nastiest parts of the game, but not of course the nastiest. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, in terms of character design, as this guy turned out really nasty and disturbing (I reckon). Hopefully I can get the characters up to this standard, but damn, I had to look at some nasty reference pictures.

shadowmanc5f9494800d8012629cib.png

Wired up holes, gouged eyes, torn mouth... nasty. Thats the texture im using by the way. If anyone can hi res the back of the head and sides a bit more, thatd be great, but you dont really see it.

TS_, I posted on gscentral.org, about getting a code to turn off enemy AI so they stood still. I dont spose youd know how to hack this? I know its cheeky to ask, but it would really help texturing the enemies.

Until next week, thanks alot for your replies! I never expected much feedback, especially not having posted updates for a while. It means alot, thanks!

Last edited:

Zilla

&#22818;&#12434;&#35211;&#12425;&#12428;&#12383;
Wow, keep up the great work. I've been hoping someone would do a re-texture for this game for a while. :)

OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
lol i dont want wrestling in my thread :p

erm, I dont know. the issue seems to be with your browser. What you usin? Im using firefox and its fine.

I wouldnt imagine it to be a problem but as you say, it happens to other forums... could also be your ISP or something?

When I was at uni last week, their servers were messing up and stopping certain domains working but some did, so it could be like that (but i doubt it? dont take this as truth or whatever cuz i doubt it is..)

BloodRayne

Hey there,

After having retextured the swamp myself this weekend I decided to do a little bit of googling find an active retexturing project going on...yay!

What's interesting was your comment about modeling for shadowman. I'm working on the PC version myself. I haven't figured out the modelformat nor did I find any other moddingtools for shadowman. I'ld love to make some higherpoly models and anims for the game as well as edit some of the maps for added details. I'ld like to pick up the challenge, perhaps you know of any modding tools or converters for shadowman? :king:

Last edited:
OP
Im Bored

Im Bored

lol@censors
Nope sorry, I never looked in to it. I cant even find the PC version to buy anywhere (and I admit to looking to download it, too, but to no avail). Id love to try the game out though.

I did consider recoding some of the environments in the N64 version, but thats time consuming having to edit line by line.

Oh well. Thanks for dropping by, and its always good to see theres still interest in this game (everyone!) It really was, and still is, nasty. Bloodrayne, if you find anything out you think I should know, let me know, or any tips you have later on in terms of texturing, thatd be great.

[Ive yet to find any hidden textures though, like Turok 2's Baby faces :p ]
It would also be interesting to see your screens of the bayou too, see how you tackled it.

Once again thanks everyone for the support! I dont think Ill be doing much for a week though as Ive got time off, and Ive got some work to do...

Last edited: